Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Network connection problem in unix Post 302292215 by candlejack on Friday 27th of February 2009 06:37:32 AM
Old 02-27-2009
You're going to need to be root in order to set up these files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network problem Unix

Changed from a broken Switch to a working HUB everyting else in my network is ok after the change but not my RS/6000! It refuses to get connected, get time out on Pings both ways - strange? Could it be some problem with ARP?:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolun
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connection problem with gui java program to postgreaql database using unix

Having problem in connecting my gui java program to postgreaql database. I first used setenv classpath /home/share/postgresql/java/postgresql.jar:proj1, where proj1 is my folder conatining all java and class file, to set classpath. Then javac *.java. Then java proj1.Login. It gives me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uci
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

network Problem with unix open solaris

Dear Member:- Kindly be I am facing a problem with my open Solaris release b101 1- vi /etc/hostname.reg0 This is my IP address xx.xx.xx.xx 2- vi /etc/netmasks This is my subnet mask 3- vi /etc/defaultrouter This is my gateway 4- vi /etc/resolv.conf This is my DNS written with this way ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellroxy
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Why network connection is down?

Hello colleague, Development department is deploying some applications on solaris machine but hence all connection goes down. Our all network connection files are correct but we can't connect with our gw. Only we can ping localhost and assigned ip address. I don't want to reboot for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies

6. Linux

Network connection

Hi, I installed linux Fedora on a virtual machine, but the network connection is not working. All firewalls are off. Any ideas what is the problem? I am using WiFi. Thanks in advance! Regards, Atanas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
2 Replies

7. Solaris

network connection failing

hi, I'm setting up a home lab and I am having problems keeping my connection open on putty. every time i leave it for about 10 seconds and come back I keep having to re-connect. I'm more of a AIX person and trying to get more fimilar with Sun but some of the commands I am trying to run to diag... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
2 Replies

8. Programming

UNIX Network Programming making files problem

I have started reading the book Unix Network Programming, Volume 1: The Sockets Networking API. I downloaded all the source code and the readme says I must make the files. zuro@zuro:~/book/unpv12e$ cd lib zuro@zuro:~/book/unpv12e/lib$ make gcc -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT -Wall -c -o... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xuro
5 Replies

9. Programming

UNIX network programming execution problem

I have started reading the book Unix Network Programming, Volume 1: The Sockets Networking API. I downloaded all the source code and performed all the steps present in README file.Now when i compile my first program it give the following error. sainandan@nandan:~/unpv13e/intro$ ./daytimetcpcli... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsainandan
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris Network Connection

Hi, Recently we faced awkward situation where we cannot connect to Oracle DB that hosted in Solaris server intermittently and it timeout eventually. The server seems fine. We can putty to server like normal but when try do prstat, it takes time and come out Please Wait.. for a while. When we go... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
1 Replies
Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Git::GatherDir(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Git::GatherDir(3pm)

NAME
Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Git::GatherDir - gather all tracked files in a Git working directory VERSION
version 1.121820 DESCRIPTION
This is a trivial variant of the GatherDir plugin. It looks in the directory named in the "root" attribute and adds all the Git tracked files it finds there (as determined by "git ls-files"). If the root begins with a tilde, the tilde is replaced with the current user's home directory according to File::HomeDir. Most users just need: [Git::GatherDir] ...and this will pick up all tracked files from the current directory into the dist. You can use it multiple times, as you can any other plugin, by providing a plugin name. For example, if you want to include external specification files into a subdir of your dist, you might write: [Git::GatherDir] ; this plugin needs no config and gathers most of your files [Git::GatherDir / SpecFiles] ; this plugin gets all tracked files in the root dir and adds them under ./spec root = ~/projects/my-project/spec prefix = spec ATTRIBUTES
root This is the directory in which to look for files. If not given, it defaults to the dist root -- generally, the place where your dist.ini or other configuration file is located. prefix This parameter can be set to gather all the files found under a common directory. See the description above for an example. include_dotfiles By default, files will not be included if they begin with a dot. This goes both for files and for directories relative to the "root". In almost all cases, the default value (false) is correct. follow_symlinks By default, directories that are symlinks will not be followed. Note on the other hand that in all followed directories, files which are symlinks are always gathered. exclude_filename To exclude certain files from being gathered, use the "exclude_filename" option. This may be used multiple times to specify multiple files to exclude. exclude_match This is just like "exclude_filename" but provides a regular expression pattern. Files matching the pattern are not gathered. This may be used multiple times to specify multiple patterns to exclude. AUTHOR
Jerome Quelin COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2009 by Jerome Quelin. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-30 Dist::Zilla::Plugin::Git::GatherDir(3pm)