Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cron job to delete files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cron job to delete files Post 302291320 by ShawnMilo on Wednesday 25th of February 2009 11:18:38 AM
Old 02-25-2009
Code:
find folder1 folder2 folder3 -mmin -60 -exec rm -f {} \;

Something like this should do what you want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

CRON-Job / Shell-Skript deleting special files

Just I'm trying to find script, which will do the following job: 1. as a CRON-Job it shoult a) delete files which will be either older than 24 hours or b) all files within a) a directory deleting recursive b) only a special directory. 2. write an error-/Delete_log... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ManfredWL
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON. How to delete files within a directory

I'd like to delete ALL files on a daily basis within a directory that are over a day old. Anyone know how I can automate this through Cron as I have 146 websites to administer. I've tried... 30 02 * * * /home/myspace/tmp/webalizer -atime + 1\! -type d -exec rm -f {} \; but all i get is an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: southoxon
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Batch job to delete files from various directories

Hi, I have a shell script to find files older than 'X' days ($2) in directory path ($1) and delete them. Like this: my_file_remover.sh /usr/home/c 90 Now, I need to modify this script and add it in CRON, so that it checks other directories also. Like: my_file_remover.sh /usr/home/c... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron Job Config files

Hi All, I have created 2 shell scripts and set Cron jobs which runs it at various frequencies.The first one which runs every 2 minutes Monday to Friday and another cron job runs at 11PM on the last Sunday of every month. I have given the cron job entries below. Was wondering whether instead... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: valluvan
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files before a job is submitted to queue

Hello all. I need some help modifying the following script: #!/bin/bash #PBS -l nodes=1:ppn=8,walltime=48:00:00,os=centos53computeA ## To submit type: qsub x.sh # If not an interactive job (i.e. -I), then cd into the directory where # I typed qsub. if ; then if ; then cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that will be a cron job to export rrd files for cacti server

I wrote a quick little script that will eventually end up as a cron job to export rrd files for my cacti server. Here is the script: #!/bin/bash rm -rf /backup/cacti_xml/* cd /var/www/html/rra ls -1 *.rrd | awk '{print "rrdtool dump "$1" > /backup/cacti_xml/"$1".xml"}' | sh -x Is there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheBigAmbulance
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron job to extact lines from files to another file and ftp to new server

i have a text file in this format: which creates a new one everyday in the form of filename _zing__r200_2012_8_10_log.txt Fri Aug 10 07:29:17 EDT 2012, usera(192.168.0.245) to anotheruser: hey top, this is a private test Fri Aug 10 07:29:28 EDT 2012, anotheruser(192.168.0.245) to usera: got... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkkid
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commented cron job -- cron monitoring

Hi I have a requirement to write a shell script,that will check the all commented job in cron job.Please help !! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job - Need to run Cron every quarter at particular time

Hi, 1) If some job supposed to run on 1st of every month at 7 AM In cron job when we have a blackout on the 1st ( i.e when 1st falls on a sunday ) how can we make the job run the next business day? 2) How can we run a job on 25th of every quarter 7 AM(jan,apr,jul,oct) And if 25th... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job that checks for new/recent files

I'm new to shell scripting, and I want to set up a cron job that scans the date/time stamp of all files in a directory, and then if any file is, say, less than 10 minutes old, I want it to execute a command on that file. What would be the best way to go about this? Thanks. Not sure if it makes a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DavidHoffman
1 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)