Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gmail down?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Gmail down? Post 302290854 by pludi on Tuesday 24th of February 2009 07:09:50 AM
Old 02-24-2009
heise online - Web-Frontend von Google Mail ist gestört (Sorry, German only, found no English news)
What they're basically saying is that Google hasn't yet said anything about why GMail is down, and that you can access your mail via imaps://imap.googlemail.com/ or pop3s://pop.googlemail.com/
To send, you can use the SMTP server at smtps://smtp.googlemail.com/ (Port 465 or 587)

Edit: Similar article on BBC

Last edited by pludi; 02-24-2009 at 09:22 AM.. Reason: English article found

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ERROR while communicating with gmail

$./a.out smtp.gmail.com 25 220 mx.google.com ESMTP 9sm2923369yxf.23 250 mx.google.com at your service 220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS after handshake Common Name: smtp.gmail.com after get cert dn -----BEGIN SSL SESSION PARAMETERS-----... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshan.ghumare
0 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Mutt for yahoo and Gmail?

Hi Installed MUTT and configured it for Gmail and got successful and then tried to configure for Yahoo but i am not getting any success in doing that. Can anybody advice what preferences are to be set in .muttrc file for configuring yahoo and moreover How to configure multiple Gmail clients in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixhead
1 Replies

3. Solaris

mailx -v user@gmail.com

iam near to give in : i have been about 1 week trying to send mail to my gmail account from local (not registered ) account but every time i fail i did the following bash-3.00# mailx -v mohammed.gaber.ibrahim@gmail.com Subject: newmail . EOT bash-3.00#... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmjaboor
3 Replies

4. Web Development

Postfix and Gmail issue

Hi to all While being in the middle of adjusting Postfix at my server, I have faced with such a problem: it does not receive emails from gmail. Emails from other services (live, mail, corporate, etc.) are received normally. Gmail's response if following: Google tried to deliver your... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divine2012
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gmail revert to old look permanently

I thought I would share gmail revert to old look permanently. I am sure I am not the only one annoyed by the new look. Install Stylish extension Choose the Stylish UserStyle that you want. I know The Return of Old Gmail and gmail-b2b both work but I prefer gmail-b2b since I think it looks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail attachment problem on Gmail

Hi. I am a user on HP-UX , OS Version 11.23 with the Itanium architecture. I am using a script on HP-UX to send emails that include a Pdf attachment to clients. The scipt makes use of sendmail. The scripts works for everything except gmail. When I go on gmail via my Web Browser, I can see... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wahooka
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gmail Authentication from shell script

Hello All, I want my script to accept Gmail user name and password from command line and authenticate that user .Is it possible ? I heard about doing it using Google API's but not able to find right material on net. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
1 Replies
mail-notification(1)													      mail-notification(1)

NAME
mail-notification -- a mail notification system tray icon SYNOPSIS
mail-notification [-?|--help] [--usage] [-i|--enable-info] [-p|--display-properties] [-r|--consider-new-mail-as-read] [-a|--display-about] [-u|--update] [--unset-obsolete-configuration] [--gdk-debug=FLAGS] [--gdk-no-debug=FLAGS] [--display=DISPLAY] [--screen=SCREEN] [--sync] [--name=NAME] [--class=CLASS] [--gtk-debug=FLAGS] [--gtk-no-debug=FLAGS] [--g-fatal-warnings] [--gtk-module=MODULE] [--oaf-ior-fd=FD] [--oaf-private] [--oaf-activate-iid=IID] [--disable-sound] [--enable-sound] [--espeaker=HOST:PORT] [--version] [--sm-client-id=ID] [--sm-config-prefix=PREFIX] [--sm-disable] [--disable-crash-dialog] [--load-modules=MODULE1,MODULE2,...] [--display=DISPLAY] [-s|--print-summary] DESCRIPTION
mail-notification is a program that sits in your desktop environment's notification area (or say System Tray) and shows mail status icon. When there's no mail waiting, it doesn't show any icon, and the envelope icon appears when some of configured accounts have new mail. Also it can automatically launch the program, specified in Preferences on new mail arrival. mail-notification features include: * multiple mailbox support * mbox, MH, Maildir, Sylpheed, POP3, IMAP, Gmail and Evolution support * SASL authentication support * APOP authentication support * SSL/TLS support (disabled, see README.Debian) * automatic detection of mailbox format * immediate notification (depending on your settings) * HIG 2.0 compliance OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -? --help Show summary of options. --usage Show brief usage message. -v --version Show version of program. -i --enable-info Enable informational output. -p --display-properties Display the properties dialog. -a --display-about Display the about dialog. -u --update Update the mail status. -r --consider-new-mail-as-read Consider new mail as read. --unset-obsolete-configuration Unset obsolete GConf configuration. --display=DISPLAY X display to use. -s --print-summary Print a XML mail summary. EXAMPLES
To run this application the standard way, type: # mail-notification & To start directly into the preferences dialog or to access it while mail-notification is running, type: # mail-notification -p & AUTHOR
mail-notification was written by Jean-Yves Lefort <jylefort@brutele.be>. This manual page was written by Pascal Giard <evilynux@yahoo.com> and LIU Qi <liuqi82@gmail.com> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Great parts were directly taken from the manpage written by Dan Korostelev <dan@ats.energo.ru>. Thanks Kai-Martin <kmk@familieknaak.de> for the updated information. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. mail-notification home page http://www.nongnu.org/mailnotify SEE ALSO
mail (1) Pascal Giard and LIU Qi July 22, 2009 mail-notification(1)