Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cron job to delete files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cron job to delete files Post 302291320 by ShawnMilo on Wednesday 25th of February 2009 11:18:38 AM
Old 02-25-2009
Code:
find folder1 folder2 folder3 -mmin -60 -exec rm -f {} \;

Something like this should do what you want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

CRON-Job / Shell-Skript deleting special files

Just I'm trying to find script, which will do the following job: 1. as a CRON-Job it shoult a) delete files which will be either older than 24 hours or b) all files within a) a directory deleting recursive b) only a special directory. 2. write an error-/Delete_log... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ManfredWL
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON. How to delete files within a directory

I'd like to delete ALL files on a daily basis within a directory that are over a day old. Anyone know how I can automate this through Cron as I have 146 websites to administer. I've tried... 30 02 * * * /home/myspace/tmp/webalizer -atime + 1\! -type d -exec rm -f {} \; but all i get is an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: southoxon
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Batch job to delete files from various directories

Hi, I have a shell script to find files older than 'X' days ($2) in directory path ($1) and delete them. Like this: my_file_remover.sh /usr/home/c 90 Now, I need to modify this script and add it in CRON, so that it checks other directories also. Like: my_file_remover.sh /usr/home/c... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron Job Config files

Hi All, I have created 2 shell scripts and set Cron jobs which runs it at various frequencies.The first one which runs every 2 minutes Monday to Friday and another cron job runs at 11PM on the last Sunday of every month. I have given the cron job entries below. Was wondering whether instead... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: valluvan
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files before a job is submitted to queue

Hello all. I need some help modifying the following script: #!/bin/bash #PBS -l nodes=1:ppn=8,walltime=48:00:00,os=centos53computeA ## To submit type: qsub x.sh # If not an interactive job (i.e. -I), then cd into the directory where # I typed qsub. if ; then if ; then cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that will be a cron job to export rrd files for cacti server

I wrote a quick little script that will eventually end up as a cron job to export rrd files for my cacti server. Here is the script: #!/bin/bash rm -rf /backup/cacti_xml/* cd /var/www/html/rra ls -1 *.rrd | awk '{print "rrdtool dump "$1" > /backup/cacti_xml/"$1".xml"}' | sh -x Is there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheBigAmbulance
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron job to extact lines from files to another file and ftp to new server

i have a text file in this format: which creates a new one everyday in the form of filename _zing__r200_2012_8_10_log.txt Fri Aug 10 07:29:17 EDT 2012, usera(192.168.0.245) to anotheruser: hey top, this is a private test Fri Aug 10 07:29:28 EDT 2012, anotheruser(192.168.0.245) to usera: got... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkkid
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commented cron job -- cron monitoring

Hi I have a requirement to write a shell script,that will check the all commented job in cron job.Please help !! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job - Need to run Cron every quarter at particular time

Hi, 1) If some job supposed to run on 1st of every month at 7 AM In cron job when we have a blackout on the 1st ( i.e when 1st falls on a sunday ) how can we make the job run the next business day? 2) How can we run a job on 25th of every quarter 7 AM(jan,apr,jul,oct) And if 25th... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job that checks for new/recent files

I'm new to shell scripting, and I want to set up a cron job that scans the date/time stamp of all files in a directory, and then if any file is, say, less than 10 minutes old, I want it to execute a command on that file. What would be the best way to go about this? Thanks. Not sure if it makes a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DavidHoffman
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)