Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX Technology Level 9
Operating Systems AIX AIX Technology Level 9 Post 302291805 by ryanbsc@gmail.c on Thursday 26th of February 2009 11:01:12 AM
Old 02-26-2009
Error thanks

Thanks Shockneck

I appreciate your help. Its unfortunate they dont release more information about their new features Smilie.

However thanks for your help so far.

Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

aix maintenance level

Hi, I want to know which command will list only maintenance level of Aix Operating system For Example: 5.3.1.7 in this example which is maintenance level of OS. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

2. AIX

Technology Level update errors

Hello, I recently did an update from 5300-0-0 to 5300-05-06. When I run lppchk -v I get the following errors: # lppchk -v lppchk: The following filesets need to be installed or corrected to bring the system to a consistent state: invscout.rte 2.1.0.0 (not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
4 Replies

3. AIX

How to upgrade AIX TL (technology level)

Hello. Im attempting to install Oracle 11g, but my current AIX is a bit too old. Oracle 11g require TV 5300-05-06, and my current AIX TV is: % oslevel -s 5300-05-00 So what would be the best way to update TV? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
6 Replies

4. AIX

Update technology level

Hello I update one lpar from TL03 to TL06 reboot and check with lppchk -v, errpt and everything looks fine then I commit my fileset and I update to TL08-04. The installation was ok. I reboot my machine again check with lppchk -v and errpt and its ok, but when I type oslevel -s I get this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
5 Replies

5. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

6. AIX

rolling back Technology Level

Hi, is it possible to roll back currently updated Technology level ? what are steps required? Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Which technology is better with UNIX/AIX

Hi Guys, need your help .... I am working in UNIX field from last 2 years, its my career starting days.. Which technology I have to melt up with NIX knowledge which can provide me high opportunities in today's IT market ?? Now a days, I am learning C. I m not want to hurt anyone but some says... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul9806
0 Replies

8. AIX

AIX OS level

I currently have 2 servers running AIX 6.1 on them, but the OS level is listed differently in WSM. I am fairly new to AIX and just re-installed the OS on one of the boxes that originally had 5.1 on it. It now shows 6.1.0.0, whereas the other one shows 6.1.3.0. I have been trying to figure out how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rifamilyguy
2 Replies

9. AIX

Pre-installation verification before technology level update

Hello, I was trying to upgrade TL on a lab server (test box). I did worked on (few) these type of SP and TL updates in the recent past. I saw the below message for the first time on server. current OS level : 7100-03-01-1341 downloaded the newest/recent fix pack from fix central as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: system.engineer
3 Replies
XChangeDeviceDontPropagateList(3X11)									      XChangeDeviceDontPropagateList(3X11)

NAME
XChangeDeviceDontPropagateList, XGetDeviceDontPropagateList - query or change the dont-propagate-list for extension devices SYNOPSIS
XChangeDeviceDontPropagateList(display, window, count, event_list, mode) Display *display; Window *window; int *count; XEventClass *event_list; int mode; XEventClass *XGetDeviceDontPropagateList(display, window, count) Display *display; Window *window; int *count; ARGUMENTS
Specifies the connection to the X server. Specifies the window whose dont-propagate-list is to be queried or modified. Specifies a pointer to a list of event classes. Specifies the mode. You can pass AddToList, or DeleteFromList. Specifies the number of event classes in the list. DESCRIPTION
The XChangeDeviceDontPropagateList request modifies the list of events that should not be propagated to ancestors of the event window. This request allows extension events to be added to or deleted from that list. By default, all events are propagated to ancestor windows. Once modified, the list remains modified for the life of the window. Events are not removed from the list because the client that added them has terminated. Suppression of event propagation is not allowed for all input extension events. If a specified event class is one that cannot be sup- pressed, a BadClass error will result. Events that can be suppressed include DeviceKeyPress, DeviceKeyRelease, DeviceButtonPress, Device- ButtonRelease, DeviceMotionNotify, ProximityIn, and ProximityOut. XChangeDeviceDontPropagateList can generate a BadDevice, BadClass, or BadValue error. The XGetDeviceDontPropagateList request queries the list of events that should not be propagated to ancestors of the event window. XGetDeviceDontPropagateList can generate a BadClass or BadWindow error. DIAGNOSTICS
An invalid device was specified. The specified device does not exist or has not been opened by this client via XOpenInputDevice. This error may also occur if some other client has caused the specified device to become the X keyboard or X pointer device via the XChangeKey- boardDevice or XChangePointerDevice requests. Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request. Unless a spe- cific range is specified for an argument, the full range defined by the argument's type is accepted. Any argument defined as a set of alternatives can generate this error. An invalid window id was specified. An invalid event class was specified. SEE ALSO
Programming With Xlib XChangeDeviceDontPropagateList(3X11)