Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Exit out of the Script Command inside a Script Post 302289891 by jmungai on Friday 20th of February 2009 04:26:25 PM
Old 02-20-2009
vbe. Sometimes the simplest of solutions works! I redirected the output > and it works like a charm. Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using exit command in a shell script

Can it be done? If so, how? I would like a script to contain the exit command, and log me off at script completion. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpprial
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Emdedding my script in to exit command

Hi, How can I call my shell script, when I execute 'exit' command? For eg. I am logging out the root login by 'exit' command. My script 'colinfo' shold execute before logging out. I don't want to use any wrapper script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with EXIT command inside if

Hi All, I want to use EXIT command in a particular scenario. In my script,its like that:- if($vairable -eq 1);then do this thing do this do this fi if($var2 -eq 1);then do this do this fi like this there are three four if conditions. now I want is that if second condition is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aruncser
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the exit status of a command in nner script to the outer script?

Hi all, I have a shell script inside which i am executing another shell script. In the inner script im executing a command. i want the status of that command in the outer script to perform some validations. How to get its status please help!!1 Im using ksh. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayaraman
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit script when shutdown or reboot command is given

This is probably a simple question, but I'm new with writing scripts for Linux (IPFire in this case) and Google wasn't helpful with this. When creating a script, what is the best and/or proper way to have it exit automatically if the reboot or shutdown command is given? If that's even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bartgrefte
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing 'exit' command from shell script

Hi, I am writing shell script to automate few use cases for CLI interface. We have CLI interface which has bunch of commands. I am trying to execute one of the commands 'exit' as part of automation to exit from CLI object (not from shell script) in my shell script. My intension is to execute... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahesh Desai
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using script command inside a script or emulating it

My script needs to take a folder path to the location of a C program, and run the program until the user selects exit in his C program. The script needs to create a transcript to a text file while the C program is running. Creating a transcript can be easily done with the script command but it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syntax_eror
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux shell | how to exit a script if any command fails.

Hi, i am new here let me say HI for all. now i have a question please: i am sending one command to my machine to create 3 names. if one of the names exists then the box return error message that already have the name but will continue to create the rests. How i can break the command and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amiri
7 Replies
BOOM(1)                                                      CAO-VLSI Reference Manual                                                     BOOM(1)

NAME
BOOM - BOOlean Minimization ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr SYNOPSIS
boom [-VTOAP] [-l num] [-d num] [-i num] [-a num] [-sjbgpwtmorn] filename [outname] DESCRIPTION
BOOM is used for the first step of the synthesis process. It optimizes a behavioural description using a Reduced Ordered Binary Decision Diagram representation of logic functions. The file filename is the input behavioural description and must be written in vbe(5) format. The resulting behavioural optimized description is saved with the name outname or input_name_o in vbe(5) format. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
MBK_WORK_LIB(1) indicates the path to the read/write directory for the session. OPTIONS
-V Verbose mode on. Each step of the optimization is displayed on the standard output. -T Trace mode on. Some debug informations are displayed on the standard output. -O Reverses initial Bdd variables order. -A BOOM performs a local optimization and keeps the architecture of the initial description by saving most of the intermediate sig- nals. This mode is well-suited for big or regular circuits such as multipliers, adders. By default BOOM performs a global opti- mization and removes most of the intermediate signals so that the outputs are expressed in terms of the inputs or the internal registers. This mode is well-suited for random circuits such as FSMs. -P Uses a parameter file input_name.boom describing optimization directives and constraints. (see below for the exact syntax) # Example of .boom file # # The list of auxiliary signals that have to be kept # during optimization. # Generally carry signals, ram address signals etc ... # BEGIN_KEEP carry[3:0] ram_address[3:0] END # # The list of auxiliary signals which assigned # expression won't be modified. # Generally it's ram output signals. # BEGIN_DONT_TOUCH ram_out[7:0] END -l num Specifies the optimization level [0-3] (default is 0, low level). -d num Specifies the delay optimization percent (default is 0% delay, 100% surface). -i num Specifies the number of iterations for the choosen optimization algorithm (for experts only). -a num Specifies the amplitude during bdd reordering (for experts only). -sjbgpwtmorn Specifies which algorithm has to be used for the boolean optimization. SEE ALSO
boom(5), vbe(5), asimut(1), boog(1), MBK_WORK_LIB(1). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 August 25, 2000 BOOM(1)