Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting loop through two files based on a variable Post 302290649 by nogu0001 on Tuesday 24th of February 2009 12:17:20 AM
Old 02-24-2009
hi kevin
the logic is perfect
but instead of writing the values in arrays i would like to assign the no.of values from column1 and column2 i.e defing @set as values from column 1 and @val as column 2.
input file;;
chr1 100 112
chr1 150 300
chr1 80 400

script needs correction

#!usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
use warnings;
my $infile1 = 're5.txt';
open IN10, "< $infile1" or die "Can't open $infile1 : $!";
my %values;
while (<F1>) {
chomp;
my ($chrom,$value1,$value2) = split /\t/;
my $rec = {value1 => $value1, value2 => $value2
};
push @{$vlaues{$chrom}}, $rec;
}
my @set = $value1;
my @vals = $value2;
my @vals_sorted = sort {$a <=> $b} @vals;
foreach my $n (@set) {
print "Closest to $n = ", shift @vals_sorted, "\n";
}

Thanx for the ideas
Funny laughs @other mails

Last edited by nogu0001; 02-24-2009 at 04:28 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create variable name based on another variable's value

Hello, I am needing to create a variable and assign it a value based on the value of a previosly defined variable... I am using KSH.. Example: VAR1=COMPUTER1 I need another variable like ${VAR1}_FLAG="Y", so it would actually be COMPUTER1_FLAG="Y". I will be looping through many values in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to create files based on a variable name

Hey all, I am parsing a file which have records containing one of a number of files names: ".psd", ".cr2", ".crw" , ".cr", ".xi", ".jpg", ".xif" etc Somewhere on each line there is a value "Namex.psd" "Namex.crw" etc. The position of this name is highly variable I need to output all the ".psd"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: C0ppert0p
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SHELL: /bin/sh] For loop using variable variable names

Simple enough problem I think, I just can't seem to get it right. The below doesn't work as intended, it's just a function defined in a much larger script: CheckValues() { for field in \ Group_ID \ Group_Title \ Rule_ID \ Rule_Severity \ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vryali
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing variable with variable suffix through loop

I have a group of variables myLINEcnt1 - myLINEcnt10. I'm trying to printout the values using a for loop. I am at the head banging stage since i'm sure it has to be a basic syntax issue that i can't figure out. For myIPgrp in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10; do here i want to output the value of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array Variable being Assigned Values in Loop, But Gone when Loop Completes???

Hello All, Maybe I'm Missing something here but I have NOOO idea what the heck is going on with this....? I have a Variable that contains a PATTERN of what I'm considering "Illegal Characters". So what I'm doing is looping through a string containing some of these "Illegal Characters". Now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] How to increment and add variable length numbers to a variable in a loop?

Hi All, I have a file which has hundred of records with fixed number of fields. In each record there is set of 8 characters which represent the duration of that activity. I want to sum up the duration present in all the records for a report. The problem is the duration changes per record so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danish0909
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a Variable based on a Variable

Hi all, I have a source config file with variables like so: eth1_ip=192.168.1.99 eth2_ip=192.168.1.123 eth3_ip=172.16.1.1 I am trying to run a script which loops based on the number of eth interfaces on a machine and therefore modifies the variable it calls in the environment based on the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Naming output files based on variable parameters and input filenames

Hello, I have a series of files in sub-directories that I want to loop through, process and name according to the input filename and the various parameters I'm using to process the files. I have a number of each, for example file names like AG005574, AG004788, AG003854 and parameter values like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdeads
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare two files and print based on common variable value.

Hi All, i have below two files. FILE: NAME="/dev/sda" TYPE="disk" SIZE="60G" OWNER="root" GROUP="disk" MODE="brw-rw----" PKNAME="" MOUNTPOINT="" NAME="/dev/sda1" TYPE="part" SIZE="500M" OWNER="root" GROUP="disk" MODE="brw-rw----" PKNAME="/dev/sda" MOUNTPOINT="/boot" NAME="/dev/sda2"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
3 Replies
COMBINE(1)																COMBINE(1)

NAME
combine - combine sets of lines from two files using boolean operations SYNOPSIS
combine file1 and file2 combine file1 not file2 combine file1 or file2 combine file1 xor file2 _ file1 and file2 _ _ file1 not file2 _ _ file1 or file2 _ _ file1 xor file2 _ DESCRIPTION
combine combines the lines in two files. Depending on the boolean operation specified, the contents will be combined in different ways: and Outputs lines that are in file1 if they are also present in file2. not Outputs lines that are in file1 but not in file2. or Outputs lines that are in file1 or file2. xor Outputs lines that are in either file1 or file2, but not in both files. "-" can be specified for either file to read stdin for that file. The input files need not be sorted, and the lines are output in the order they occur in file1 (followed by the order they occur in file2 for the two "or" operations). Bear in mind that this means that the operations are not commutative; "a and b" will not necessarily be the same as "b and a". To obtain commutative behavior sort and uniq the result. Note that this program can be installed as "_" to allow for the syntactic sugar shown in the latter half of the synopsis (similar to the test/[ command). It is not currently installed as "_" by default, but you can alias it to that if you like. SEE ALSO
join(1) AUTHOR
Copyright 2006 by Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> Licensed under the GNU GPL. moreutils 2012-04-09 COMBINE(1)