Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Switch environments on a single unix server Post 302291486 by pmm on Wednesday 25th of February 2009 07:26:51 PM
Old 02-25-2009
or try using ssh with public/private keys assigned to tren213 and others as needed.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix environments to fiddle around with

I'm a newbie and I was wondering if there were any public unix environments on the internet I could telnet to and fiddle around with?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
1 Replies

2. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Unix environments for MS Windows

We often get questions about how to provide a Unix environment under Windows. Mircosoft has several OS's that collectively are called Windows. Most users are running a recent Microsoft OS with an NT kernel, usually Windows XP. The solutions in this thread may not work on very old Microsoft... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in switch case handling in UNIX

Hi, In below code, i am expecting the output has Bye Bye But i am getting has Bye Hi Code: #!/usr/bin/bash var="Hi" cat txt.txt | while read var1 do next="Bye" case $var in Hi) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balamani
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switch over from one UNIX system to another

Hi, I am new to UNIX shell script programming. I am using "putty" software to login remote UNIX system(123.com) . After login , i want to switch to another remote UNIX system (124.com) in same "putty" window. Could you Please let me know how to do and very thankful if anyone provide... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagadish.g
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Find Brocade SAN switch’s IP in Sun server?

We have a Sun M5000 connecting to a Brocade SAN switch. I don't know the IP of the Brocade switch and don't want to use its serial port to get the info. How can I find the IP of the Brocade switch under Solaris 10? Snoop is not supported by Solaris multipathing. What other tools can I use to find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with server switch shell script

I need a script to change server automatically after performing some operations. The command for changing server is ssh username@servername . Then a prompt comes to enter a password. Then i need to perform some opertaions on the other server. How can i do this in a script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pratikm23
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Switch off a Unix machine abruptly

Hi Folks, My UNIX machine is placed geographically in another location. I have a remote access towards it. I want to abruptly switch off my unix machine through remote connection. Is it possible through any UNIX commands? I practically want to power off a PC , something like unplugging a power... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjasper
12 Replies

8. Programming

Switch Technology from .NET to UNIX Shell

Hello friends, I started my career with VB.6.0 in 2007, In 2008 moved in VB.NET window application programming and then for web application programming with C#,ASP.NET with different databse like Oracle,MySQL and SQL Server.Currently I have 4.7 years experience in .NET application and worked... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit Verma
8 Replies

9. Linux

Switch Desktop Environments via Terminal

Hi All, Does anyone know if it's possible to switch desktop environments via the terminal? I'm writing a script to install Cinnamon on Ubuntu and I would then like to remove unity but at the moment I have to ask the user to log out, log in with cinnamon and then continue the script to remove... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maerlyngb
1 Replies
ssh-keysign(1M) 														   ssh-keysign(1M)

NAME
ssh-keysign - ssh helper program for host-based authentication SYNOPSIS
ssh-keysign ssh-keysign is used by ssh(1) to access the local host keys and generate the digital signature required during host-based authentication with SSH protocol version 2. This signature is of data that includes, among other items, the name of the client host and the name of the client user. ssh-keysign is disabled by default and can be enabled only in the global client configuration file /etc/ssh/ssh_config by setting Host- basedAuthentication to yes. ssh-keysign is not intended to be invoked by the user, but from ssh. See ssh(1) and sshd(1M) for more information about host-based authen- tication. /etc/ssh/ssh_config Controls whether ssh-keysign is enabled. /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key These files contain the private parts of the host keys used to generate the digital signature. They should be owned by root, readable only by root, and not accessible to others. Because they are readable only by root, ssh-keysign must be set-uid root if host-based authentication is used. ssh-keysign will not sign host-based authentication data under the following conditions: o If the HostbasedAuthentication client configuration parameter is not set to yes in /etc/ssh/ssh_config. This setting cannot be overri- den in users' ~/.ssh/ssh_config files. o If the client hostname and username in /etc/ssh/ssh_config do not match the canonical hostname of the client where ssh-keysign is invoked and the name of the user invoking ssh-keysign. In spite of ssh-keysign's restrictions on the contents of the host-based authentication data, there remains the ability of users to use it as an avenue for obtaining the client's private host keys. For this reason host-based authentication is turned off by default. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsshu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ssh(1), sshd(1M), ssh_config(4), attributes(5) AUTHORS
Markus Friedl, markus@openbsd.org HISTORY
ssh-keysign first appeared in Ox 3.2. 9 Jun 2004 ssh-keysign(1M)