Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SFTP password automation
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SFTP password automation Post 302291381 by Tom de on Wednesday 25th of February 2009 01:17:42 PM
Old 02-25-2009
Try "shared-keys", much more secure.

Tom de

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

automation script for password reset

Hi, Is there any way to automate the reset of passwords.I mean can we write some scripts and do it. Would be great if anybody can help in this regards. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakyaj
9 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Password Automation pros/cons

folks, I have a security related question, to all you. Please share your comments with me. I have a situation where i was asked to automate the password in my application, which expires every 6 months. In this case i need to generate a random password and set the password on some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharma
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with user password automation

Hello, I need some assistance in trying to figure out the best way to automate user account password resets. The environment is a mix of 2000 HP-ux, aix, linux, and sunos boxes. The security specs are to reset pw's every 90 days. Most boxes are only accessible from within a current ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deviousdoses
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP automation with password/passphrase

Hi All, We have a special requirement from our client, we need to automate one of the sftp job with password authentication. I know sftp can be automated with Key authentication, but this is not what I am looking for. Can some body help me, a method like .netrc in FTP automation or like sftp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

password - SFTP

Hi team, I know if we need to transfer the files between between 2 servser, we use SFTP through key setup between 2 server. currently There are some problems and we are not able to setup keys between servers. How can i use password with SFTP for temporary solutions, so that the file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

password automation

i am doing automation of report in unix. i am copying files from different server using scp command.. if i use scp its asking for password for copying files..is there any way to automate this password issue.. can anyone help me out??? tahnks in advance, Arun Manas (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Yet another sftp automation question

Hello, I've read quite a few of the sftp questions and answers on the forum but I believe my situation is slightly different. I need to automate an sftp transfer to a host that requires not only a ssh publickey, but also a password. When I try using sftp in batch mode, supplying a "user... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: n3llyb0y
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp automation script not working

Hi all , can any one tell me how to code SFTP automation script ? I searched lots of forums but i didn't get any useful information:( I don't want auto Login script > like if u run the script it should automatically login into specific account and etc.. Just i want the following things... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravan008
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation SCRIPT to reset the password in PERL

Hi All, We have many number of users.Some times we will receive mail from them like , the below USER password got expired and they are requesting us to change the password and send it back to them in a mail. there we are giving Expiray date again. We are doing this process manually. I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP prompting for password even though password is in script

Hi All, I am trying to transfer a file from one server to a remote server using SFTP. Client is not ready for key setup. I am working on Solaris 10. Here is the code. #!/bin/ksh # sample automatic Sftp script to dump a file USER="user1" PASSWORD="pass1" HOST="host1" sftp $USER@$HOST... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
6 Replies
ike.preshared(4)						   File Formats 						  ike.preshared(4)

NAME
ike.preshared - pre-shared keys file for IKE SYNOPSIS
/etc/inet/secret/ike.preshared DESCRIPTION
The /etc/inet/secret/ike.preshared file contains secret keying material that two IKE instances can use to authenticate each other. Because of the sensitive nature of this data, it is kept in the /etc/inet/secret directory, which is only accessible by root. Pre-shared keys are delimited by open-curly-brace ({) and close-curly-brace (}) characters. There are five name-value pairs required inside a pre-shared key: Name Value Example localidtype IP localidtype IP remoteidtype IP remoteidtype IP localid IP-address localid 10.1.1.2 remoteid IP-address remoteid 10.1.1.3 key hex-string 1234567890abcdef Comment lines with # appearing in the first column are also legal. Files in this format can also be used by the ikeadm(1M) command to load additional pre-shared keys into a running an in.iked(1M) process. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A Sample ike.preshared File The following is an example of an ike.preshared file: # # Two pre-shared keys between myself, 10.1.1.2, and two remote # hosts. Note that names are not allowed for IP addresses. # # A decent hex string can be obtained by performing: # od -x </dev/random | head # { localidtype IP localid 10.1.1.2 remoteidtype IP remoteid 10.21.12.4 key 4b656265207761732068657265210c0a } { localidtype IP localid 10.1.1.2 remoteidtype IP remoteid 10.9.1.25 key 536f20776572652042696c6c2c2052656e65652c20616e642043687269732e0a } SECURITY
If this file is compromised, all IPsec security associations derived from secrets in this file will be compromised as well. The default permissions on ike.preshared are 0600. They should stay this way. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
od(1), ikeadm(1M), in.iked(1M), ipseckey(1M), attributes(5), random(7D) SunOS 5.10 15 Oct 2001 ike.preshared(4)