Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Zones not in ufs
Operating Systems Solaris Zones not in ufs Post 302290375 by jegaraman on Monday 23rd of February 2009 05:21:20 AM
Old 02-23-2009
Hi All,

During patching yes....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UFS partition

Hi all, I have FreeBSD and Debian in my HD, the FreeBSD partition is very small and I'd like to change. I try to use partition magic but it does not work with UFS parition. Anyone know a good partition software? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SeVEn
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

UFS benifits

Hi, Can anyone tell me the benifits of having UFS filesystem Regards, Raja (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
5 Replies

3. Solaris

UFS Version

Hi, Can anyone help me. I would like to know the ufs version on solaris 7 & 8. Also i would like to know is there any command to verify it. Regards, Raja (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
1 Replies

4. Solaris

UFS logging

I have a couple of servers where something weird is going on. When I run the command "mount | grep logging" I get something similair to this / on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 read/write/setuid/devices/intr/largefiles/logging/xattr/onerror=panic/dev=220000 But when I look at /etc/vfstab I dont... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
6 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

difference between ExtX and UFS

hello all, i want to know the major differences between the unix filesystem and the linux ext filesystem i.e the datastructure or additional attributes that makes up the major difference. i would also like to know what operating systems currently use ufs1 and ufs2. help me thanx in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anwerreyaz
0 Replies

6. Solaris

How to create a 2 TB UFS filesystem?

Hi, I have a 2,1 TB RAID0 Array (3- 750GB discs). I have Solaris 10 x86 installed. When I try to create a volume on this drive I receive the following error: " WARNING: /pci@0/pci8086/..../sd@6,0 (sd7) disk capacity is too large for current cbd length " I assume I can not format... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: narrok
5 Replies

7. AIX

Ufs

Hi i have 2 know the full details of unix file systems. some one please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathish2win
1 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris zones Error : "Not in ufs"

Hi All, I have a doubt in solaris zoness where I have some of my local zones in "running state" when i try to install my patch on the global zone which will be automatically applied to all local zones , It says the local zones are not in ufs. So i tried to halt all local zones , it says... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
7 Replies

9. Solaris

UFS defragmentation

is there any other/better way to defragment the ufs slice instead of backup+restore? how to tell which slice needs defragmenting? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies
ncheck_ufs(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    ncheck_ufs(1M)

NAME
ncheck_ufs - generate pathnames versus i-numbers for ufs file systems SYNOPSIS
ncheck -F ufs [generic_options] [-o m] [special]... DESCRIPTION
ncheck -F ufs generates a pathname versus i-number list of files for the ufs file system residing on special. Names of directory files are followed by `/.'. OPTIONS
See ncheck(1M) for the list of generic_options supported. -o Specify ufs file system specific options. The available option is: m Print mode information. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ff(1M), ncheck(1M), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
When the file system structure is improper, `??' denotes the "parent" of a parentless file and a pathname beginning with `...' denotes a loop. SunOS 5.11 18 Dec 1991 ncheck_ufs(1M)