Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Password accepted but kicked out Post 302291549 by taran on Thursday 26th of February 2009 02:05:52 AM
Old 02-26-2009
which user? root?

user locked? cat /etc/shadow

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

MAILTO Not Accepted In Crontab

I have 3 solaris 9 servers 1 allows me to use MAILTO in the crontab, but the other 2 dont. Error MAILTO=oracle crontab: error on previous line; unexpected character found in line. crontab: errors detected in input, no crontab file generated. Any Ideas?? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raza
8 Replies

2. AIX

Users Are Getting Kicked out of 2Hr Sessions

:confused:We've had close to 100 calls about users logging into our AIX server. The users open up about 3 to 5 sessions in the server. After 2hrs of idle time, users are frozen or stuck in the IBM UniVerse Application. We (system administrators) have been blaming the application (which we'll take... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarccastik Dude
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Solution accepted

Is there any status like open/close or solution is accepted by the owner? This can make a lot of difference as we need not look for questions that have already been answered.(saves time). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhamacs
1 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password reset not being accepted

Why would a password reset, a provided numerical value thru email, not be accepted when trying to log in with it? I have expired the 5 login attempts twice with still no acceptance. thanks for the help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: W.A.C.
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick edit on accepted variable.

I am new newbie to unix. I am taking user input using ksh script. The valid value user can enter is a) Numeric 1 to 500 b) character e, r c) e1 to e100 I figured out how to deal with a) and b) but want to separate characters when user enter e1 to e100 I want to store e in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ekb
1 Replies

6. AIX

Users kicked out after changing their password in an ssh session

Hi I have experienced this for years and just put up with it. However a client of mine now wants to stop this happening to their users. I have scoured the internet but can find no reference to the problem. I tried switching to PAM authentication thinking this might help but it made no... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH weird acting: unquoted parameter accepted as quoted one !

In one session I have strange behavior of the bash-shell: SDX-Q> echo ">$ss<" #this is just to present the $ss var: > lll kkk < SDX-Q> # more obviose: SDX-Q> od -cb <<<"$ss" 0000000 l l l k k k \n 040 040 040 154 154 154 040... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script : value under 1 (0,0...) is accepted as 0?

Hi all,, I have this script ctr=$(( 1/1000 )) while do echo $ctr >> test.txt doneHowever, it puts 0 instead of 0.001 How can I put 0.001 in the text file? Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peuceul
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Users getting kicked out of sessions

We have an old (11.11) HP-UX system. A couple of months ago, our customers started having problems with their logins. After sitting idle for roughly an hour, their screens would lock up and they would be kicked out of the system. This happens if they are in the application or on the command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slkdnichols
2 Replies

10. Cybersecurity

Certificates accepted/rejected depending on what service I use...

Hey everyone. I was at my local star bucks, which has open free wifi. And I (against my better judgement) deceided to check my school email. I was using their wifi network. when I went to go login, I was presented with the safari prompt "Can not Verify Server identity". I clicked 'details' and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)