Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Error after installing 2nd hard disk on Solaris 10? Post 302290423 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 23rd of February 2009 08:27:41 AM
Old 02-23-2009
the thread is over 2 years old... i'll close it down for now. if the op still needs help, please contact me via pm and i'll reopen this thread!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Solaris in Bran new Hard disk..

Hello there !!! I am going to install solaris 8 on brand new hard disk, which i just attatched with computer. Hard disk is already formated or do i have to use some kind of fdisk prior to install solaris ? OR solaris automatically format this new hard disk ? How does this work with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fomatting Solaris Hard Disk.

Hi Friends ! How long does it take to format a hard disk under Solaris ? Once the format starts, what data will be cleared or deleted first ? i.e whether the OS is cleared or all the data other than OS is cleared first ? Then, if the format starts and the power goes off, can i retrieve data?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrgubbala
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Detecting hard or soft disk errors in Solaris

I am looking for some tips or suggestions in how to do the following. 1) From a Solaris server, I run the command iostat -En and receive output that is similiar to the following which shows your disks along with the cdrom/dvdrom: c0t2d0 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunsysadm2003
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Write protected hard disk on Solaris 9

Hi Peeps, Trying to run analyze and verify on a disk, it won't as it's telling me the disk is write protected. Anyone got any ideas on how to remove the write protection???? Didn't even know you could write protect hard disks. Thanks for any advice Marty (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to utilize the 2nd hard disk space in x86 solaris 5.10

I have 2 hard disks ,one hard disk(40gb) completely for windows Os,and the other(120gb) for solaris Os. In the second hard disk.I have utilised around 10gb for the solaris installation and also partitioned with the available 10gb space for the solaris x86 OS. Now i need to utilise the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaprakash
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 8 - Removable hard disk

Hi Gurus, I have difficulty in configuring removable hard disk in Solaris 8. I have connected hard disk to machine but I do not know how to configure it. Kindly tell me, how should I configure it .. so that I can create a mount point on this and write files to them. Regards Srini (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri243
7 Replies

7. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies

8. Solaris

Hard disk resizing Solaris

Dear All, I have a task of resizing the Solaris Partitions. This server contains SVM. Kindly let me know the steps in resizing the partitions and precautions. Regards Rj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
3 Replies

9. Solaris

solaris hard disk not detected

Dear all, I have a Sol 10 server. When I put df -h , it is showing the mount points of all file systems, but when I format the server it is showing the below output bash-3.00# format Searching for disks...done No disks found! Pl let me know what is the problem for this. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use a old window hard disk on Solaris ??

Hi, How can i use a old window 200Gb IDE harddisk on Solaris8. At the Solaris 8 install utility, it could only detect 50Mb for space ! Is the format wrong ? Do i need to re-do the partition ? I am using a Sunblade150 with solaris8 Thank u for the help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Snubber
1 Replies
PTHREAD_DETACH(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					 PTHREAD_DETACH(3)

NAME
pthread_detach -- detach a thread LIBRARY
POSIX Threads Library (libpthread, -lpthread) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach(pthread_t thread); DESCRIPTION
The pthread_detach() function is used to indicate to the implementation that storage for the thread thread can be reclaimed when the thread terminates. If thread has not terminated, pthread_detach() will not cause it to terminate. The effect of multiple pthread_detach() calls on the same target thread is unspecified. RETURN VALUES
If successful, the pthread_detach() function will return zero. Otherwise an error number will be returned to indicate the error. Note that the function does not change the value of errno as it did for some drafts of the standard. These early drafts also passed a pointer to pthread_t as the argument. Beware! ERRORS
The pthread_detach() function will fail if: [EINVAL] The implementation has detected that the value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. [ESRCH] No thread could be found corresponding to that specified by the given thread ID, thread. SEE ALSO
pthread_join(3) STANDARDS
The pthread_detach() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9945-1:1996 (``POSIX.1''). BSD
April 4, 1996 BSD