Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awking two columns
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awking two columns Post 302291575 by sophiesophie on Thursday 26th of February 2009 03:27:42 AM
Old 02-26-2009
its about the two values of two columns
I need to make the first column values will be higher compared to the subsequent column 2 values

11 ..12 to 12.. 11

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awking!! Printing decimal output is struck

Hi friends, I have a small problem with AWK. I am not able to print decimal values! :confused: below is my code: #! /bin/awk -f awk BEGIN{printf("%d",123)}; -> This prints the integer properly. x=111 awk BEGIN{printf("%d",x)}; -> This doesnt print! :( Please help me solve this. It... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: divzz
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awking and grepping parts of files: the 'super diff'

OKAY---- Here's what I must do. I have two files. I need to compare the two files such as with the diff command. I am adding FILENEW to FILEOLD If fields $1, $2, $5, and 6 are the same, then I don't want to add FILENEW records to FILEOLD. If they are not, then append the lines. Is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awking

Could someone find out wht exactly is goin wrong in the following awk: awk '/${EDW_DB_SCHEMA}.WRKR/ || !/otable/&&/${EDW_DB_SCHEMA}.WRKR/ || !/db-ter-load-data/&&/${EDW_DB_SCHEMA}.WRKR/' <my_graph>.ksh Basically, I am trying to achieve: Find out the occurence of WRKR table in <my_graph>.ksh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anduzzi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awking

Hi... How does awk or sed or even grep extract the following string out of my text file?. '"${ETL_VW_SCHEMA}"'.IATA_STN_TZ_UTC_LCL_CONV_CV '"${ETL_VW_SCHEMA}"'.CO '"${ETL_VW_SCHEMA}"'.TEST_CO I just need to extract the second entry which means I need to let awk know I am just searching for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anduzzi
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awking two columns based on symbols

The input file has 3 columns. the first column with low values second with bigger.If the symbol is - in third column the numbers have to change the least in column1 and highest in col2. Input col1 col2 col3 1 2 + 2 3 - 3 4 + 5 6 - Output col1 col2 col3 1 2 + 3 2 - 3 4 + 6 5 - The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stateperl
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help awking a 'head -1 file.txt' input

Hi there, my ksh script collects a procstack trace for a particular pid and then greps it by a transaction id to find out the pthread ID: ---------- tid# 1876087 (pthread ID: 4466) ---------- So the pthread ID I want is 4466 in this case, and it is assighed to the variable $pthread.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmf33uk
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awking string only 6 character long and providing a count

Morning Guys, I am attempting to awk a file which strings in the file is only 6 characters long and not more. Currently it is counting every line and giving a count of 59, but it should be 57 (not including the long baracode - 004705CIM*****) " awk '/./ {cnt++} END {print cnt}'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping or awking multiple lines in a file - regex

data.txt: hellohellohello mellomello1mello tellotellotellotello bellobellowbellow vellow My attempts: egrep ".*mello1\n.*bellow" data.txt awk '/.*mello1.*\nbellow/' data.txt how can i search for patterns that are on different lines using simple egrep or awk? i only want the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awking custom output

i have data that can look like this: echo "Master_Item_Service_is_down=0_njava_lang_NoClassDefFoundError=0_njava_lang_OutOfMemoryError=1_nemxCommonAppInitialization__Error_while_initializing=0_nINFO__Stopping_Coyote_HTTP_1_1_on_http_8080=7_nThe_file_or_directory_is_corrupted_and_unreadable=0_n" ... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awking binary data

i have a binary data that has some text in it. what i want to do is, i want to grab just piece of information from the binary. but when i run my awk on it, it returns nothing. awk -F"MYINFO=" '{print $2}' mybinary however, when i install gawk, then try again, it works. i would prefer... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
PWD(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    PWD(1)

NAME
pwd -- return working directory name SYNOPSIS
pwd [-LP] DESCRIPTION
The pwd utility writes the absolute pathname of the current working directory to the standard output. Some shells may provide a builtin pwd command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. The options are as follows: -L Display the logical current working directory. -P Display the physical current working directory (all symbolic links resolved). If no options are specified, the -P option is assumed. ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables used by pwd: PWD Logical current working directory. DIAGNOSTICS
The pwd utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. STANDARDS
The pwd utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). SEE ALSO
builtin(1), cd(1), csh(1), sh(1), getcwd(3) BUGS
In csh(1) the command dirs is always faster because it is built into that shell. However, it can give a different answer in the rare case that the current directory or a containing directory was moved after the shell descended into it. The -L option does not work unless the PWD environment variable is exported by the shell. BSD
February 4, 2002 BSD