Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Char initialization
Top Forums Programming Char initialization Post 302291557 by Nagapandi on Thursday 26th of February 2009 02:31:19 AM
Old 02-26-2009
Char initialization

Hi All,

char a[5]="\0";

a) a[0] contains \0
a[1] contains garbage value

b) a[0] contains \
a[1] contains 0
a[2] contains garbage value

Pls, let me know correct result is a or b. I guess a.

Thanks,
NagaSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Struct Initialization

Hi We are using a code generator for initializing structures with the #define macro. Compiling it with the GCC 2.8.1 (with -ansi) it OK. But when we are using the SUN C 5.0 compiler it screams. Following is a code sample: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> typedef struct TEST3 {... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatsaka
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help regarding storing the initialization parameters

Hi all, In my shell script, I am reading some files, processing them, and writing the out-put in the log files. The out put contains number of rows in the file etc. I want to fetch the input files from a particular directory and I want to write the logs in a particular directory with a particular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VENC22
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell initialization files

As you know, when a user logs in, the shell reads the initialization files in an order something like below... ################### Bourne Shell /etc/profile > $HOME/.profile Bash Shell /etc/profile > $HOME/.bash_profile > $HOME/.bash_login > $HOME/.profile > $HOME/.bashrc C Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeanWuzHere
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace any char with newline char.

Hi, How to replace any character in a file with a newline character using sed .. Ex: To replace ',' with newline Input: abcd,efgh,ijkl,mnop Output: abcd efgh ijkl mnop Thnx in advance. Regards, Sasidhar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mightysam
5 Replies

5. Programming

Adding a single char to a char pointer.

Hello, I'm trying to write a method which will return the extension of a file given the file's name, e.g. test.txt should return txt. I'm using C so am limited to char pointers and arrays. Here is the code as I have it: char* getext(char *file) { char *extension; int i, j;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallak7
5 Replies

6. Programming

concat const char * with char *

hello everybody! i have aproblem! i dont know how to concatenate const char* with char const char *buffer; char *b; sprintf(b,"result.txt"); strcat(buffer,b); thanx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
4 Replies

7. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Initialization error

new to shell scripting. below line is showing error in script. ${parameter:=word} in the o/p first it shows the below error. word: not found. and then in next line print "word" ---------------- p2: word: not found. word --------------------------- OS is AIX and shell is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
12 Replies

9. Programming

Invalid conversion from char* to char

Pointers are seeming to get the best of me and I get that error in my program. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define REPORTHEADING1 " Employee Pay Hours Gross Tax Net\n" #define REPORTHEADING2 " Name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Plum
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable initialization

Hallo Team, I have a simple request and i would appreciate your help. I would like to use two dates in my script lets: A=$(date +"%d %B %Y") echo $A 23 June 2014 That's awesome now we cooking. Now i want B to be on the previous month eg: echo $B Should give me 23 May 2014 I would... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
9 Replies
BTRFS-IMAGE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    BTRFS-IMAGE(8)

NAME
btrfs-image - create/restore an image of the filesystem SYNOPSIS
btrfs-image [options] source target DESCRIPTION
btrfs-image is used to create an image of a btrfs filesystem. All data will be zeroed, but metadata and the like is preserved. source is the special file corresponding to the device containing a btrfs filesystem. (e.g /dev/sdXX). target is the image file that btrfs-image creates. When used with -r option, btrfs-image restores the image file from source into target. OPTIONS
-r restore metadump image. -c value compression level (0 ~ 9). -t value number of threads (1 ~ 32) to be used to process the image dump or restore. -o use the old restore method, this does not fixup the chunk tree so the restored file system will not be able to be mounted. -s Sanitize the file names when generating the image. One -s means just generate random garbage, which means that the directory indexes won't match up since the hashes won't match with the garbage filenames. Using -ss will calculate a collision for the filename so that the hashes match, and if it can't calculate a collision then it will just generate garbage. The collision calculator is very time and CPU intensive so only use it if you are having problems with your file system tree and need to have it mostly working. -w Walk all the trees manually and copy any blocks that are referenced. Use this option if your extent tree is corrupted to make sure that all of the metadata is captured. AVAILABILITY
btrfs-image is part of btrfs-progs. Btrfs is currently under heavy development, and not suitable for any uses other than benchmarking and review. Please refer to the btrfs wiki http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org for further details. SEE ALSO
btrfsck(8),mkfs.btrfs(8) BTRFS-IMAGE(8)