Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Doubt in Oracle connecting unix - Very urgent Post 302291554 by sivakumar.rj on Thursday 26th of February 2009 02:24:05 AM
Old 02-26-2009
I tried with 'NA' also. But when i give the input value as 'NA' it is not getting validated. Its returning the value as null.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix + oracle doubt....involving shell script

....does the dbms_output.put_line work inside unix shell script? i mean this is to be inside the sqlplus connection as follows!! sqlplus -s $UP <<EOJ .. .. .. dbms_output.put_line ('Insertion procedure failed for UPC BC : ' || wk_key_value || ' Sqlcode: ' || SQLCODE || ' Error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mexx_freedom
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

doubt???? urgent

How to embed a shell script into a C++ program...do kinbdly help me by giving an example.... Thanking you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vas_dba
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connecting to Oracle through unix shell scripts

Hi, Can some one help me in connecting to oracle through unix shell scripts with examples. Regards Narayana Gupta (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guptan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Doubt _ Urgent

Guys I have the file TEST.csv generated after a join of two different files with the same columns: key,string,data,number,key,string,data,number abc,test,020202,3,abc,test,010305,4 abc,level,070202,9,abc,tool,010203,7 def,tool,010101,7,,,, ghi,,,ghi,test,010203,8 I have to generate a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rafael.Buria
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle Database

if; sql="select username from dba_users where username = '$FromUser';" check_FromUser=`ExecSql "$sql"` I want to connect to Oracle database & check the users in the database, store the value in check_FromUser. First how to connect to Oracle database from the shell script ? Appreciate your... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with connecting sftp server(urgent please)

Hi all, I have command to connect gateway server iam in home directory/> ssh root@mrp-gateway root@mrp-gateway:/root> sftp -v msgGoogle@126.132.45.123 sftp/>dir upload --> folder sftp/upload/ls ------------- 8990.txt kittu.txt 8989.txt i have an requirement to print files list which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle by using ODBC on UNIX

Hi All, I have a requirement where I need to connect to Oracle database which is installed on WINDOWS machine. I dont have Oracle client installed on my AIX so i can't use SQLPLUS command. But ODBC to connect to Oracle is configured on my UNIX server. Can any one help me with the steps of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raamc
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to Unix server through Oracle

Hi, I need some help regarding oracle with unix script Actually i have a shell script and i want that it gets triggered through a oracle Db.I dont have any idea how is it done, even whether it is possible....pls help.....!!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fidelis
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need Connecting to Oracle DB from Unix

I have a table called CLARIFICATION in one of my schema in Oracle Data Base. I have to connect to oracle Data Base from Unix and compare the one of the column(Exec_Date) in CLARIFICATION table with Sysdate.If Exec_Date = Sysdate go head and run rest of the script otherwise exit out with out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeru
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clarify doubt ... plz Urgent

Hi friends, I am new to UNIX. I going to transfer files using SFTP. I am writing a script and using mget . If i am using mget * means, if all the files and their sub directories are transferred or not? If suppose , the local system dose not have the sub directory then what will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punitha
1 Replies
ETSF_IO(1)							   User Commands							ETSF_IO(1)

NAME
etsf_io - manual page for etsf_io SYNOPSIS
etsf_io [-h | -a action] [[-i file]...] [[-f flag]...] DESCRIPTION
[-o file] [arguments] Handle ETSF files, see --action option. -h --help : show this little help. -a --action value : give the action to perform. Possible action may be: * 'merge' to gather several files that have been splitted. * 'content' to get the name of specifications the file matches. * 'check' to check the validity of the file against specifications. -o --output-file file : give the path to the output ETSF file. -i --input-file file : give the path for an input file. This option can be used one or several times. -l --list : when action is check, it give the list of available flags.q -f --flag value : give a flag name (get valid names from -l option). Examples: Merge three files, etsf_io -a merge -i file1.nc -i file2.nc -i file3.nc -o output.nc Get the contents of file test.nc, etsf_io -a content test.nc Get the list of flags for validity checks, etsf_io -a check -l Checks with two flags, etsf_io -a check -f flag1 -f flag2 test.nc SEE ALSO
The full documentation for etsf_io is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and etsf_io programs are properly installed at your site, the command info etsf_io should give you access to the complete manual. etsf_io November 2011 ETSF_IO(1)