Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perform a check based on number of @ in a log line Post 302290925 by krishmaths on Tuesday 24th of February 2009 09:51:41 AM
Old 02-24-2009
script solution

Code:
awk -F"@" '{print NF}' logfile|while read line
do
 if [ $line -gt 30 ]
 then
   echo "possible mass mailer"
   break
 fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting a line based on line number

i want to cut all the entries from the /etc/passwd file in which the uid is> 500 for this i was writing this ,m quiet new to all this.. scripting but on the 6th n 8th line ,, i hav to specify a line number .. to get the commnd working .. but i want to use variable i instead of that ,,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: narendra.pant
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print selection of line based on line number

Hi Unix gurus Basically i am searching for the pattern and getting the line numbers of the grepped pattern. I am trying to print the series of lines from 7 lines before the grepped line number to the grepped line number. I am trying to use the following code. but it is not working. cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanm
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to perform action on newest line in log using tail?

I don't quite know what I'm doing, so this simple script is proving a challenge. Here is some pseudo code that doesn't work yet: if tail -1 "WORKING.txt" >/dev/null | egrep "^NMBR=*" > /dev/null then curl -k 'http://www.myserver.com/log.cgi?input=$?' echo "hi there" fi Purpose:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dihewidd
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines based on line number

I have a file with ~200K lines, I need to delete 4K lines in it. There is no range. I do have the line numbers of the lines which I want to be deleted. I did tried using > cat del.lines sed '510d;12d;219d;......;3999d' file > source del.lines Word too long. I even tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice_man
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line number based manipulation

Hi I have a case where I am grabbing patterns and subsequent lines using sed -n -e '/regex/{$!N;p;}' This returns just the regex line when it is the last line of my file. Now I may have even number of lines in some cases (regex never at end) and odd in very rare cases. If the line... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to separate one line to mutiple line based on certain number of characters?

hi Gurus, I need separate a file which is one huge line to multiple lines based on certain number of charactors. for example: abcdefghi high abaddffdd I want to separate the line to multiple lines for every 4 charactors. the result should be abcd efgh i hi gh a badd ffdd Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file based on line number

Hi I have a file with over a million lines (rows) and I want to split everything from 500,000 to a million into another file (to make the file smaller). Is there a simple command for this? Thank you Phil (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the number of columns in a line??

hi, i have a file with many records and each record may or may not have 6 columns. for example file1 : first second third fourth fifth sixth first second third fourth fifth first second third fourth fifth sixth first second third fourth fifth sixth seventh eigth if i cat the file and... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
21 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a file based on pattern line number?

Hi i have requirement like below M <form_name> sdasadasdMklkM D ...... D ..... M form_name> sdasadasdMklkM D ...... D ..... D ...... D ..... M form_name> sdasadasdMklkM D ...... M form_name> sdasadasdMklkM i want split file based on line number by finding... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar v
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check the missing file based on sequence number.

Hi All, I have a requirement that i need to list only the missing sequences with a unix script. For Example: Input: FILE_001.txt FILE_002.txt FILE_005.txt FILE_006.txt FILE_008.txt FILE_009.txt FILE_010.txt FILE_014.txt Output: FILE_003.txt FILE_004.txt FILE_007.txt FILE_011.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun1992
5 Replies
LOG1P(3)								 1								  LOG1P(3)

log1p - Returns log(1 + number), computed in a way that is accurate even when the value of number is close to zero

SYNOPSIS
float log1p (float $number) DESCRIPTION
log1p(3) returns log(1 + $number) computed in a way that is accurate even when the value of $number is close to zero. log(3) might only return log(1) in this case due to lack of precision. PARAMETERS
o $number - The argument to process RETURN VALUES
log(1 + $number) CHANGELOG
+--------+--------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+--------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | This function is now available on all platforms | | | | +--------+--------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
expm1(3), log(3), log10(3). PHP Documentation Group LOG1P(3)