Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read File and use contents to rename another Post 302291341 by Shark Tek on Wednesday 25th of February 2009 12:07:40 PM
Old 02-25-2009
I don't have to python on the machine and to have it I have to do a request that will take a very long time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read the contents of a file using PERL

Hi My requirement is to read the contents of a fixed length file and validate the same. But am not able to read the contents of the file and when i tried it to print i get <blank> as an output... I used the below satatements for printing the contents ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meva
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read contents from a file

Hi Friends, I am new to this forum. Just struck up with a logic. I have a csv file seperated by ":" (colons). This csv file contains hostname and groups as follows: HOSTNAME:VT Group SGSGCT2AVPX001:Team1 SGSGCT2AVPX003:Team2 SGSGCT2AVPX005:Team2 PHMNCTTAVPX001:Team3 I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read contents of a file into variable :(

My file is in this format : username : student information : default shell : student ID Eg : joeb:Joe Bennett:/bin/csh:1234 jerryd:Jerry Daniels:/bin/csh:2345 deaverm: Deaver Michelle:/bin/bash:4356 joseyg:Josey Guerra:/bin/bash:8767 michaelh:Michael Hall:/bin/ksh:1547 I have to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dude_me5
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read contents of file?

I have made a script something like this. I want it to read the contents of either file or directory but 'cat' and 'ls' is not working. Can anyone help me? I am a newbie in scripting so dont know much about it. I also dont know how can i put my code separatly on this forum #!/bin/bash echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishrestha
9 Replies

5. Programming

read() contents from a file

Hi, I'm trying to implement a C program on ubuntu which reads the contents of a file that is passed in as an argument and then displays it to the screen. So far I've cobbled together this from bits online but most of it is probably wrong as its all copied and pasted... #include <stdio.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cylus99
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

read contents of a file using AWK

Hi, I am kind of new at awk programming, so any help would be great ! I am trying to read a date from a file into a variable and a count into another variable and display both these variables. The file looks like the attached file... I tried this but it doesn't work ... ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RDR
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace partial contents of file with contents read from other file

Hi, I am facing issue while reading data from a file in UNIX. my requirement is to compare two files and for the text pattern matching in the 1st file, replace the contents in second file by the contents of first file from start to the end and write the contents to thrid file. i am able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seeki
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read contents in each file and rename the file?

Hello All, Can you help me in writing a script for reading the specific position data in a file and if that data found in that file that particular file should be renamed. Ex: Folder : C:\\test and Filename : CLSACK_112214.txt,CLSACK_112314.txt,CLSACK_112414.txt Contents in the file would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanduedi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove or rename based on contents of file

I am trying to use the two files shown below to either remove or rename contents in one of those files. If in file1.txt $5 matches $5 of file2.txt and the value in $1 of file1.txt is not "No Match" then that value is substituted for all values in $5 and $1 of file2.txt. If however in $1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Rename file in directory using contents within each file

In the below there are two generic .vcf files (genome.S1.vcf and genome.S2.vcf) in a directory. There wont always be two genaric files but I am trying to use bash to rename each of these generic files with specfic text (unique identifier) within in each .vcf. The text will always be different, but... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
11 Replies
PYTHON-COVERAGE(1)					      General Commands Manual						PYTHON-COVERAGE(1)

NAME
python-coverage - measure code coverage of Python program execution SYNOPSIS
python-coverage -x module.py [ARG...] python-coverage -e python-coverage -r [-m] python-coverage -a [file...] DESCRIPTION
python-coverage executes a Python program and measures which of its statements are executed and which are not. It stores the information in the file .coverage in the current working directory. OPTIONS
-e Erase the .coverage file. -x Execute a Python module, giving it the remaining command line arguments. -r Produce a coverage report. -m With -r, show the line numbers that were missed by the execution. -a Annotate source files. For each source file foo, produce foo,cover, with executed lines prefixed by ">" and non-executed by "!". --help Produce a help summary. It might be more helpful than this manual page. AUTHOR
The python-coverage command is a one-line Python script which calls the coverage.py Python module to do all the work. The module was rigi- nally developed by Gareth Rees, and is now developed by Ned Batchelder. The module's home page is http://www.nedbatchelder.com/code/modules/coverage.html. This manual page was cobbled together by Lars Wirzenius for Debian, by copy-pasting from the help texts from the module. PYTHON-COVERAGE(1)