Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Normalize a dataset with AWK
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Normalize a dataset with AWK Post 302291138 by [raven] on Tuesday 24th of February 2009 07:36:35 PM
Old 02-24-2009
Normalize a dataset with AWK

Hello everyone,
i have to normalize this dataset (with 20.000 rows):

in this form: value=($1*mean)/standard_deviation but i cant figure out how to normalize it.

I write this file to calculate the standard distribution and mean.
Code:
BEGIN{
FS=","
}
{
for(i=1;i<NF;i++)
    {
        total[i]+=$i;
        totalSquared[i]+=$i^2;
    }
numberColumn=NF;
}
END{
for (i=1;i<numberColumn;i++)
    {
        media=total[i]/NR;
        printf("%.2f|%.2f\n",media,sqrt((totalSquared[i]/NR)-media^2));
    }
}

Can anyone help me to figure out?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Mainframe Dataset

Hi May I know is there a way to read/copy a mainframe (IBM OS/390) dataset (sequential file) into a UNIX directory? Thank you for your time. IcyGuava (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: IcyGuava
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbers of records in SAS dataset

I'm declaring a variable within a Korn shell to represent the total number of records in a SAS dataset and could use a little help with the syntax. This is what I have thus far: #!/usr/bin/ksh RecCount = `sas -x "select count(*) from /users/abc/123/sas_dataset.sas7bdat"` (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasaliasim
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Computing dataset for a specific record

Hello everybody, I want to compute a data file in awk. I am new in awk and I need your help. The data file has the following fields. It has thousands of records. Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 Col5 0.85 0.07 Fre 42:86 25 0.73 0.03 frp 21:10 28 0.64... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ubeejani
12 Replies

4. Programming

Dataset Library for C?

I am looking for an opensource dataset library for C. Something equivalent to ADO.Net. Specifically, I am looking for the following features: 1. Create a Dataset from a file (XML or CSV). 2. Create a Dataset from a select query using an ODBC connection. 3. Load a created Dataset into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a_programmer
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Normalize Data and write to a flat file

All, Can anyone please help me with the below scenario. I have a Flat file of the below format. ID|Name|Level|Type|Zip|MAD|Risk|Band|Salesl|Dealer|CID|AType|CValue|LV|HV|DCode|TR|DU|NStartDate|UserRole|WFlag|EOption|PName|NActivationDate|Os|Orig|Cus|OType|ORequired|DType 03|... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sp999
10 Replies

6. Solaris

flarecreate for zfs root dataset and ignore multiple dataset

Hi All, I want to write a script to create flar images on multiple servers. In non zfs filesystem I am using -X option to refer a file to exclude mounts on different servers. but on ZFS -X option is not working. I want multiple mounts to be ignore on ZFS base system during flarecreate. I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxravi
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert a column inside a dataset with awk?

Hello folks I have a file called fill1.txt which contains: 1 2 2 1 1 2 1 2 my other file is called fill2.txt which contains: 1 2 1 2 2 2 1 2 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 1 1 2 2 1 1 2 1 1 1 2 2 2 1 2 2 1 Now, I am looking for a awk command which could insert fill1.txt between... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajmar
1 Replies

8. Programming

Need sql query to string split and normalize data

Hello gurus, I have data in one of the oracle tables as as below: Column 1 Column 2 1 NY,NJ,CA 2 US,UK, 3 AS,EU,NA fyi, Column 2 above has data delimited with a comma as shown. I need a sql query the produce the below output in two columns... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: calredd
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SAS dataset to CSV

Hi Guys, Is there a way to export a sas file i.e .sas7bdat file to .csv file with header and data using unix. I dont want to use SAS program instead using unix tool or unix scripting is it possible ? (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
25 Replies
hdf_obj_child(3)						  util/neo_hdf.h						  hdf_obj_child(3)

NAME
hdf_obj_child - Return the first child of a dataset node SYNOPSIS
#include <util/neo_hdf.h> HDF* hdf_obj_child (HDF *hdf); ARGUMENTS
hdf -> the hdf dataset node DESCRIPTION
hdf_obj_child and the other hdf_obj_ functions are accessors to the HDF dataset. Although we do not currently "hide" the HDF struct imple- mentation, we recommend you use the accessor functions instead of accessing the values directly. RETURN VALUE
None SEE ALSO
hdf_set_symlink(3), hdf_get_valuef(3), compareFunc)(3), hdf_dump_str(3), hdf_get_int_value(3), hdf_read_string_ignore(3), hdf_copy(3), hdf_get_node(3), hdf_set_value(3), hdf_obj_child(3), hdf_read_string(3), hdf_set_buf(3), hdf_register_fileload(3), hdf_get_obj(3), hdf_get_attr(3), hdf_obj_top(3), hdf_dump_format(3), hdf_destroy(3), hdf_init(3), hdf_obj_value(3), hdf_write_string(3), hdf_set_val- uevf(3), hdf_sort_obj(3), hdf_write_file_atomic(3), hdf_obj_attr(3), hdf_set_valuef(3), hdf_get_copy(3), hdf_write_file(3), hdf_get_val- uevf(3), hdf_set_int_value(3), hdf_dump(3), hdf_get_value(3), hdf_set_copy(3), hdf_obj_next(3), hdf_search_path(3), hdf_obj_name(3), hdf_set_attr(3), hdf_get_child(3), hdf_remove_tree ClearSilver 12 July 2007 hdf_obj_child(3)