Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Replicate CPU load to other processors in server Post 302290627 by vaibhav.kanchan on Monday 23rd of February 2009 09:13:05 PM
Old 02-23-2009
Replicate CPU load to other processors in server

Hi Folks,

We have 6 processors in our sun server. I do see that CPU usage by one of the processor is always more than 70-80% and for remaining 5 processors, its only 20%. Is there a way to delegate the excess CPU load on one of the processors in server to other processors in same server? Is there any command in Solaris or linux to do the same? Do we have to use any third party tool to accomplish the same?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU load unit of measure?

If unix says my cpu load is 2.15 exactly what does that mean? --Jason (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mac J
1 Replies

2. Linux

how replicate linux server

hai the point I want one server and additional backup server just like winnt pdc , bdc concept . anybody know any solutions for this. the thing is i don't have that much amount to spend for additional hardwares. Is any software or anything ????? rgds sun (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sun
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

High cpu load average

Hi Buddies, Thanx for reading my first post... After googling a lot and searching so many forums I am feeling down a bit... Please don't mind my ignorence, and my grammer ... :) My server is running RHEL 2.6.9-5.EL. The cpu load is going higher than roof, almost 100 sometimes. I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

4. Linux

How to find the load on CPU ?

Hi ALL, I have to develop a script which checks for the load on CPU on regular intervals. I created a simple script which uses 'uptime' command to find out the avg load in the last 5 min. I then used grep and put the value of the avg load in a variable OUT. It was working fine till... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikings.svnit
5 Replies

5. Solaris

CPU load -12.50 in server.

Friends I have noticed that the Sun Fire v490 server with Solaris9 OS in my office, is showing a load of 12.50 during peak time and the CPU showing a max of 75% and an average of 60%. The Application running in this machine hung last month(For reasons unknown) and is running fine after... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk & CPU Load

Deal All, I'm writing a simple awk to generate some sort of report. The awk will check 24 files (file generated each one hour in a wholoe day) and then it will print one field to another file for counting purposes. The script is working fine but the problem is that the CPU load is very high... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: charbel
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to increase cpu load

can someone suggest me some code in any language that will increase CPU and memory both. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restart debian server if one specific process has more than 10 seconds have high cpu load

Hi, could someone give me an example for a debian server script? I need to check a process if the process has a high cpu load (top). If yes the whole server needs to reboot. Thats it, nothing more. ;) Hope someone could help me. Regards woisch (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woisch
2 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

Multiple Processors and Load Average

The following information shows that there are in total 4 Processors on this machine: $ grep -i name /proc/cpuinfo model name : Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2218 model name : Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2218 model name : Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2218... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX install and replicate to 5 server

Hi, I have to install 5 servers with same OS level and same packs, i wonder if there is an way to install 1 and then copy or clone the instalattion to the other 4? any suggetions? Rgs, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
1 Replies
processor_sets(4)					     Kernel Interfaces Manual						 processor_sets(4)

NAME
processor_sets - Collections of processors DESCRIPTION
A processor set is a collection of processors. When a processor set is first created, it does not contain any processors. You can add processors to a processor set, remove processors from a processor set, and also destroy the processor set. In addition, you can assign specific processes to a processor set. When the system is booted, all its processors are assigned to the default processor set. Each processor in a system can be a member of only one processor set at one time. In addition, when you create a process, it is assigned to a processor set. Unless you indicate a specific processor set, a process is assigned to the default processor set. A process can execute only on an processor that is included in the processor set to which the process is assigned. If you assign a process to an empty processor set, it will not execute until a processor is assigned to the processor set or until the process is assigned to another processor set. Use the pset_create command or the create_pset function to create a processor set. When you first create a processor set, it does not con- tain any processors. Use the pset_assign_cpu command or the assign_cpu_to_pset function to assign processors to a specific processor set. When you assign a processor to a specific processor set, the processor is removed from its current processor set. Use the pset_destroy command or the destroy_pset function to destroy a processor set. Processors that belong to a destroyed processor set are assigned to the default processor set. Use the pset_assign_pid command or the assign_pid_to_pset function to assign a process to a specific processor set. In addition, you can request that a process has exclusive access to a processor set. If a process has exclusive access to a processor set, no other process is able to use that processor set. If a process has exclusive access to a processor set, that access will be cleared automatically when the process exits. Note that if a process is already assigned to a processor set, a request for exclusive access to that processor set will be denied. Use the pset_info command to display the status of each processor set on the system as well as the status of each processor. You must be root to create and destroy processor sets and to assign a processor to a processor set. Processor set creation and destruction and processor assignments to processor sets are logged in the /var/adm/wtmp file. FILES
/var/adm/wtmp RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: pset_create(1), pset_destroy(1), pset_info(1), pset_assign_pid(1), pset_assign_cpu(1), runon(1), psrinfo(1), psradm(8) Functions: assign_pid_to_pset(3), assign_cpu_to_pset(3), create_pset(3), destroy_pset(3) delim off processor_sets(4)