Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Question regarding Zone Migration Post 302291937 by em23 on Thursday 26th of February 2009 03:21:14 PM
Old 02-26-2009
Question regarding Zone Migration

I have a general question regarding Zone Migration.

I have an older system that is currently running a zone configured with ProFTPD & SSL.

If I want to migrate or clone that zone to another (much newer) system, will I still have to setup & configure ProFTPD & SSL on the new system?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Veritas Storage Question (Data Migration)

Using Solaris 10 with Veritas Storage Foundation running. I want to copy all contents from DISKA LUN1 to DISKB LUN2. What would be the command syntax to do this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Some Question's about Zone

Hi all, i am new learner in Zoning and virtualization Technology and i have some question's about it i create zone using this step zonecfg -z app-apache create set zonepath=/zone_adm/app-apache add net set address=192.168.1.250 set physical=bge0 end set autoboot=true verify commit... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: coxmanchester
13 Replies

3. Solaris

Zone failes to boot due to mount issue, dir exists in zone.

I have two physical servers, with zones that mount local storage. We were using "raw device" in the zonecfg to point to a metadevice on the global zone (it was not mounted in the global zone at any point). It failed to mount on every boot because the directory existed in the zone. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Zone migration which are clustered

Hello Admins... How can we migrate a solaris 10 zone which is clustered...?? We have sun cluster 3.2 in our environment. And this is 2 -node cluster Let me know guys... Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Zone ipf question

Hello, I was wondering, if your setting ipf filter rules on a Solaris 10 server with one or more full root zones. Where do you set it? I know that the place to set the rules is here; /etc/ipf/ipf.conf. Do I set it in each zone and the global? Or should I just set the rules at the global? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Zone Cluster Question

I have a question about losing a node in a zone cluster. Hopefully I can explain enough for someone to answer. Let's say I have a zone cluster spread over 3 physical nodes. If Node1 crashes, would I be correct in assuming I would lose all zones on Node1? If I lost Node1 below, would I lose... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MasonJ
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris 10: I forgot to detach a zone before zpool export. Uninstall zone?

Dear all, recently, I migrated a solaris zone from one host to another. The zone was inside of a zpool. The zpool cotains two volumes. I did the following: host1: $ zlogin zone1 shutdown -y -g0 -i0 #Zone status changes from running to installed $ zpool export zone1 host2: $ zpool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: custos
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

SAN Migration question

Hi, I am very new to HP-UX, and we're going to be doing a SAN migration. We're going to take down the machine, and zone it to the new SAN. My question is, will the device names change and will that interfere with the LVM? If the new disks come in with different device names, how would I... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

9. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
4 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. name $name = $question->name; Internationalised domain name corresponding to the qname attribute. Decoding non-ASCII domain names is computationally expensive and undesirable for names which are likely to be used to construct further queries. When required to communicate with humans, the 'proper' domain name should be extracted from a query or reply packet. $query = new Net::DNS::Packet( $example, 'ANY' ); $reply = $resolver->send($query) or die; ($question) = $reply->question; $name = $question->name; qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Canonical ASCII domain name as required for the query subject transmitted to a nameserver. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.16.3 2012-12-28 Net::DNS::Question(3)