Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Run Command in Specific Time ... Post 302291745 by IT Helper on Thursday 26th of February 2009 09:14:26 AM
Old 02-26-2009
Run Command in Specific Time ...

Guy's

I want to make script to run this command solevel every Saturday at 8:00 clock exactly .

Can you please help me and teach me how to do this ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

time of a particular command run

Hello all, I need to find, what time a particular command was run in one of our AIX box. In our environment, we use 'powerbroker' to login as root and there are so many people who use this. I tried history command, which shown me similar to below: 406 ls -l | *user* 407 ls -l... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsabarinath
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

specific number jobs run at the same time

Hi, I have more that 100 jobs I can run background, if I want only 4 running at ther same time, how can I write a script to control it? Thanks peter (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laopi
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run .command at specific times

Okay so I've got a command to start my java server up, but I want it to start at say 8:00AM and then stop at 11:00PM. In order to stop it I have to type stop and press enter in the terminal. I've been trying to get this to work and I'm having no luck. Here's my command: #!/bin/bash cd "`dirname... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JustChillin1414
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run command against multiple specific value in one file

Hi all, I am trying to create a shell script from solaris 10 server to run a command into multiple specific value in one file. The command is related to Oracle/Sun JES2005Q4 directory server. #this is the command, #from path /jes/ds/slapd-rldap1 ./ns-inactivate.pl -h mldap1 -p 389 -D... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_47
12 Replies

5. Ubuntu

run multiple command at the same time in one window terminal using multiplexer

Hi, I would like to ask if someone knows or accomplished this task in the terminal multiplexer in a single window with multiple splitted pane: In the script run multiple command at the same time in diff splitted pane or simulatneously. As an example: I would like to run iptraf, iotop, htop,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for telnet and run one command kill it and run another command using while loop

( sleep 3 echo ${LOGIN} sleep 2 echo ${PSWD} sleep 2 while read line do echo "$line" PID=$? sleep 2 kill -9 $PID done < temp sleep 5 echo "exit" ) | telnet ${HOST} while is executing only command and exits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sooda
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run commands at a specific time.

Hello All, I have written a script which which is working fine to a certain logic of it. But i want a part of the script to run two commands at 00:10 hrs every day. These two command are 1. rm -rf /path/to/folder 2. mail the content of a file. How do i achieve this. Thanks. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a command for specific amount of time with an auto key press

Hi, I have been trying to do a small fun project for myself. I want to run a command for 45 seconds. And to get the final output of this command, the script requires I push the "q" key on my keyboard and then the final output file becomes available. I tried the following script. But it... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listen sharp time to run a command inside a script

Hello, Just wondered if there is any possibility to run a command at sharp time inside a script in linux. My question is not about crontab Example: #!/bin/bash cd /home/database for i in * do command 1 if time is 19:00, day is Monday then run command2 if time is 20:00, day is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitute grep command at run time

HI I am trying to use the following code in the shell script (using grep) usage() { echo "Usage: ./$0 <file name> <interval> <pattern>" } METRICS_FILE=$1 INTERVAL=$2 PATTERN="$3" .. if then PATTERN="grep Gx" fi COUNT=`cat ${METRICS_FILE} | "${PATTERN}" |egrep... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asifansari
8 Replies
Test::Valgrind::Command::PerlScript(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  Test::Valgrind::Command::PerlScript(3pm)

NAME
Test::Valgrind::Command::PerlScript - A Test::Valgrind command that invokes a perl script. VERSION
Version 1.13 DESCRIPTION
This command is meant to abstract the argument list handling of a "perl" script. METHODS
This class inherits Test::Valgrind::Command::Perl. "new file => $file, [ taint_mode => $taint_mode ], ..." The package constructor, which takes several options : o $file is the path to the "perl" script you want to run. This option is mandatory. o $taint_mode is actually handled by the parent class Test::Valgrind::Command::Perl, but it gets special handling in this subclass : if "undef" is passed (which is the default), the constructor will try to infer its right value from the shebang line of the script. Other arguments are passed straight to "Test::Valgrind::Command::Perl->new". "file" Read-only accessor for the "file" option. SEE ALSO
Test::Valgrind, Test::Valgrind::Command::Perl. AUTHOR
Vincent Pit, "<perl at profvince.com>", <http://www.profvince.com>. You can contact me by mail or on "irc.perl.org" (vincent). BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-test-valgrind at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Valgrind <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Valgrind>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. SUPPORT
You can find documentation for this module with the perldoc command. perldoc Test::Valgrind::Command::PerlScript COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2009,2010,2011 Vincent Pit, all rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2011-08-25 Test::Valgrind::Command::PerlScript(3pm)