Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting file content in an array PERL Post 302290164 by e_prof on Sunday 22nd of February 2009 05:37:10 AM
Old 02-22-2009
I have to say thank you for the answers!

KevinADC I think it works. I'll try it later because there is not enough time at the moment.

The solution mentioned by sudhir_onweb I tried for myself and the effect was the same I said before.

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

formating array file output using perl

Hello, I am trying to output the values in an array to a file. The output needs to be formated such that each array value is left jusified in a field 8 character spaces long. Also, no more than 6 fields on a line. For example: @array= 1..14; Needs to be output to the file like so: 1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seismic_willy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl search and replace file content.

I am not sure if this is doable. I am trying to open and print the content of the file by replacing all instances fo perl to PERL . This is my code but it is giving me the number count instead of the actual lines with changes. open (PERLHISTORY, 'sample.txt') or die "The file sample.txt could... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl -write values in a file to @array in perl

Hi can anyone suggest me how to write a file containing values,... say 19 20 21 22 .. 40 to an array @array = (19, 20, ... 40) -- Thanks (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghana
27 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array in Perl - Detect several file to be in one array

Hi everyone I have one question about using array in perl. let say I have several log file in one folder.. example test1.log test2.log test3.log and the list goes on.. how to make an array for this file? It suppose to detect log file in the current directory and all the log file will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayachop
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store content from array to Spread_sheet using perl

How to store the content from array to either "row-column" or "column-row" order? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavi.mogu
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl extract content of file

I'm using Mail::Internet module, which will basically filter through email content and extract the body of the message my perl script to extract the body of the email #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Mail::Internet; @lines = <STDIN>; $mi_obj = new Mail::Internet(); ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amlife
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print @array content to a file

Hi, as the title, I have an array @f_lines with gene information in it. How can I put the content of @f_lines into a file so that I can read it? I tried this: open(OUTPUT, "file"); # put gene information in this file; @f_lines = ("gene1", "gene2", "gene3"...); # gene information; print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyni2ULF
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file content in perl

Hi All, I have a file content like this. #<clear_category_list> #<include file="SUITE:Provision-FLEXPONDER_FAC.inc"> #<include file="CAT:SYSTEM:SAS_U23.inc"> #<include file="CAT:PRIORITY:10.inc"> #<include file="CAT:FAC_TYPE:OC48.inc"> #<include file="CAT:FAC_TYPE:OC192.inc">... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed Imran
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl SCript to read file content (if else statemenet)

Hi All, I wanted to write a perl script to read the content in a file,the file content is either 0 (zero) OR 1. The idea is like this. If (content =1), then it will proceed to perform some step. and then update the file content to 0(zero) else if (content =0), it will update the content to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hploh
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh: how compare content of a file with an other array

Hi, I created a skript in ksh which generate a file with semicolon as separator, this is an example of the file a created: example content file: hello;AAAA;2014-08-17 hello;BBBB;2014-08-17 hello;CCCC;2014-08-17 I would need to compare the content in of the second column of this file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmartin
3 Replies
TIMES(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  TIMES(2)

NAME
times - get process times SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/times.h> clock_t times(struct tms *buf); DESCRIPTION
The times() function stores the current process times in the struct tms that buf points to. The struct tms is as defined in <sys/times.h>: struct tms { clock_t tms_utime; /* user time */ clock_t tms_stime; /* system time */ clock_t tms_cutime; /* user time of children */ clock_t tms_cstime; /* system time of children */ }; The tms_utime field contains the CPU time spent executing instructions of the calling process. The tms_stime field contains the CPU time spent in the system while executing tasks on behalf of the calling process. The tms_cutime field contains the sum of the tms_utime and tms_cutime values for all waited-for terminated children. The tms_cstime field contains the sum of the tms_stime and tms_cstime values for all waited-for terminated children. Times for terminated children (and their descendants) is added in at the moment wait(2) or waitpid(2) returns their process ID. In particu- lar, times of grandchildren that the children did not wait for are never seen. All times reported are in clock ticks. RETURN VALUE
The function times returns the number of clock ticks that have elapsed since an arbitrary point in the past. For Linux this point is the moment the system was booted. This return value may overflow the possible range of type clock_t. On error, (clock_t) -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. NOTES
The number of clock ticks per second can be obtained using sysconf(_SC_CLK_TCK); In POSIX-1996 the symbol CLK_TCK (defined in <time.h>) is mentioned as obsolescent. It is obsolete now. On Linux, if the disposition of SIGCHLD is set to SIG_IGN then the times of terminated children are automatically included in the tms_cstime and tms_cutime fields, although POSIX 1003.1-2001 says that this should only happen if the calling process wait()s on its chil- dren. Note that clock(3) returns values of type clock_t that are not measured in clock ticks but in CLOCKS_PER_SEC. CONFORMING TO
SVr4, SVID, POSIX, X/OPEN, BSD 4.3 HISTORICAL NOTES
SVr1-3 returns long and the struct members are of type time_t although they store clock ticks, not seconds since the epoch. V7 used long for the struct members, because it had no type time_t yet. On older systems the number of clock ticks per second is given by the variable HZ. SEE ALSO
time(1), getrusage(2), wait(2), clock(3), sysconf(3) Linux 2002-06-14 TIMES(2)