Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: removable usb flash drive
Operating Systems Solaris removable usb flash drive Post 302291126 by seyiisq on Tuesday 24th of February 2009 06:59:27 PM
Old 02-24-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlliagre
What say "df -k", "mount | grep c2t0d0p0" and "fuser /rmdisk" ?
Thanks for your response. pls see below for your request above

Code:
# df -k
Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
/dev/dsk/c1d0s0      15141312 2365450 12624449    16%    /
/devices                   0       0       0     0%    /devices
ctfs                       0       0       0     0%    /system/contract
proc                       0       0       0     0%    /proc
mnttab                     0       0       0     0%    /etc/mnttab
swap                 2603344     928 2602416     1%    /etc/svc/volatile
objfs                      0       0       0     0%    /system/object
sharefs                    0       0       0     0%    /etc/dfs/sharetab
/dev/dsk/c1d0s6      4034061 2607672 1386049    66%    /usr
/usr/lib/libc/libc_hwcap1.so.1
                     4034061 2607672 1386049    66%    /lib/libc.so.1
fd                         0       0       0     0%    /dev/fd
/dev/dsk/c1d0s4      4034061 1734773 2258948    44%    /var
swap                 2602496      80 2602416     1%    /tmp
swap                 2602440      24 2602416     1%    /var/run
/dev/dsk/c1d0s5      76514035 4014550 71734345     6%    /u01
/dev/dsk/c1d0s7      151287721 1875036 147899808     2%    /export/home

Code:
# mount | grep c2t0d0p0
#

This has no result

Code:
# fuser /rmdisk
/rmdisk:

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

USB flash Drive

Hello all.. I have a Verbatim 2 GB flash drive. I also have Solaris 10 running on my workstation. If I am in the Windows environment, it detects the flash drive. But when I plug it while I am in solaris, nothing happens. How will solaris 10 detect my flash drive? What do I have to do? any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr76413
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB flash drive is not mounting what to do...?

hello forum.. i am using RHEL 4.0 and my system is dual boot.normally the usb flash drive should be auto mount , but in my system i am unable to mount the drive plz help... i am a new user so plz give me in detail. thank u in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoranjan
5 Replies

3. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does HPUX 10.2 or 11.i support any USB flash drive?

Where can I get a driver that support usb flash drives for my unix machines. I need a solution to transfer data easily for techs. I am running C3750 and c8000 HP equipment. Or is there a way to mount them and use them without adding drivers? thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkend12
0 Replies

5. Solaris

removable flash drive

I have a removable usb flash drive which is visible below as no. 2 # rmformat Looking for devices... 1. Volmgt Node: /vol/dev/aliases/cdrom0 Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s2 Physical Node: /pci@0,0/pci-ide@1f,1/ide@0/sd@0,0 Connected Device: HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
4 Replies

6. Ubuntu

USB flash drive/keyfob will not automount

I am working on an Ubuntu Linux 8.10 system that I do not want to reboot. For some reason, USB flash drives (mass storage devices) now no longer automount. I want to restore that functionality without rebooting. I can manually mount and unmount these things by doing: cd /media sudo mkdir thing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ropers
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO 5.0.5 & USB flash drive

Can someone help me with instructions on how to access a USB flash drive in SCO Unix 5.0.5? I need to copy ASCII text files that have been zipped onto the USB drive for transfer to a Windows computer. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlodata
0 Replies

8. Boot Loaders

How to install grub on USB flash drive?

I wanna install grub on my flash drive for rescue usage. My computer installs winxp, and I have fedora12 installed in vmware. I did like this: step1: format the flash drive as FAT in winXP. step2: in fedora12, mount the flash drive on /media/flash step3: excute the command: grub-install... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Installing Solaris 10 x86 from USB flash drive

Dear friends, I have the DVD image of solaris 10 but I don't have DVD writer to burn it onto a dvd R. I was wondering if I could install Solaris from my 4gb usb flash drive as my PC supports booting from usb. I have installed Windows 7 this way recently, I have no idea about Solaris. Could you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to increase cylinders on USB Flash Drive

Hello All, I faced a unique issue. I have written a script for transferring backup data on my host machine to a USB Flash drive. The Flash drive must be of 16GB size. So, my script creates two primary partitionon the USB flash drive. I require approx 5900 cylinders for the first partition on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pkumar Sachin
8 Replies
i2o_bs(7D)							      Devices								i2o_bs(7D)

NAME
i2o_bs - Block Storage OSM for I2O SYNOPSIS
disk@local target id#:a through u disk@local target id#:a through u raw DESCRIPTION
The I2O Block Storage OSM abstraction (BSA, which also is referred to as block storage class) layer is the primary interface that Solaris operating environments use to access block storage devices. A block storage device provides random access to a permanent storage medium. The i2o_bs device driver uses I2O Block Storage class messages to control the block device; and provides the same functionality (ioctls, for example) that is present in the Solaris device driver like 'cmdk, dadk' on x86 for disk. The maximum size disk supported by i2o_bs is the same as what is available on x86. The i2o_bs is currently implemented version 1.5 of Intelligent IO specification. The block files access the disk using the system's normal buffering mechanism and are read and written without regard to physical disk records. There is also a "raw" interface that provides for direct transmission between the disk and the user's read or write buffer. A single read or write call usually results in one I/O operation; raw I/O is therefore considerably more efficient when many bytes are transmitted. The names of the block files are found in /dev/dsk; the names of the raw files are found in /dev/rdsk. I2O associates each block storage device with a unique ID called a local target id that is assigned by I2O hardware. This information can be acquired by the block storage OSM through I2O Block Storage class messages. For Block Storage OSM, nodes are created in /devices/pci#/pci# which include the local target ID as one component of device name that the node refers to. However the /dev names and the names in /dev/dsk and /dev/rdsk do not encode the local target id in any part of the name. For example, you might have the following: /devices/ /dev/dsk name --------------------------------------------------------------- /devices/pci@0,0/pci101e,0@10,1/disk@10:a /dev/dsk/c1d0s0 I/O requests to the disk must have an offset and transfer length that is a multiple of 512 bytes or the driver returns an EINVAL error. Slice 0 is normally used for the root file system on a disk, slice 1 is used as a paging area (for example, swap), and slice 2 for backing up the entire fdisk partition for Solaris software. Other slices may be used for usr file systems or system reserved area. Fdisk partition 0 is to access the entire disk and is generally used by the fdisk(1M) program. FILES
/dev/dsk/cndn[s|p]n block device /dev/rdsk/cndn[s|p]n raw device where: cn controller n dn instance number sn UNIX system slice n (0-15) pn fdisk partition(0) /kernel/drv/i2o_bs i2o_bs driver /kernel/drv/i2o_bs.conf Configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fdisk(1M), format(1M)mount(1M),lseek(2), read(2), write(2), readdir(3C), vfstab(4), acct.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), dkio(7I) SunOS 5.10 21 Jul 1998 i2o_bs(7D)