Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX Technology Level 9
Operating Systems AIX AIX Technology Level 9 Post 302291731 by funksen on Thursday 26th of February 2009 08:58:20 AM
Old 02-26-2009
the most important things for me are:

IZ13484 ADD MOUNT OPTION TO NOT UPDATE ACCESS TIMES FOR JFS2
IZ15252 TOPAS TAPE METRIC SUPPORT
IZ16336 HOST ETHERNET ADAPTER PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENTS
IZ18032 TOPAS ENHANCEMENTS WITH NMON FUNCTION
IZ18796 TOPAS AND TOPASOUT VSCI SUPPORT
IZ11387 ADDING SUPPORT FOR TAPE AS VTD

but that depends on the hw you are using ^^

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

aix maintenance level

Hi, I want to know which command will list only maintenance level of Aix Operating system For Example: 5.3.1.7 in this example which is maintenance level of OS. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

2. AIX

Technology Level update errors

Hello, I recently did an update from 5300-0-0 to 5300-05-06. When I run lppchk -v I get the following errors: # lppchk -v lppchk: The following filesets need to be installed or corrected to bring the system to a consistent state: invscout.rte 2.1.0.0 (not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
4 Replies

3. AIX

How to upgrade AIX TL (technology level)

Hello. Im attempting to install Oracle 11g, but my current AIX is a bit too old. Oracle 11g require TV 5300-05-06, and my current AIX TV is: % oslevel -s 5300-05-00 So what would be the best way to update TV? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
6 Replies

4. AIX

Update technology level

Hello I update one lpar from TL03 to TL06 reboot and check with lppchk -v, errpt and everything looks fine then I commit my fileset and I update to TL08-04. The installation was ok. I reboot my machine again check with lppchk -v and errpt and its ok, but when I type oslevel -s I get this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
5 Replies

5. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

6. AIX

rolling back Technology Level

Hi, is it possible to roll back currently updated Technology level ? what are steps required? Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Which technology is better with UNIX/AIX

Hi Guys, need your help .... I am working in UNIX field from last 2 years, its my career starting days.. Which technology I have to melt up with NIX knowledge which can provide me high opportunities in today's IT market ?? Now a days, I am learning C. I m not want to hurt anyone but some says... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul9806
0 Replies

8. AIX

AIX OS level

I currently have 2 servers running AIX 6.1 on them, but the OS level is listed differently in WSM. I am fairly new to AIX and just re-installed the OS on one of the boxes that originally had 5.1 on it. It now shows 6.1.0.0, whereas the other one shows 6.1.3.0. I have been trying to figure out how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rifamilyguy
2 Replies

9. AIX

Pre-installation verification before technology level update

Hello, I was trying to upgrade TL on a lab server (test box). I did worked on (few) these type of SP and TL updates in the recent past. I saw the below message for the first time on server. current OS level : 7100-03-01-1341 downloaded the newest/recent fix pack from fix central as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: system.engineer
3 Replies
NMON(1) 							   User Commands							   NMON(1)

NAME
nmon - systems administrator, tuner, benchmark tool. DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the nmon command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. nmon is is a systems administrator, tuner, benchmark tool. It can display the CPU, memory, network, disks (mini graphs or numbers), file systems, NFS, top processes, resources (Linux version & processors) and on Power micro-partition information. OPTIONS
nmon follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). nmon [-h] [-s <seconds>] [-c <count>] [-f -d <disks> -t -r <name>] [-x] A summary of options is included below. -h FULL help information Interactive-Mode: read startup banner and type: "h" once it is running For Data-Collect-Mode (-f) -f spreadsheet output format [note: default -s300 -c288] optional -s <seconds> between refreshing the screen [default 2] -c <number> of refreshes [default millions] -d <disks> to increase the number of disks [default 256] -t spreadsheet includes top processes -x capacity planning (15 min for 1 day = -fdt -s 900 -c 96) AUTHOR
nmon was written by Nigel Griffiths <nag@uk.ibm.com> This manual page was written by Giuseppe Iuculano <giuseppe@iuculano.it>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). nmon August 2009 NMON(1)