Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Multiple excel files processing on unix Post 302291923 by ShawnMilo on Thursday 26th of February 2009 03:02:48 PM
Old 02-26-2009
Yes -- the abtab utilities I linked to above. The abtab_cat utility should allow you to pass parameters identifying the input as XLS and the output as CSV (or at least tab-delimited, which is easy enough to convert).

The syntax will be something like the following (untested):

Code:
abtab_cat --in xls://filename.xls --out tab://filename.tab

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple excel work sheets through UNIX

Hi, There is this requirement to create multiple work sheets in an MS Excel file through UNIX. We normally can create one work sheet in unix by either tab or comma delimiting and appending .xls or .csv to the file name, but can we create multiple work sheets. Regards, Puspendu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: puspendu
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing Multiple Files

Hello Everyone, I am new to scripting and confused with how to do this efficiently. I am trying to use AWK to do this. I have a lot of files in a folder which has the data of my throughput measurements in two columns i.e. Serial # and Throughput. like this 177.994 847.9 178.996 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hakim
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add multiple .csv files as sheets to an excel file in unix.

Hi, I am using Solaris 8. My script outputs 4 .csv files. Currently I am SFTPing the files and creating a new excel file with the 4 files as sheets. Can anyone suggest ways to do this in UNIX ? Thanks, David. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: libin4u2000
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single output of awk script processing multiple files

Helllo UNIX Forum :) Since I am posting on this board, yes, I am new to UNIX! I read a copy of "UNIX made easy" from 1990, which felt like a making a "computer-science time jump" backwards ;) So, basically I have some sort of understanding what the basic concept is. Problem Description:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kasimir
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple groups of files processing

I have five directories, dir1 to dir5 for each directory, I have all same number-named folders. There are four types of folders, {1..10}, {20..30}, { 40..50}, {60..70} Now for each types of folder, I will do the same thing, here is the code for i in {1..5} do cd dir$i mkdir temp1 for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgreen
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

create separate files from one excel file with multiple sheets

Hi, I have one requirement, create separate files (".csv") from one excel file(xlsx) with multiple sheets. These ".csv" files are my source files. So anybody please suggest me the process. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Harris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing multiple files awk

hai i need my single awk script to act on 4 trace files of ns2 and to calculate througput and it should print result from each trace file in a single trace file. i tried with the following code but it doesnt work awk -f awkscript inputfile1 inputfile2 inputfile3 inputfile4>outputfile ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathyy
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write two csv files into one excel with multiple sheets

I have requirement to write two CSV files to one single excel with multiple sheets. Data present in the two files should sit in excel as different sheets. How can we achieve this using shell script? 1.csv 2. csv 1,2,3,4 5,6,7,8 XXXXX YYYYY Res.excel 1.csv data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: duplicate
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing multiple files

Hello I have a program cfxfrwb which is designed to remove headers from reports files. The cfxfrwb is located in the following directory /u01/efin/v40/live/bin I run the program against a single report file in the temp directory and it does it's job../cfxfrwb... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: captainrhodes
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing multiple files (environment setting)

Hello I posted on here a while ago about processing multiple files within a script. See original post below: I have a program cfxfrwb which is designed to remove headers from reports files. The cfxfrwb is located in the following directory /u01/efin/v40/live/bin I run the program against... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: captainrhodes
8 Replies
Test::Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Test::Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)

NAME
Test::Excel::Template::Plus - Testing module for use with Excel::Template::Plus SYNOPSIS
use Test::More tests => 1; use Test::Excel::Template::Plus; my $template = Excel::Template::Plus->new( engine => 'TT', template => 'test.tmpl', config => { INCLUDE => [ '/templates' ] }, params => { ... } ); $template->write_file('test.xls'); # compare the file we just made with # an existing example file ... cmp_excel_files("test.xls", "t/xls/test.xls", '... the excel files matched'); DISCLAIMER
This module is woefully incomplete. It works for my very basic purposes right now, but it is surely going to need lots or work in the future to make it really usable. DESCRIPTION
This module attempts to provide a means of testing and comparing dynamically generated excel files. Currently it only supports comparing two excel files for some approximation of strutural (values within cells) and visual (formatting of said cells) equivalence. As a by product of the implementation, elements may get compared which don't really need comparing, and things which do need comparing may be skipped. This will get refined as time goes by and the module is used in more heavyweight situations. FUNCTIONS
cmp_excel_files($file1, $file2, $msg) BUGS
All complex software has bugs lurking in it, and this module is no exception. If you find a bug please either email me, or add the bug to cpan-RT. AUTHOR
Stevan Little <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2007-2010 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-06 Test::Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)