Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers User ID syntax to FTP to Windows Post 302290485 by Neo on Monday 23rd of February 2009 11:55:51 AM
Old 02-23-2009
Maybe the Windows server is not set up to permit FTP access?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP from Unix to Windows: Need help!

Hello everyone, I know nothing about Unix, however, I developed a Windows VB app that takes ascii flat files and generates formatted excel reports in single or batch mode. There are about 200 reports that come off the mainframe from a unix box which I have to manually download into my Windows... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eguy
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Syntax problem with Unix ftp get command

An outside vendor has staged 2 batch files for us and I've tried to retrieve the files using the commands that they've indicated I could use to retrieve one file at a time. I've tried using this command in a shell script after a successful connection to their server: get "$$ ID=IL096869 BID='PGP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mheinen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP - switching user syntax

Running the following shell script, #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x swdofile=/opt/SWDO_IN1V01P001_1.csv USER='myusername' PASSWD='mypassword' HOST='myhostname' ftp -n $HOST << SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD su - BRA -c put $swdofile quit SCRIPT exit 0 but not managing to get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveaasmith
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

ftp to windows

Hi I am trying to do an ftp to window w2k using the script ------------------------------------------------------ #!/bin/ksh #script2 I found this script on UNIX script website userstr="dt4406\iusr_vantage_dev" W2Kservername="130.13.1.165" pwstr="verint1!" file1="TRP1run.sql"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: avivcohen
4 Replies

5. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

6. Solaris

FTP from Windows to Solaris

Dear All, As I am new to Solaris ..I need some help How is FTP access given from Windows machine to solaris machine. The scenario is that : I have a Xp host system and Solaris as my guest OS in my vmware. I need to tranfer some files from Windows to Solaris.? I am using... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharat_
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem syntax with user-defined function

Hi ! I got a script from Arabic to Roman numeral conversion - .comp.lang.awk, that I would like to modify to apply it on my input file. input ("|"-delimited fields): AAAAAA|1, 10, 13, 14, 25, 60 wanted output: AAAAAA|I, X, XIII, XIV, XXV, LX script.awk: #!/usr/bin/gawk -f ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help syntax to restore partition from ftp

Hi, I found info on the internet to backup a partition to ftp. But I am unable to properly format the syntax to restore the partition. This is being done from a ssh logged in session to a server booted with a liveCD. backup: dd if=/dev/sda5 bs=2048 conv=noerror,sync | lftp -u user,passwd... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chang-li
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Simple FTP Script Here Syntax

I have a list of IP address and want to be assess whether FTP is allowing FTP access. I don't want to use lousy NT shell, but cannot get the syntax down on this. ftphosts.txt is a simple list of IP adresses. I want to iterate through the IPS and do a simple ftp IPadress user ftp password... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdotoli
15 Replies
FTPUSERS(5)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						       FTPUSERS(5)

NAME
ftpusers - list of users that may not log in via the FTP daemon DESCRIPTION
The text file ftpusers contains a list of users that may not log in using the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server daemon. This file is used not merely for system administration purposes but for improving security within a TCP/IP networked environment. It will typically contain a list of the users that either have no business using ftp or have too many privileges to be allowed to log in through the FTP server daemon. Such users usually include root, daemon, bin, uucp, and news. If your FTP server daemon doesn't use ftpusers then it is suggested that you read its documentation to find out how to block access for certain users. Washington University FTP server Daemon (wuftpd) and Professional FTP Daemon (proftpd) are known to make use of ftpusers. Format The format of ftpusers is very simple. There is one account name (or username) per line. Lines starting with a # are ignored. FILES
/etc/ftpusers SEE ALSO
passwd(5), proftpd(8), wuftpd(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2000-08-27 FTPUSERS(5)