Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gmail down?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Gmail down? Post 302290822 by otheus on Tuesday 24th of February 2009 06:10:27 AM
Old 02-24-2009
Gmail down?

Anyone else having problems in the last 20 minutes or so with Gmail?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ERROR while communicating with gmail

$./a.out smtp.gmail.com 25 220 mx.google.com ESMTP 9sm2923369yxf.23 250 mx.google.com at your service 220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS after handshake Common Name: smtp.gmail.com after get cert dn -----BEGIN SSL SESSION PARAMETERS-----... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshan.ghumare
0 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Mutt for yahoo and Gmail?

Hi Installed MUTT and configured it for Gmail and got successful and then tried to configure for Yahoo but i am not getting any success in doing that. Can anybody advice what preferences are to be set in .muttrc file for configuring yahoo and moreover How to configure multiple Gmail clients in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixhead
1 Replies

3. Solaris

mailx -v user@gmail.com

iam near to give in : i have been about 1 week trying to send mail to my gmail account from local (not registered ) account but every time i fail i did the following bash-3.00# mailx -v mohammed.gaber.ibrahim@gmail.com Subject: newmail . EOT bash-3.00#... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmjaboor
3 Replies

4. Web Development

Postfix and Gmail issue

Hi to all While being in the middle of adjusting Postfix at my server, I have faced with such a problem: it does not receive emails from gmail. Emails from other services (live, mail, corporate, etc.) are received normally. Gmail's response if following: Google tried to deliver your... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divine2012
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gmail revert to old look permanently

I thought I would share gmail revert to old look permanently. I am sure I am not the only one annoyed by the new look. Install Stylish extension Choose the Stylish UserStyle that you want. I know The Return of Old Gmail and gmail-b2b both work but I prefer gmail-b2b since I think it looks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail attachment problem on Gmail

Hi. I am a user on HP-UX , OS Version 11.23 with the Itanium architecture. I am using a script on HP-UX to send emails that include a Pdf attachment to clients. The scipt makes use of sendmail. The scripts works for everything except gmail. When I go on gmail via my Web Browser, I can see... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wahooka
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gmail Authentication from shell script

Hello All, I want my script to accept Gmail user name and password from command line and authenticate that user .Is it possible ? I heard about doing it using Google API's but not able to find right material on net. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
1 Replies
CheckGmail(1)						      General Commands Manual						     CheckGmail(1)

NAME
CheckGmail - system tray applet to check a Gmail account for new mail SYNOPSIS
checkgmail [-profile] [-hosted] [-popup_delay] [-no_cookies] [-private] [-v | -verbose] [-nocrypt] [-h] DESCRIPTION
CheckGmail is an alternative Gmail Notifier for Linux and other *nix systems. It is fast, secure and uses minimal bandwidth via the use of Atom feeds. CheckGmail is a system tray application that checks a Gmail account for new mail. When new mail is present the tray icon changes, an optional animated popup is displayed and a tooltip displays the number and details of new messages. Configuration is GUI-based and the application is designed to be simple, elegant and unobtrusive. CheckGmail aims to be relatively secure in terms of password storage. Combined with Crypt::Simple(3pm) the program provides the option of either encrypting the saved password information or - for maximum security - re-entering your password each time the application is run. If you decide to save the password, it is encrypted using a passphrase generated from machine-unique information (the eth0 MAC address and/or uname system information). Encrypting the password prevents both casual reading of plain text passwords on your machine, but more impor- tantly allows the CheckGmail config file in your home directory to be stored securely on external backups. For the password encryption function, CheckGmail depends on the Perl module Crypt::Simple(3pm) CheckGmail will save passwords as plain text if this module (or associated modules) is not present on the system. OPTIONS
-profile=[profile_name] Using this switch causes CheckGmail to read preferences from a file named prefs-[profile_name] in ~/.checkgmail - thus allowing mul- tiple instances of CheckGmail to be run to check different Gmail accounts. -hosted=[Gmail hosted domain] Allows checkgmail to work for Gmail hosted domains. E.g. if your hosted domain is test.net, run the program with -hosted=test.net Once run, the -hosted flag is not required again for that profile. N.B: You will need to delete the Atom feed address from your preferences or use a new profile before using this option for the first time. Following a change in the Gmail login code for hosted domains, this option does not appear to be compatible with the -no_cookies method of checking mail. -popup_delay=[time in millisecs] Sets the time taken between the mouse entering the system tray icon and the tooltip being displayed. Default is 250 millisecs as of version 1.10 (previous versions used no delay). -no_cookies Uses the old Atom feed retrieval method (default in versions 1.7.2 and earlier) of sending the username and password across https. The alternative, and currently default method, is to login to Gmail, save the authentication cookies, and then retrieve the Atom feeds without requiring any further authentication - this method has the benefit of allowing various actions to be carried out upon new messages received, such as deleting, marking as read, archiving or reporting spam. -private Prevents the display of message details in the popup - only the number of new messages will be displayed. -v | -verbose Causes CheckGmail to print details of mail checking and mail contents to STDOUT -nocrypt Disables the use of Crypt::Simple to encrypt saved password information - passwords will be saved as plain text. -h Prints a usage message. ENVIRONMENT
HTTPS_PROXY Setting the HTTPS_PROXY environment variable will cause CheckGmail to use the specified proxy server when checking for new mail. FILES
~/.checkgmail/prefs.xml User configuration file ~/.checkgmail/lang.xml Language translations AUTHOR
Owen Marshall <owenjm at the email provider which this utility checks> CheckGmail(1)