Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Accessing all of the hard drive... Post 302290511 by Neo on Monday 23rd of February 2009 01:22:48 PM
Old 02-23-2009
It depends on how the rest of the drive is configured.

What filesystem(s) are on the rest of the drive?

Do you know how to find out? (Hint: You can view with fdisk, but be careful!)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Files on another drive

Hey..alright heres the deal I'm going to do a triple boot if you would Win98SE, Win2K, and Redhat Linux 7.1 now I have two HDs each with 30 gigs i've allowed one HD to the OS's with 10 gigs each...the third I intend to be one for windows to pull things thats compliant with both 98 and 2k and store... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PravusMentis
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Multi Hard Disk & theme

Hie, Im having 2 Questions. Please help. - Do Anyone know how to accessanother HDD using Linux? Ive tried many ways before but unable to do so. Im using 2 HDD, The main Hdd/Partition where my unix is are using Seagate HDD 20GB , another HDD is using Maxtor 20GB. From my seagate Hdd where my... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
8 Replies

3. SuSE

SUSE 9 - problems accessing CD ROM drive

I've got SUSE 9 installed on a removable hard drive and the system is up and running fine. I'm trying to copy stuff off a CD onto one of my Linux partitions but I am getting an errors : * Could not read /media/cdrom/file1.tar.tar I can browse to the file location on the CD by using the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: GandalfWhite
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to copy old hard drive to new hard drive.

:confused: ........I have a new hard drive and I need to copy ALL info from the old to the new. I would like to use the dd command. I know the command is as follows...... dd if=/dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s0 of=/dev/rdsk/???????? Where I have the question marks is the problem. How do I find out what the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
4 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

The best partitioning schem for a 250GB Sata hard drive & a 75GB SCSI hard drive

Hi I have 2 75GB SCSI hard drives and 2 250GB SATA hard drives which are using RAID Level 1 respectively. I wana have both FTP and Apache installed on them as services. I'm wondering what's the best partitioning schem? I wana use FC3 as my OS, so, I thought I can use the 75GB hard drive as the /... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbijan
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing files on external USB drive using UNIX?

Hi Folks, I'm a serious UNIX newbie... I'm using a bash shell on Mac OS X. Basically I took up unix in order to use a specific image processing software package... I've learned enough to write a script to batch process all of my images, but I have so many that I would like to use an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Slanter
1 Replies

7. SCO

I need a help with accessing the hard drive

Hello guys, I have got from a friend a hard disk which was used in the SCO OpenServer. He needs some data from it. I have no clue how to copy its content with Linux or Windows-I have tried few Linux distros but the result is always the same-the file system is not recognized so can't be mounted.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kataro
4 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Problem with accessing my 2nd hard drive

Hello I am having a problem with being able to use my 2nd hard drive as my new os doesn't recognize it. it is /dev/hdb2 and it shows as It is still in my system. it is a 73 gb hard drive and it is useless to me now. I used to have windows XP and had no problem with it,I have since changed to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donald Spauldin
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 8 - Accessing Hard Drives

Hi, I have two SCSI Hard Drives in a Sun Solaris 8 server as shown below. I would like to access Disk1 and look at its contents, directory structure and files. How do I change my default directory from Disk 0 to Disk 1 and vice versa? Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
5 Replies
PULL-LP-SOURCE(1)					      General Commands Manual						 PULL-LP-SOURCE(1)

NAME
pull-lp-source - download a source package from Launchpad SYNOPSIS
pull-lp-source [options] source package [release|version] DESCRIPTION
pull-lp-source downloads and extracts the specified version of <source package> from Launchpad, or the latest version of the specified release. To request a version from a particular pocket say release-pocket (with a magic -release for only the release pocket). If no ver- sion or release is specified, the latest version in the development release will be downloaded. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for pull-lp-source: source package This is the source package that you would like to be downloaded from Launchpad. version This is the version of the source package to be downloaded. release This is the release that you would like the source package to be downloaded from. This value defaults to the current development release. -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -d, --download-only Do not extract the source package. -m UBUNTU_MIRROR, --mirror=UBUNTU_MIRROR Use the specified Ubuntu mirror. Should be in the form http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu. If the package isn't found on this mir- ror, pull-lp-source will fall back to Launchpad, as its name implies. --no-conf Do not read any configuration files, or configuration from environment variables. ENVIRONMENT
All of the CONFIGURATION VARIABLES below are also supported as environment variables. Variables in the environment take precedence to those in configuration files. DIST Specifies the default target. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The following variables can be set in the environment or in ubuntu-dev-tools(5) configuration files. In each case, the script-specific variable takes precedence over the package-wide variable. PULL_LP_SOURCE_UBUNTU_MIRROR, UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_MIRROR The default value for --mirror. SEE ALSO
dget(1), pull-debian-source(1), pull-debian-debdiff(1), ubuntu-dev-tools(5) AUTHOR
pull-lp-source and this manual page were written by Iain Lane <iain@orangesquash.org.uk>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. ubuntu-dev-tools 4 August 2008 PULL-LP-SOURCE(1)