Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users to create format file for bcp in Post 302292235 by Arunprasad on Friday 27th of February 2009 08:06:29 AM
Old 02-27-2009
For that IO Error,
i checked the file system, enough space is available.
till i am getting the same error.

Please help me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create concatenate a file in tab format

Hi, Do you know given a file which is SED at the same time, how to read it and AWK it in tabs format. Means:- I have an input file which is (at the same time perform sed):- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 I would like to print out in tab format which is:- 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 .... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

create filename with 'DD/MM/YYYY' date format

Hi, I can use the following command to create a file with some name then underscore and then date appended to it in the format 'DD-MM-YYYY': touch "newfile_`date '+%d-%m-%Y'`" But it gives me error when I try with the similar command to create a file with the date format 'DD/MM/YYYY'. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to Create this file format structure

This data comes form the table and exported into the file in this format File1 Format weboffercode1,sourcecode1,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode2,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode1,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode3,1,1,1,1,1,1 weboffercode1,sourcecode3,1,1,1,1,1,1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enigma_83
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to format or create a matrix report from file

Dear Unix champs, I have a input file as attached, i would like to create an report from the file as below FileType | EQUENS0001 | EQUENS0002 | EQUENS1100 | EQUENS0003 --------+-------------------------------------------------------- Msg No |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can I bcp out a table into a text file including the header row in the text file

Hi All, I need to BCP out a table into a text file along with the table headers. Normal BCP out command only bulk copies the data, and not the headers. I am using the following command: bcp database1..table1 out file1.dat -c -t\| -b1000 -A8192 -Uuser -Ppassword -efile.dat.err Regards,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilpa_acc
0 Replies

6. Programming

Create table with date format.

Hello, Could you please let me know the correct format of CREATE TABLE statement with DATE format. CREATE TABLE EMP_TABLE1 ( NAME VARCHAR(6) PRIMARY KEY, ADDRESS VARCHAR(6), BIRTH_DATE DATE ); I want BIRTH_DATE to be in "YYYYMMDDHHMISS" format. How we can create table with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed touch command to create a file in the following format

needed touch command to create a file in the following format touch a_yyyymmdd_hhmmss (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Best way to point/update a file during PROD and BCP failover.

Hi All, In UNIX servers we are switching from DR to PROD. After switching to DR we need to update some configuration files which contains the server names. Ex - If we switch to BCP we need to update BCP server name. If we switch back to PROD we need to update PROD server name. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Girish19
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a file from output of vertica table query in UTF-8 format?

Hello, In my shell script, I extract table data from HP Vertica DB into a csv file using vsql -c command. But the problem is the file getting created is in binary format and hence some of the data becomes unreadable which has chinese characters as part of data. file -i filename.csv - gives... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dharmatheja
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create movie from jpg (or other picture format) file

hi linux expert is there any program for create movie file from pictures file (like jpg)? Many Thanks samad (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003
1 Replies
TIFFWriteDirectory(3tiff)												 TIFFWriteDirectory(3tiff)

NAME
TIFFWriteDirectory - write the current directory in an open TIFF file SYNOPSIS
#include <tiffio.h> int TIFFWriteDirectory(TIFF* tif) Write the contents of the current directory to the file and set up to create a new subfile in the same file. Applications only need to call TIFFWriteDirectory when writing multiple subfiles to a single TIFF file. TIFFWriteDirectory is automatically called by TIFFClose and TIFF- Flush to write a modified directory if the file is open for writing. Diagnostics All error messages are directed to the TIFFError(3tiff) routine. Error post-encoding befoBeforeecwritingitthe contents of the current directory, any pending data is flushed. This message indicates that an error occurred while doing this. Error flushing data befoBeforeewritingrthe.contents of the current directory, any pending data is flushed. This message indicates that an error occurred while doing this. Cannot write directory, Therefwasanot enough space to allocate a temporary area for the directory that was to be written. Error writing directory Aowrite error occurred when writing the count of fields in the directory. Error writing directory Aowriteserror occurred when writing the directory fields. Error writing directory Aiwrite error occurred when writing the link to the next directory. Error writing data for fAewriteserror occurred when writing indirect data for the specified field. Error writing TIFF headeA.write error occurred when rewriting header at the front of the file. Error fetching directoryAcread.error occurred when fetching the directory count field for a previous directory. This can occur when setting up a link to the directory that is being written. Error fetching directoryAlread error occurred when fetching the directory link field for a previous directory. This can occur when setting up a link to the directory that is being written. 1 is returned when the contents are successfully written to the file. Otherwise, 0 is returned if an error was encountered when writing the directory contents. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWTiff | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ libtiff(3), TIFFError(3tiff), TIFFOpen(3tiff), TIFFReadDirectory(3tiff), TIFFSetDirectory(3tiff) This man page was originally written by Sam Leffler. Updated by Breda McColgan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. 05 Apr 2004 TIFFWriteDirectory(3tiff)