Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem Accessing disk
Operating Systems Solaris Problem Accessing disk Post 302291935 by xXCanisLupusXx on Thursday 26th of February 2009 03:13:14 PM
Old 02-26-2009
Because I Wanted To Determine The Partition Is The NTFS Partition, Plus The Tutorial Said To Do It.

Heres The Link To It: Mounting Windows' NTFS on [Open]Solaris x86/x64 : Giri Mandalika's scratchpad

although im trying to mount a ide hardrive not usb

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Multi Hard Disk & theme

Hie, Im having 2 Questions. Please help. - Do Anyone know how to accessanother HDD using Linux? Ive tried many ways before but unable to do so. Im using 2 HDD, The main Hdd/Partition where my unix is are using Seagate HDD 20GB , another HDD is using Maxtor 20GB. From my seagate Hdd where my... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
8 Replies

2. IP Networking

Problem accessing network using Linux

Ok, here at work, we have Windows computers which login into a MS domain server. Some of us also have Linux boxes which get a ip address from the dhcp server. We can see other boxes and see the internet until about 1 week ago. Now, we still get a ip address but can't see anything within our... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natter
3 Replies

3. Programming

Problem accessing struct member

I have a struct as follows... struct A { int a; ucontext_t X; //ucontext_t is another structure } How do I define a pointer to the above structure variable X of the type ucontext_t from within another function? eg. void foo() { struct A a; /////WHAT COMES IN... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacques83
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem accessing csh ?? (Newbie)

Hi All, Just recently started using a program in Unix for a client. I was sent a script to use but for some reason it's not working. The person who created the script first suggested I may need to edit the first line of the script so that it has the correct path for the csh file: #!/bin/csh -f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmalt
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem with accessing SAN disks

Hi, I'm having a problem when attempting to define the OCR location for my 10g RAC setup on Solaris 10. I get the following error: The specified shared raw partition /dev/did/rdsk/d1s0 may not have the correct permission. Verify that the partition is owned by Oracle user. As per the Oracle10g... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael.chow
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in accessing variables outside shell

Hi, I have a shell script wherein i am doing some file operations and storing the data in some variables. I am exporting these variables as i need to use them outside shell. Then within the shell i am launching GDB session hoping that i will be able to access the exported variables in the GDB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsantosh
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Accessing a StorageTek 2530 Disk array from SUN, SPARC Enterprise T2000

Hello, Wondering if anyone can help me with mounting a file share from my Sun T2000 server running Solaris 10 to my connected 2530 disk array? I believe I've connected the disk array correctly and I have created a volume on the array using the filesystem (Sun_SAM-FS, RAID-5). The T2000... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: DundeeDancer
15 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Problem with accessing my 2nd hard drive

Hello I am having a problem with being able to use my 2nd hard drive as my new os doesn't recognize it. it is /dev/hdb2 and it shows as It is still in my system. it is a 73 gb hard drive and it is useless to me now. I used to have windows XP and had no problem with it,I have since changed to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donald Spauldin
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem accessing array elements

Hi all, I can’t resolve an array element access issue on (Linux/pdksh) .. So I’m positing for advice.By the way - a friend demonstrated to me - same script works as expected under Solaris. I have been working on a documentation project where many *.jpg screen shots are used in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: njdpo
4 Replies

10. IP Networking

Problem accessing my domain from some computers

I hope I'm posting this in the right forum... Hi, I'm a newbie trying to set up my own home web server. I have an old laptop where I have a LAMP set up. Virgin Media won't give me a static IP so I am using dyndns, my IP hasn't changed for months anyway... So the problem is this... The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Percyval
5 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)