Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl compilation errror on Linux 9.0 Post 302290308 by allways4u21 on Monday 23rd of February 2009 03:03:53 AM
Old 02-23-2009
Bug

I got the answer: - Install perl packge with root. After that this issue is resolved.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

PHP 5 Compilation on Linux

Hi ! I'm tring to compile php-5.0.3 on Linux RH AS 2.1 with Informix functions support. And I've recieved following messages: # ./configure --with-informix --with-apache=/usr/src/Apache/apache_1.3.23 creating cache ./config.cache checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu checking for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank_a
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ppp errror message in logs

I am getting this message in the log file. Apr 29 15:32:02 router ppp: Warning: Label COPYRIGHT rejected -direct connection: Configuration label not found This repeats every so often, the link is up however...Any ideas why i am getting this. Its freebsd 6.1 and pppoE. Frank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compilation

Hi All, We have a C program existing in one of the folders which I have to modify a lil bit, When I'm trying to compile the program using GCC or CC command its showing as ksh: gcc: not found is that mean there is no compiler or do I have to verify for something, please advice Thank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diggermf
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl linux file name validation

Hi Everyone, #!/usr/bin/perl $a = ".a!"; if ($a =~ s///g) { print "invalid file name\n"; } else { print "valid file name\n"; } but the output is: Invalid range "_-." in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m// at ./a.pl line 5. the linux file name should be A-Z, a-z,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
8 Replies

5. Solaris

MySQL Authentication errror 1251 on Solaris.

I am trying to connect to MySQL installed on windows from Solaris machine. While doing this getting error as: "Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client; errno = 1251" I have installed mysql-5.1.34-solaris10-sparc.tar.gz on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit_27
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compilation

Hi All, Do we have a way to compile a shell program? I am using ksh/bash/sh and not CSH. Cheers Ravi (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
12 Replies

7. Linux

Linux kernel compilation

I have complied the kernel with a default settings... now if I load this kernel , it'll load perfectly but the INTERNET is not workink... I think in the default settings The network modules are not included.. Can anybody help me out with the selection of the network module when i give "make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naresh046
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the File name of perl executable in Linux

Hi All, I just want to know how to get the executable name of the perl script as i know "$0" will give me the script name but i want to know the executable name which i got it from the script using pp command. Regards Raj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kar_333
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installation of perl on Linux machine

When i try to run the configure command i am getting below error. Please assist. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
7 Replies
Module::Install::AutoLicense(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Module::Install::AutoLicense(3pm)

NAME
Module::Install::AutoLicense - A Module::Install extension to automagically generate LICENSE files SYNOPSIS
# In Makefile.PL use inc::Module::Install; author 'Vestan Pants'; license 'perl'; auto_license; An appropriate "LICENSE" file will be generated for your distribution. DESCRIPTION
Module::Install::AutoLicense is a Module::Install extension that generates a "LICENSE" file automatically whenever the author runs "Makefile.PL". On the user side it does nothing. When "make distclean" is invoked by the author, the "LICENSE" is removed. The appropriate license to determined from the meta provided with the "license" command and the holder of the license from the "author" command. Software::License is used to generate the "LICENSE" file. COMMANDS
This plugin adds the following Module::Install command: "auto_license" Does nothing on the user-side. On the author-side it will generate a "LICENSE" file according to the previously supplied "license" command. The "holder" of the license is determined from the "author" meta or may be specified using the "holder" parameter. auto_license( holder => 'Vestan Pants and Ivor Biggun' ); It is important to note that the "auto_license" must follow "author" and "license" commands in the "Makefile.PL" ( as demonstrated in the SYNOPSIS above ), otherwise the meta these commands provide will be unavailable to "auto_license". Call it a feature. AUTHOR
Chris "BinGOs" Williams LICENSE
Copyright X Chris Williams This module may be used, modified, and distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. Please see the license that came with your Perl distribution for details. SEE ALSO
Module::Install Software::License perl v5.14.2 2010-04-30 Module::Install::AutoLicense(3pm)