Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Array reference - bad substitution Post 302291888 by swankgd on Thursday 26th of February 2009 02:01:33 PM
Old 02-26-2009
That's almost got it. How would I get it to print a tab character between each row element?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bad Substitution

Need Help... I am getting a bad substitution error on my script on a Solaris Server. However the script has been proven to work on HPUX and Solaris servers... #!/usr/bin/sh # # Set the location of the tzupdater.jar file # JAR=/tmp/tzupdater.jar # <<<<< UPDATE THIS LINE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: D_Redd74
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Variable Reference and Substitution

I can't seem to make what appears to be a simple substitution. I want to define a list of systems for which daily reports need to be filed systems="systemA systemC systemZ" I then want to run a loop for i in ${systems} Analyze statistics Create the reports mailx (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mugsymark
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bad substitution error in ksh

hi, i created a shell script having the following content: #! /usr/bin/ksh FROM="myemail@domain.com" MAILTO="someemail@domain" SUBJECT="TEST" BODY="/export/home/adshocker/body.txt" ATTACH="/export/home/adshocker/attach.prog" echo $ATTACH ATTACH_NAME="${ATTACH##*/}" echo $ATTACH_NAME... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adshocker
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bad substitution

#!/bin/bash a1=( win 12,01,02,03,04 ) a2=( pre 04,05,06 ) a3=( msn 06,07,08,09 ) Given the above arrays, I want the script to return/echo the following in a loop; win 12,01,02,03,04 pre 04,05,06,07 msn 06,07,08,09 But I can't get it to do as such. I've tried; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muhammad Rahiz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bad substitution error!

Hi All, I'm building a new shell script but i'm facing a problem with one line which is giving "bad substitution" error. Please assist script lines: #!/bin/sh printf "%s: " "Occurrence DATE (YYYYMMDD)"; read DATE shortdate=${DATE#??} o/p: ./test1: bad substitution This command is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dendany83
2 Replies

6. Programming

Make: Bad Substitution

Hi, I have a make file which I try to execute, but it failed when it arrived to the line: for r in ${PIPESTATUS }; do if (($r != 0)); then exit $r; fi;done; With the Error: ""make:/bin/sh: Bad substitution"" Or the Error: "make:${PIPESTATUS[...}: Bad substitution" (Depend on the operating... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadne
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why I get bad bad substitution when using eval?

Why I get bad replace when using eval? $ map0=( "0" "0000" "0") $ i=0 $ eval echo \${map$i} 0000 $ a=`eval echo \${map$i}` !!!error happens!!! bash: ${map$i}: bad substitution How to resolve it ? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bad substitution

Cant undestand :) why i have an error on line 2.it is working on my other boxes #!/bin/bash ret=$(echo Q | timeout 5 openssl s_client connect "${1`hostname`}:${2-443}" -ssl3 2> /dev/null) if echo "${ret}" | grep -q 'Protocol.*SSLv3'; then if echo "${ret}" | grep -q 'Cipher.*0000'; then ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bad substitution issues.. but why?

i am trying to prepare a train and test dataset, for which i need to randomly split the data into corresponding folders (train,test).. I began on a simple script, but seem to get som weird error messages, that i cannot make sense of?.. what am I doing wrong? #!/bin/bash RED='\033] then... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: kidi
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bad substitution - ShellCheck says okay

ShellCheck doesn't find any issues with this script. #!/bin/bash # color_meanings: explain meanings of colors used in bash ls eval "$(echo "no:fi:di:ln:pi:so:do:bd:cd:or:mi:su:sg:tw:st:ex" | sed -e 's/:/=/g; s/\;/\n/g')" { IFS=: for i in $LS_COLORS do ... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xubuntu56
18 Replies
add_wch(3XCURSES)					  X/Open Curses Library Functions					 add_wch(3XCURSES)

NAME
add_wch, mvadd_wch, mvwadd_wch, wadd_wch - add a complex character (with rendition) to a window SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library ... ] #include <curses.h> int add_wch(const cchar_t *wch); int wadd_wch(WINDOW *win, const cchar_t *wch); int mvadd_wch(int y, int x, const cchar_t *wch); int mvwadd_wch(WINDOW *win, int y, int x, const cchar_t *wch); DESCRIPTION
The add_wch() function writes a complex character to the stdscr window at the current cursor position. The mvadd_wch() and mvwadd_wch() functions write the character to the position indicated by the x (column) and y (row) parameters. The mvadd_wch() function writes the character to the stdscr window, while mvwadd_wch() writes the character to the window specified by win. The wadd_wch() function is iden- tical to add_wch(), but writes the character to the window specified by win. These functions advance the cursor after writing the charac- ter. If wch is a spacing complex character, X/Open Curses replaces any previous character at the specified location with wch (and its rendi- tion). If wch is a non-spacing complex character, X/Open Curses preserves all existing characters at the specified location and adds the non-spacing characters of wch to the spacing complex character. It ignores the rendition associated with wch. Characters that do not fit on the end of the current line are wrapped to the beginning of the next line unless the current line is the last line of the window and scrolling is disabled. In that situation, X/Open Curses discards characters which extend beyond the end of the line. When wch is a backspace, carriage return, newline, or tab, X/Open Curses moves the cursor appropriately as described in the curses(3XCURSES) man page. Each tab character moves the cursor to the next tab stop. By default, tab stops occur every eight columns. When wch is a control character other than a backspace, carriage return, newline, or tab, it is written using ^x notation, where x is a print- able character. When X/Open Curses writes wch to the last character position on a line, it automatically generates a newline. When wch is written to the last character position of a scrolling region and scrollok() is enabled, X/Open Curses scrolls the scrolling region up one line (see clearok(3XCURSES)). PARAMETERS
wch Is the character/attribute pair (rendition) to be written to the window. win Is a pointer to the window in which the character is to be written. y Is the y (row) coordinate of the character's position in the window. x Is the x (column) coordinate of the character's position in the window. RETURN VALUES
On success, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
None. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attr_off(3XCURSES), bkgrndset(3XCURSES), curses(3XCURSES), doupdate(3XCURSES), in_wch(3XCURSES), ins_wch(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), nl(3XCURSES), printw(3XCURSES), scrollok(3XCURSES), scrl(3XCURSES), setscrreg(3XCURSES), terminfo(4), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2002 add_wch(3XCURSES)