Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk Comparison of 2 specific files Post 302291339 by hhoosscchhii on Wednesday 25th of February 2009 12:04:56 PM
Old 02-25-2009
Please, does anybody have an idea?

I wouldn't ask if I wouldn't have tried it first myself.

Thanks,

SebastianSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Comparison between two files using awk

I have two files with field seperator as "~". File A: 12~13~14~15 File B: 22~22~32~11 i want to calculate the difference between two files and than calculate the percentage difference and output it to a new file. How do i do this using awk. Also please suggest GOOD awk tutorials. Thank... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison of two files in awk

Hi, I have two files file1 and file2 delimited by semicolon, And I want to compare column 2 and column3 of file1 to column3 and column 4 in file2. file1 -------- abc;cef;155.67;143_34; def;fgh;146.55;123.3; frg;hff;134.67;; yyy;fgh;134.78;35_45; file 2 --------- abc;cef;155.09;;... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore some lines with specific words from file comparison

Hi all, I need help in doing this scenario. I have two files with multiple lines. I want to compare these two files but ignoring the lines which have words like Tran, Loc, Addr, Charge. Also if i have a word Credit in line, i want to tokenize (i.e string after character " ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison and editing of files using awk.(And also a possible bug in awk for loop?)

I have two files which I would like to compare and then manipulate in a way. File1: pictures.txt 1.1 1.3 dance.txt 1.2 1.4 treehouse.txt 1.3 1.5 File2: pictures.txt 1.5 ref2313 1.4 ref2345 1.3 ref5432 1.2 ref4244 dance.txt 1.6 ref2342 1.5 ref2352 1.4 ref0695 1.3 ref5738 1.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

df -> output files; comparison using awk or...

:wall: I am trying to do the following using awk (is that the best way?): Read 2 files created from the output of df (say, on different days) and compare the entries using the 1st (FileSys) and 6th (Mount) fields to see if the size has changed. Output (at least), to a new file (some header... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: renata
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparison of 2 files using unix or awk

Hello, I have 2 files and I want them to be compared in a specific fashion file1: A_1200_1250 A_1251_1300 B_1301_1350 B_1351_1400 B_1401_1450 C_1451_1500 and so on... file2: 1210 1305 1260 1295 1400 1500 1450 1495 Now The script should look for "1200" from A_1200_1250 of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed to find specific column from different files

Hi everybody, I have a folder with many files: Files with 8 columns: X 123 A B C D E F And files with 7 columns: X1234 A B C D E F I am trying to find a way to extract the 5th column when the files have eight columns, or the 4th column when the files have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tzole
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Replacement using 2 diff files input and comparison

Requirement: If $5(date field) in ipfile is less than $7(date field) in deact file & $1 of ipfile is present in deactfile then $1 to be replaced by $2,$3,$4,$5,$6 of deact file else if $5(date field) in ipfile is greater than $7(date field) in actfile & $1 of ipfile is present in actfile then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - 2 files comparison without for loop - multi-line issue

Greetings Experts, I need to handle the views created over monthly retention tables for which every new table in YYYYMMDD format, there is equivalent view created and the older table which might be dropped, the view over it has to be re-created over a dummy table so that it doesn't fail.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk comparison using multiple files

Hi, I have 2 files, I need to use column of file1 and do a comparison on file2 column 1 and print the mismatch is file3 as mentioned below. Kindly consider that file 1 is having uniq key(column) whereas in file2 we have multiple duplicates (like 44). These duplicates should not come in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grv
2 Replies
mailto-hebrew(1)					      General Commands Manual						  mailto-hebrew(1)

NAME
mailto-hebrew - Run the mailto program to send Hebrew/English mail SYNOPSIS
mailto-hebrew mailto-arguments DESCRIPTION
The mailto-hebrew program will start an xterm using the appropriate font in order to send mail in mixed Hebrew and English. All comand line options will be passed on to the mailto program. SEE ALSO
mailto(1), shownonascii(1) BUGS
This is such a tiny program it might actually be bug-free, but I wouldn't bet on it. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1991 Bell Communications Research, Inc. (Bellcore) Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this material for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies, and that the name of Bellcore not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to this material without the specific, prior written permission of an authorized representative of Bellcore. BELLCORE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR SUITABILITY OF THIS MATERIAL FOR ANY PURPOSE. IT IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. AUTHOR
Nathaniel S. Borenstein, Bellcore Release 1 mailto-hebrew(1)