Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep two values together.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep two values together. Post 302290792 by tushar_tus on Tuesday 24th of February 2009 05:26:13 AM
Old 02-24-2009
grep two values together.

Hi...

I have a file abc.txt , havin more then 10,000 lines, each field separated by '#'.
I want to grep 9914699895 and 999 from abc.txt

I am trying
cat abc.txt | grep 9914699895 | grep 999

but i am also getting data like 9991111111 or 9991010101

I want to grep "999" exactly and corresponding to 9914699895.

Please help in shell or awk...
Thanks in advance...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep a list of values

Hi everybody! :) :D :D :) it's great to be here since this is my first post. touch /base/oracle/FRA/XMUT00/RMAN_FLAG touch /base/oracle/FRA/XRLL00/RMAN_FLAG find directory name containing RMAN_FLAG : $ find /base/oracle/FRA -name RMAN_FLAG -print|xargs -n1 dirname |sort -u... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolan_louve
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep using ASCII values

machine: HPUX file: a.dat contents: decimal 1 decimal 2 string 1 string 2 ASCII value of 'd': 100. to grep lines that have 'd', I use the following command grep d a.dat My requirement: I should grep for lines that contain 'd'. But I should use ASCII value of 'd' in the command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriksama
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using grep for find values larger/less than

Hi I have been experimenting with grep to find values for a particular column that is greater than or less than certain #'s. So my file looks like this: name -2 2 name1 -2 2 name2 -1 4 name3 3 3 So I want to find rows with values less than or equal to -2 and those greater than... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep distinct values

this is a little more complex than that. I have a text file and I need to find all the distinct words that appear in a line after the word TABLESPACE when I grep for just the word tablespace, I get: how do i parse this a little better so i have a smaller file to read? This is just an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep values from different lines

Hello, I have a log file with many lines and I want to grep pcific values from spcific lines, I'm not sure if it is possible or not Sample 16-11-11 19:54:13:INFO:Connection to device ip 20.10.11.23 took 0 16-11-11 19:54:13:FINE:Sending request. 16-11-11 19:54:13:INFO:Received response from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roby2411
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep multiple values

This for i in /dev/disco/*;do lvdisplay $i|grep -i size;done Return me every size of lvm in vg "disco" I want to return me,the size and the name of lvm,how to do this? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep values on alternate lines

Hi, I have a file like 2011|ACC|.* 2013|ACC|.* 2011|ACCC|.* 2013|ACCC|.* 2013|ACCV|.* 2011|ADB|.* 2013|ADB|.* 2011|ADBC|.* 2013|ADBC|.* 2011|AIA|.* 2013|AXJ|.* 2013|NNN|.* .* represnts any alphanumeric characters after this part of the string I need a code to return only the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use grep with numerical values?

I'm new to Unix and I have been trying to fix this problem for the past week. How would I use grep to display only certain numbers for a list. For example, if I have this list: Joe senior 4/50 John junior 25/50 Mary junior 41/50 Martha sophomore 2/50 ...How do I get a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PTcharger
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Grep document according to values

Hi, I have the following data that is 3-col, tab separated and looks something like this: inscription 1 1 ionosphere 0 0 magnate 0 1 majesty 1 0 meritocracy 0 0 monarchy 0 0 monkey 1 0 notepaper 1 1 The first column of the data is an ID, the second column of the data is a prediction... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep some values from XML file

Dear community, I have a big XML log file containing several rows splitted by tag: <ActivityLogRecord> and </ActivityLogRecord>. An example below. What I need is read the file and extract some value from each tags and put them into one line (each line for every <ActivityLogRecord> tag). So... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
5 Replies
UNBUFFER(1)						      General Commands Manual						       UNBUFFER(1)

NAME
unbuffer - unbuffer output SYNOPSIS
unbuffer program [ args ] INTRODUCTION
unbuffer disables the output buffering that occurs when program output is redirected from non-interactive programs. For example, suppose you are watching the output from a fifo by running it through od and then more. od -c /tmp/fifo | more You will not see anything until a full page of output has been produced. You can disable this automatic buffering as follows: unbuffer od -c /tmp/fifo | more Normally, unbuffer does not read from stdin. This simplifies use of unbuffer in some situations. To use unbuffer in a pipeline, use the -p flag. Example: process1 | unbuffer -p process2 | process3 CAVEATS
unbuffer -p may appear to work incorrectly if a process feeding input to unbuffer exits. Consider: process1 | unbuffer -p process2 | process3 If process1 exits, process2 may not yet have finished. It is impossible for unbuffer to know long to wait for process2 and process2 may not ever finish, for example, if it is a filter. For expediency, unbuffer simply exits when it encounters an EOF from either its input or process2. In order to have a version of unbuffer that worked in all situations, an oracle would be necessary. If you want an application-specific solution, workarounds or hand-coded Expect may be more suitable. For example, the following example shows how to allow grep to finish pro- cessing when the cat before it finishes first. Using cat to feed grep would never require unbuffer in real life. It is merely a place- holder for some imaginary process that may or may not finish. Similarly, the final cat at the end of the pipeline is also a placeholder for another process. $ cat /tmp/abcdef.log | grep abc | cat abcdef xxxabc defxxx $ cat /tmp/abcdef.log | unbuffer grep abc | cat $ (cat /tmp/abcdef.log ; sleep 1) | unbuffer grep abc | cat abcdef xxxabc defxxx $ BUGS
The man page is longer than the program. SEE ALSO
"Exploring Expect: A Tcl-Based Toolkit for Automating Interactive Programs" by Don Libes, O'Reilly and Associates, January 1995. AUTHOR
Don Libes, National Institute of Standards and Technology 1 June 1994 UNBUFFER(1)