Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NFS problems (Debian)
Operating Systems Linux Debian NFS problems (Debian) Post 302289746 by sixstrings on Friday 20th of February 2009 10:42:16 AM
Old 02-20-2009
what does /var/log/messages show?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS server problems [merged]

I have a machine A NFS mounted on machine B I am doing a build from machine B on the MFS mounted dir of machine A but I keep getting the following: NFS server A not responding still trying. I go to machine A and can log onto machine A and everything seems fine. How do I go about finding... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: brv
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO NFS problems

Hi, I've got a really old system we use for call logging. The OS is SCO 3.2 uname -a output SCO_SV bts7053 3.2 2 i386 the problem we are having is that its no longer doing its backups. The original problem was the tape drive, which has been replaced twice now. Because the company are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johno12345
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nfs mount and links removal problems.

Ok, so I have an nfs mount setup and within it there are symbolic links to other directories and such. So anyways I created a link to a directory like so ln -s /var/stuff/more/stuff/here/ stuff/ and i ended up with directory stuff with link 'here' inside. so i was pieved and decided... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VRoemer
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS Problems

I am having a really bad day today. I am trying to get an nfs mount to work. I want to have a mount from machinea:/home going to /home on machineb. I can mount machinea:/home on any mount point EXCEPT /home and see the files. I can not see the files or list the directory (it hangs) when I mount... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbathrick
17 Replies

5. Solaris

Having problems starting up NFS on an OpenSolaris box

I am trying to set up an OpenSolaris box to be an NFS server. The OpenSolaris version is 2008.11. The kernel (uname -a output) is: SunOS minime-28 5.11 snv_101b i86pc i386 i86pc It is running ZFS but I know nothing about ZFS. I have an entry in the /etc/dfs/dfstab file: share -F... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sqa777
1 Replies

6. Debian

Debian Lenny update problems

Hi everybody! I have a very big problem, I can not make any updates on my debian lenny. I get everytime this errors with apt-get update: Err http://security.debian.org lenny/updates Release.gpg Connection failed Err http://www.backports.org lenny-backports Release.gpg Connection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magge
2 Replies

7. AIX

NFS mount problems on AIX

Hi, I have two machines (AIX) each on a different VLAN. Need to mount a filesystem using nfs on the other one. When I export the nfs file system its a breeze. But when I try to mount it on the other machine the smitty command hangs on "running" and i get an OK from smitty but with this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

NFS problems

Hi All, I hoping someone can help me get my NFS working properly. I don't know why I'm having little issues... Overall, NFS is working, therefore, the problem may not be with NFS. I can ssh to remote nodes and view NFS shared directories (/home). Here is the problem, when on a node and I open a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bic121
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Memory problems in NFS client server

Hi all, i have some doubts in a situation that i fail to get an answer in Google. I have a solaris 10 nfs server and 5 centos 6.0 nfs clients. The problem/situation is that in the clients the free memory is "disappearing" along the time (passing to used)..and it gets free if i umount the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blast
5 Replies
LAST,LASTB(1)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					     LAST,LASTB(1)

NAME
last, lastb - show listing of last logged in users SYNOPSIS
last [-R] [-num] [ -n num ] [-adFiowx] [ -f file ] [ -t YYYYMMDDHHMMSS ] [name...] [tty...] lastb [-R] [-num] [ -n num ] [ -f file ] [-adFiowx] [name...] [tty...] DESCRIPTION
Last searches back through the file /var/log/wtmp (or the file designated by the -f flag) and displays a list of all users logged in (and out) since that file was created. Names of users and tty's can be given, in which case last will show only those entries matching the arguments. Names of ttys can be abbreviated, thus last 0 is the same as last tty0. When last catches a SIGINT signal (generated by the interrupt key, usually control-C) or a SIGQUIT signal (generated by the quit key, usu- ally control-), last will show how far it has searched through the file; in the case of the SIGINT signal last will then terminate. The pseudo user reboot logs in each time the system is rebooted. Thus last reboot will show a log of all reboots since the log file was created. Lastb is the same as last, except that by default it shows a log of the file /var/log/btmp, which contains all the bad login attempts. OPTIONS
-f file Tells last to use a specific file instead of /var/log/wtmp. -num This is a count telling last how many lines to show. -n num The same. -t YYYYMMDDHHMMSS Display the state of logins as of the specified time. This is useful, e.g., to determine easily who was logged in at a particular time -- specify that time with -t and look for "still logged in". -f file Specifies a file to search other than /var/log/wtmp. -R Suppresses the display of the hostname field. -a Display the hostname in the last column. Useful in combination with the next flag. -d For non-local logins, Linux stores not only the host name of the remote host but its IP number as well. This option translates the IP number back into a hostname. -F Print full login and logout times and dates. -i This option is like -d in that it displays the IP number of the remote host, but it displays the IP number in numbers-and-dots nota- tion. -o Read an old-type wtmp file (written by linux-libc5 applications). -w Display full user and domain names in the output. -x Display the system shutdown entries and run level changes. NOTES
The files wtmp and btmp might not be found. The system only logs information in these files if they are present. This is a local configura- tion issue. If you want the files to be used, they can be created with a simple touch(1) command (for example, touch /var/log/wtmp). FILES
/var/log/wtmp /var/log/btmp AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl SEE ALSO
shutdown(8), login(1), init(8) Jul 31, 2004 LAST,LASTB(1)