Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Char initialization
Top Forums Programming Char initialization Post 302291559 by pludi on Thursday 26th of February 2009 02:34:47 AM
Old 02-26-2009
There's a simpler way for you to do your homework. Write a C program with this case and let it print out the (numeric) values of the array. Compile, run, learn.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Struct Initialization

Hi We are using a code generator for initializing structures with the #define macro. Compiling it with the GCC 2.8.1 (with -ansi) it OK. But when we are using the SUN C 5.0 compiler it screams. Following is a code sample: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> typedef struct TEST3 {... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatsaka
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help regarding storing the initialization parameters

Hi all, In my shell script, I am reading some files, processing them, and writing the out-put in the log files. The out put contains number of rows in the file etc. I want to fetch the input files from a particular directory and I want to write the logs in a particular directory with a particular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VENC22
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell initialization files

As you know, when a user logs in, the shell reads the initialization files in an order something like below... ################### Bourne Shell /etc/profile > $HOME/.profile Bash Shell /etc/profile > $HOME/.bash_profile > $HOME/.bash_login > $HOME/.profile > $HOME/.bashrc C Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeanWuzHere
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace any char with newline char.

Hi, How to replace any character in a file with a newline character using sed .. Ex: To replace ',' with newline Input: abcd,efgh,ijkl,mnop Output: abcd efgh ijkl mnop Thnx in advance. Regards, Sasidhar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mightysam
5 Replies

5. Programming

Adding a single char to a char pointer.

Hello, I'm trying to write a method which will return the extension of a file given the file's name, e.g. test.txt should return txt. I'm using C so am limited to char pointers and arrays. Here is the code as I have it: char* getext(char *file) { char *extension; int i, j;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallak7
5 Replies

6. Programming

concat const char * with char *

hello everybody! i have aproblem! i dont know how to concatenate const char* with char const char *buffer; char *b; sprintf(b,"result.txt"); strcat(buffer,b); thanx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
4 Replies

7. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Initialization error

new to shell scripting. below line is showing error in script. ${parameter:=word} in the o/p first it shows the below error. word: not found. and then in next line print "word" ---------------- p2: word: not found. word --------------------------- OS is AIX and shell is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
12 Replies

9. Programming

Invalid conversion from char* to char

Pointers are seeming to get the best of me and I get that error in my program. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define REPORTHEADING1 " Employee Pay Hours Gross Tax Net\n" #define REPORTHEADING2 " Name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Plum
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable initialization

Hallo Team, I have a simple request and i would appreciate your help. I would like to use two dates in my script lets: A=$(date +"%d %B %Y") echo $A 23 June 2014 That's awesome now we cooking. Now i want B to be on the previous month eg: echo $B Should give me 23 May 2014 I would... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
9 Replies
ESPEAK(1)						      General Commands Manual							 ESPEAK(1)

NAME
espeak - A multi-lingual software speech synthesizer. SYNOPSIS
espeak [options] [<words>] DESCRIPTION
espeak is a software speech synthesizer for English, and some other languages. OPTIONS
-h Show summary of options. -f <text file> Text file to speak --stdin Read text input from stdin instead of a file If neither -f nor --stdin, <words> are spoken, or if none then text is spoken from stdin, each line separately. -q Quiet, don't produce any speech (may be useful with -x) -a <integer> Amplitude, 0 to 20, default is 10 -l <integer> Line length. If not zero (which is the default), consider lines less than this length as and-of-clause -p <integer> Pitch adjustment, 0 to 99, default is 50 -s <integer> Speed in words per minute, default is 160 -v <voice name> Use voice file of this name from espeak-data/voices -b Input text encoding, 1=UTF8, 2=8 bit, 4=16 bit -b Input text encoding, 1=UTF8, 2=8 bit, 4=16 bit -m Indicates that the text contains SSML (Speech Synthesis Markup Language) tags or other XML tags. Those SSML tags which are supported are interpreted. Other tags, including HTML, are ignored, except that some HTML tags such as <hr> <h2> and <li> ensure a break in the speech. -w <wave file name> Write output to this WAV file, rather than speaking it directly -x Write phoneme mnemonics to stdout -X Write phonemes mnemonics and translation trace to stdout. If rules files have been built with --compile=debug, line numbers will also be displayed. --stdout Write speech output to stdout --compile=<voice name> Compile the pronunciation rules and dictionary in the current directory. =<voice name> is optional and specifies which language --path=<path> Specifies the directory containing the espeak-data directory --phonout=<filename> Write output from -x -X commands and mbrola phoneme data to this file --punct="<characters>" Speak the names of punctuation characters during speaking. If =<characters> is omitted, all punctuation is spoken. -k <integer> Indicate capital letters with: 1=sound, 2=the word "capitals", higher values = a pitch increase (try -k20). --voices[=<language code>] Lists the available voices. If =<language code> is present then only those voices which are suitable for that language are listed. --compile=voicename Compile the pronunciation rules and dictionary in the current directory. =<voice name> is optional and specifies which language --compile=debug Compile the pronunciation rules and dictionary in the current directory as above, but include line numbers, that get shown when -X is used. AUTHOR
eSpeak was written by Jonathan Duddington <jonsd@jsd.clara.co.uk>. The webpage for this package can be found at http://espeak.source- forge.net/. This manual page was written by Luke Yelavich <themuso@ubuntu.com>, for the Ubuntu project (but may be used by others). August 6, 2010 ESPEAK(1)