Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cat and export
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cat and export Post 302292305 by steven_TTG on Friday 27th of February 2009 12:19:02 PM
Old 02-27-2009
Thanks your reply
what's the content of your $TESTDIR/filelist?

I mean the file $TESTDIR/filelist also include some relative path.

such as (all realtvie path are set in .profile)

$TESTDIR/test1
$TESTDIR/test2
$TESTDIR2/test3

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

export-dynamic

I load some dynamic libraries from main module (with dlopen). These libraries use 1 function from main module, therefore in Makefile I must use gcc -g -Wl,--export-dynamic,-rpath,./lib -o not not.o db.o -ldl -ldb -lpcap Note option --export-dynamic that is passed to the ELF linker. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

export???

I am trying to export the variable OBJ2 and set it to done. Can some one please let me how to do this? I have tried editing my .bashrc file with this echo <VARIABLE_NAME>=<"OBJ2"> But that wont seem to work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Justinkase
1 Replies

3. BSD

How to export

Hi I need to export some directpry path like below: var1=/<>/<>/<> export var1 This is my basic idea. I tried export var1=/<>/<>/<> after executing this in a shell i did an echo of the var1. But nothing happened. Can you please help me with this. I need to srite a script to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch !!!

Hi Can anybody tell the difference between Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch command in UNIX? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

About export

Hi all, I am calling a script from main script. The called script (second script) have to return some value, i can use exit to pass but in exit i have to pass some other value. i used "export Var", but this command resides in a function of second script. could you please tell me how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

for i in `cat myname.txt` && for y in `cat yourname.txt`

cat myname.txt John Doe I John Doe II John Doe III ----------------------------------------------------------------------- for i in `cat myname.txt` do echo This is my name: $i >> thi.is.my.name.txt done ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danimad
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat in the command line doesn't match cat in the script

Hello, So I sorted my file as I was supposed to: sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 file1 | uniq > file2 and when I wrote > cat file2 in the command line, I got what I was expecting, but in the script itself ... sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 averages | uniq > temp cat file2 It wrote a whole... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
21 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

export. I know it, but...

Hello, I have the following command at the "Shell": export PATH=${PATH}:${ANT_HOME}/bin I know what "export" does and the ANT_HOME part. But, regarding the following part: ${PATH} What is "PATH" Supposed to be here. In other words, what is the value of "PATH". As far as for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SWEngineer
4 Replies

9. Ubuntu

How use export

Hello, I'm trying to use export for non use "./" when I execute a program. I mean "program" in place of "./program" I tried this: export doit=program But doesn't work the answer is: doit command not found Then, I see the variables using export, and I can see: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewBe
1 Replies
MKBOM(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  MKBOM(8)

NAME
mkbom -- create a bill-of-materials file SYNOPSIS
mkbom [-s] directory bom mkbom [-s] -i filelist bom mkbom -h | --help DESCRIPTION
The mkbom command creates a bill-of-materials (bom(5)). You must specify either a source as a directory, or a text file containing a file listing as outputted by lsbom(8). mkbom will generate bill-of-materials information based on that information. Any existing bomfile will be overwritten by the new bomfile. Options: -h print full usage -s create a simplified bom containing only file paths -i filelist use the information in filelist, one entry per line, to construct the bom file. The format of the file should match lsbom(8) output with no formatting options (the default). If -s is given to mkbom, the input filelist should contain only pathnames, as with lsbom -s. SEE ALSO
bom(5), ditto(8), mkbom(8) HISTORY
The mkbom command appeared in NeXTSTEP as a tool to create bom files used during installation. Mac OS X September 26, 2006 Mac OS X