Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mksysb Equivalent For Linux?
Operating Systems Linux Mksysb Equivalent For Linux? Post 302290459 by mark54g on Monday 23rd of February 2009 10:57:23 AM
Old 02-23-2009
This is the closest and best I can think of

Mondo Rescue - GPL disaster recovery solution

Another option is LVM snapshot for your system/important directories and then tar/pipe them to lzma (faster/better than bzip2). You can write the scripts yourself or search for somebody else's on google.

LVM snapshotting allows you to also capture the logical volumes and only needs the space that the delta data would require. You can back up the snapshot and ensure a consistent state, then destroy the snapshot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

windows startup equivalent in linux

hi all, greetings, please tell me how to start a java GUI program in the startup of the machine. since it invokes a GUI is it possiable to entry the same in /etc/rc2.d/S99userdefinedfiles. thanks in advance ., :-) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
1 Replies

2. Linux

Linux equivalent for daemon2

Hi all... In my Unix system a program exists called "daemon2" which is responsible to enqueue program executions. For example, if I want to make the system to enqueue lpr executions for certain users, I call daemon2 with lpr as the parameter. Is there an equivalent in Linux? Thanks Jaime (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstuardo
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ufsdump equivalent in linux and unix

Hi all, I am preparing for a worst case scenario. Say i have a production server A, should A fails ( for whatever reason), i want another server B to take over. How can i move everything from A to B? Assuming i have regular backup of A. I've searched in the forums, and briefly came across... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Equivalent for iostat -e in AIX HP-UX Linux

iostat -e gives the soft, hard and transport error information in Solaris. What is the equivalent command in the other flavors of Unix AIX HP Linux. Thanks Prasi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasi_in
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

hp-ux mksysb equivalent

Hi Guys, Does hp-ux has mksysb equivalent with aix? Or something similar that you can save the system config. Or you just backup the boot image, that's it. Thanks in advance, itik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

6. Linux

Linux equivalent for...

I moved to a Linux system from Windows a few months ago. Most of the programs I had been using were already native to Linux (Firefox, the GIMP, Pari, etc.) and most others I found a close enough program (Crimson Editor -> gedit, Visual Studio -> KDevelop, Primo -> Morain's ECPP). Now I'm down... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
1 Replies

7. Programming

WSAAsyncSelect equivalent for linux

Hello, I'm writing a multi-threaded socket server in C++ and I needed something like wsaasyncselect to handle messages like fd_accept, fd_read, fd_connect, fd_close. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucastonon
2 Replies

8. Linux

/etc/netmasks equivalent in linux

Hi Guys, I am used to configuring DHCP on Solaris and foreach subnet added I place a corresponding entry in /etc/netmasks. I am now looking at configuring DHCP on linux, is there an equivalnet entry required somewhere or is this not needed in linux Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

NFS_v4_fail_over_timeout equivalent in Linux

Hi, I need to mount a replicated nfs4 export on a number of AIX and Redhat hosts. To get the failover on the clients working smoothly, I need to change certain values on the AIX boxes like nfs_v4_fail_over_timeout, timeo and retrans values. Since I have no clue about Linux, I am not quite sure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Linux equivalent for UNIX

I have a folder called "log" which has a few sub-folders say "fda" "fd7" "fdd" "fd6 .... " I wish to fire the below command inside each subfolder starting with the folder with the latest time stamp. grep "$greptime.*exit" Prod.$(hostname).log | grep $fdrdate_new If the seach did not yield... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
LVDISPLAY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      LVDISPLAY(8)

NAME
lvdisplay - display attributes of a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvdisplay [-c|--colon] [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [--maps] [-P|--partial] [-v|--verbose] LogicalVolumePath [Logi- calVolumePath...] DESCRIPTION
lvdisplay allows you to see the attributes of a logical volume like size, read/write status, snapshot information etc. lvs (8) is an alternative that provides the same information in the style of ps (1). lvs is recommended over lvdisplay. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. -c, --colon Generate colon separated output for easier parsing in scripts or programs. N.B. lvs (8) provides considerably more control over the output. The values are: * logical volume name * volume group name * logical volume access * logical volume status * internal logical volume number * open count of logical volume * logical volume size in sectors * current logical extents associated to logical volume * allocated logical extents of logical volume * allocation policy of logical volume * read ahead sectors of logical volume * major device number of logical volume * minor device number of logical volume -m, --maps Display the mapping of logical extents to physical volumes and physical extents. Examples "lvdisplay -v /dev/vg00/lvol2" shows attributes of that logical volume. If snapshot logical volumes have been created for this original logical volume, this command shows a list of all snapshot logical volumes and their status (active or inactive) as well. "lvdisplay /dev/vg00/snapshot" shows the attributes of this snapshot logical volume and also which original logical volume it is associated with. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), lvcreate(8), lvscan(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.44-cvs (02-17-09) LVDISPLAY(8)