Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ftp from windows to unix using a perl script on unix machine Post 302292086 by Yogesh Sawant on Thursday 26th of February 2009 11:18:50 PM
Old 02-27-2009
what's the error message?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

missing Path(in UNIX) when i launch a job on to unix machine using windows SSh

hi i want run an unix application from a windows program/application.i am using SSH(command line version)to log on to a unix machine from windows. the application has to read a configuration file inorder to run. the configuration file .CFG is in bin in my home directory. but the application... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic FTP Script from windows to unix machine

Hi i need to FTP files from windows to unix(sun) machine using script. what are the scripts commands i need to use to transfer files Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmkreddy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Unix Box to Windows Shell Script

Hello All, Could someone help me out with this? I want to incorporate this into an existing script so the output of a SAS job can be ftp'd from our UNIX box to a directory on a drive in Windows environment. Can this be done with no extra third party software? We currently use Putty for copy... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jose Miguel
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from unix shell script to windows

Hi, I m trying to connect/establish FTP from unix shell script to my PC.Below the script i have written #!/bin/ksh ftp -v -n ddcappip01.com << "EOF" user Amit jason bye EOF ------------------------------ERROR-------------------------- but i m getting the below error for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP From UNIX to WINDOWS Using PERL

Hi All, I have to write a PERL script in which I have to FTP results from UNIX to Windows Desktop. How can I do this using PERL? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunal1514
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from windows to unix server using unix shell script

Hi, Is it possible to ftp a huge zip file from windows to unix server using unix shell scripting? If so what command i need to use. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies

8. Solaris

how to execute shell script present in unix machine remotely from windows

how to execute shell script present in unix machine remotely from windows? I having a shell script in my unix machine, need to execute the script remotely from my windows machine using Visual Basic or VBA macros. Thanks In Advance. --Suresh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshmani
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

How to transfer files from UNIX server to windows machine or vice versa using ftp or sftp commands?

hi, i want to write a shell script code which transfers files from a directory in unix server to a directory in a windows machine.. can any1 give me a sample code which uses ftp or sftp command.. thanks very much, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do ftp from UNIX to windows machine?

hi, i am using ftp command to transfer files from unix server to windows server using a web interface. there is a shell script which is called by the web page which executes a ftp command which (ftp) tries to connect to the windows machine and asks for username and password. so in order to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
6 Replies
CATGETS(3)						     Library Functions Manual							CATGETS(3)

NAME
catgets - get message from a message catalog SYNOPSIS
#include <nl_types.h> char *catgets(nl_catd catalog, int set_number, int message_number, const char *message); DESCRIPTION
catgets() reads the message message_number, in set set_number, from the message catalog identified by catalog, where catalog is a catalog descriptor returned from an earlier call to catopen(3). The fourth argument message points to a default message string which will be returned by catgets() if the identified message catalog is not currently available. The message-text is contained in an internal buffer area and should be copied by the application if it is to be saved or modified. The return string is always terminated with a null byte. RETURN VALUE
On success, catgets() returns a pointer to an internal buffer area containing the null-terminated message string. On failure, catgets() returns the value message. NOTES
These functions are only available in libc.so.4.4.4c and above. The Jan 1987 X/Open Portability Guide specifies a more subtle error return: message is returned if the message catalog specified by catalog is not available, while an empty string is returned when the mes- sage catalog is available but does not contain the specified message. These two possible error returns seem to be discarded in XPG4.2 in favour of always returning message. CONFORMING TO
XPG4.2 SEE ALSO
catopen(3), setlocale(3) 1998-08-09 CATGETS(3)