Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers DNS Configuration in Solaris 10 Post 302291520 by frozentin on Wednesday 25th of February 2009 11:54:43 PM
Old 02-26-2009
If I understand your question right, you need to edit the /etc/resolv.conf file.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

DNS configuration problem

Hi all, I am a beginner in DNS service and I face difficult when configure DNS sub domain using "bind" version 8. So I would like to ask a question about this and hope someone can answer my question. Is it possible to configure a sub domain in which the name of this sub domain is same as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raylai
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

proxy DNS configuration

i have the DNS and the web proxy services running on one of my sun machines....the funny thing is clients use the proxy server by addressing it with its IP address only....what i need is to assign it like...proxy.amu.edu.et...... my guess is the problem is the configuration with the DNS ...but i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: henokia4j
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

4. AIX

DNS configuration help

I'm trying to configure DNS on a AIX 5.4 machine and I just can't figure it out. The IBM guide doesn't work. Smit also doesn't work. I have no idea how to make this happen. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madavid0
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Dns configuration error in Redhat

Dear All I want to configure DNS in redhat linux. i am following these steps but when i restart the services it is showing status failed. Please any body can help me on urgent basis. #service named restart Stopping named: Starting named: ---------Edited in named.conf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahu.tapan
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS & DHCP configuration

Hi to all. Sorry for my bad english. For pure self-educational, not professional, purposes, I am studying how to configure a server with several services operating on it. For my experiment I'm using VirtualBox 3.1.4 on a WinXP host with 3 FreeBSD guests; one acts as a DHCP + DNS server; the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marboxer
0 Replies

7. AIX

DNS configuration on AIX 6.1

Hello All, I want to install ORACLE RAC on AIX 6.1. In the installation guide. the below two points were mentioned: Each node must have at least two network adapters or network interface cards (NICs): one for the public network interface, and one for the private network interface (the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beayni33
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS mail server configuration

Hello fellow unix dudes, I have a question on DNS. Basically the error is my domain.com server can not send email to my mail.domain.com server. I have a virtual server with one IP say 192.10.11.12 and a mail server with iP 172.4.5.6 When the virutal server on ip 192.10.11.12 was setup,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to configure DNS configuration for RHEL 5?

I wanted to know how to configure DNS configuration for RHEL 5. I hope, my query is clear of how to setup DNS for RHEL 5. Please revert with the reply to my query Regards (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
6 Replies
dnsextd(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						dnsextd(8)

NAME
dnsextd -- BIND Extension Daemon SYNOPSIS
dnsextd DESCRIPTION
dnsextd is a daemon invoked at boot time, running alongside BIND 9, to implement two EDNS0 extensions to the standard DNS protocol. dnsextd allows clients to perform DNS Updates with an attached lease lifetime, so that if the client crashes or is disconnected from the net- work, its address records will be automatically deleted after the lease expires. dnsextd allows clients to perform long-lived queries. Instead of rapidly polling the server to discover when information changes, long-lived queries enable a client to indicate its interest in some set of data, and then be notified asynchronously by the server whenever any of that data changes. dnsextd has no user-specifiable command-line argument, and users should not run dnsextd manually. SEE ALSO
mDNS(1) mDNSResponder(8) For information on Dynamic DNS Update, see RFC 2136 "Dynamic Updates in the Domain Name System (DNS UPDATE)" For information on Dynamic DNS Update Leases, see http://files.dns-sd.org/draft-dns-update-leases.txt For information on Long-Lived Queries, see http://files.dns-sd.org/draft-dns-llq.txt BUGS
dnsextd bugs are tracked in Apple Radar component "mDNSResponder". HISTORY
The dnsextd daemon first appeared in Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger). Darwin June 1, 2019 Darwin