Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX NIS Client to Linux
Operating Systems AIX AIX NIS Client to Linux Post 302291150 by aloneattack on Tuesday 24th of February 2009 09:57:23 PM
Old 02-24-2009
It's still my big problem Smilie
Only some old accounts could login, except the others.

Last edited by aloneattack; 02-24-2009 at 11:04 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unregietred a nis+ client

Hi, How can I unregistered a nis+ client. I want it works without nis+. Bests regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omainfroy
2 Replies

2. AIX

Use AIX as NIS client

Hi everyone. Has anyone here used AIX as a NIS client to a Linux server? If have configured this setup and cant get it to work. I have verifyed that the NIS server is working since other machines are able to connect to it and users to log in on other clients. On the AIX machine the users are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprellari
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX NIS client

All, I have just started using AIX (Solaris admin here) and I need to setup my new AIX box as an NIS client. Where would I do this? Thanks for the help! -Kevin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to configure a NIS client bound to the NIS server in another subnet?

Hi, all. I have a Solaris client here needs to bind to NIS server in another subnet. Following is the configuration i made on the client, 1) edit /etc/inet/hosts to add an entry of the NIS server -- nserver01 2) execute `domainname` to set local NIS domain to the domain of the NIS server.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sn_wukong
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux NIS sever not binding with Solaris client

I am installing a NIS master server with a linux SLES 10 SP1. And it was pretty straight forward. (Simple since it GUI ) The server can bind to itself when issue with ypwhich command. But on solaris 10 box, I set up the defaultdomain (/etc/defaultdomain) and also issue ypinit -c to startup the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibroxy
3 Replies

6. AIX

Aix 5.3 NIS Client from a Suse10 sever

Hello Guys, Unfortunately after look for it on entire www I did not find anyone that have made a tutorial how to make it works. I'm using an AIX 5.3 as a nis client from a SUSE 1.0 server. I can see the maps - ypcat passwd (so I can Bind server) and I can su NIS users. BUT I CAN... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: michelan
0 Replies

7. AIX

can not mount from aix client to linux nfs server

Hi, I am trying to mount a nfs folder from AIX client to Linux NFS Server, but I got the following error: # mount 128.127.11.121:/aix /to_be_del mount: 1831-010 server 128.127.11.121 not responding: RPC: 1832-018 Port mapper failure - RPC: 1832-008 Timed out mount: retrying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with NIS client

Hi All, I have a new server on the network, I did configure the NIS. ypwhich is working and ypcat all are working. But when I log in as me, home directory is not coming up. I looked at other servers we have at work to see what's under /etc/fstab. I don't see anything for home directory. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

9. AIX

AIX LDAP client authenticate against Linux Openldap server over TLS/SSL

Hi folks, How can i configure an AIX LDAP client to authenticate against an Linux Openldap server over TLS/SSL? It works like a charm without TLS/SSL. i would like to have SSL encrypted communication for ldap (secldapclntd) and ldapsearch etc. while accepting every kind of certificate/CA.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: paco699
6 Replies

10. Solaris

User authentication failed while log in Solaris 8 client on Linux NIS server.

Based on the NIS migration tests I did and another question I posted earlier on. https://www.unix.com/solaris/272021-solaris-8-md5-encryption-support.html I tried to downgrade NIS linux encryption to DES to support solaris connection. So I modified /etc/pam.d/system-auth as below, password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bestard
0 Replies
FAILLOG(8)						      System Manager's Manual							FAILLOG(8)

NAME
faillog - examine faillog and set login failure limits SYNOPSIS
faillog [-u login-name] [-a] [-t days] [-m max] [-pr] DESCRIPTION
faillog formats the contents of the failure log, /var/log/faillog, and maintains failure counts and limits. The order of the arguments to faillog is significant. Each argument is processed immediately in the order given. The -p flag causes failure entries to be printed in UID order. Entering -u login-name flag will cause the failure record for login-name only to be printed. Entering -t days will cause only the failures more recent than days to be printed. The -t flag overrides the use of -u. The -a flag causes all users to be selected. When used with the -p flag, this option selects all users who have ever had a login failure. It is meaningless with the -r flag. The -r flag is used to reset the count of login failures. Write access to /var/log/faillog is required for this option. Entering -u login-name will cause only the failure count for login-name to be reset. The -m flag is used to set the maximum number of login failures before the account is disabled. Write access to /var/log/faillog is required for this option. Entering -m max will cause all accounts to be disabled after max failed logins occur. This may be modified with -u login-name to limit this function to login-name only. Selecting a max value of 0 has the effect of not placing a limit on the number of failed logins. The maximum failure count should always be 0 for root to prevent a denial of services attack against the system. Options may be combined in virtually any fashion. Each -p, -r, and -m option will cause immediate execution using any -u or -t modifier. CAVEATS
faillog only prints out users with no successful login since the last failure. To print out a user who has had a successful login since their last failure, you must explicitly request the user with the -u flag, or print out all users with the -a flag. Some systems may replace /var/log with /var/adm or /usr/adm. FILES
/var/log/faillog - failure logging file SEE ALSO
login(1), faillog(5) AUTHOR
Julianne Frances Haugh (jockgrrl@ix.netcom.com) FAILLOG(8)