Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace aword in a.The replaced word should not be overwitten in perl(details inside) Post 302289633 by pludi on Friday 20th of February 2009 04:45:44 AM
Old 02-20-2009
What you've got so far? Because based on your description it suspiciously sounds like homework.
A good start would be looking at the description of the Perl functions opendir, readdir, glob, and rename (either with perldoc -f <function> or online)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl log parcer. (for custom logs details inside)

OS:sol8 ok 2 things are very important. I will give examples of the logs and the client file for testing. Object: to display on the web sometime to parse your custom logs basied on the inputed date and client selected. I know alot of ppl are like who care. but i saw a perl script on here... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl (word by word check if a hash key)

Hi, Now i work in a code that 1-get data stored in the database in the form of hash table with a key field which is the " Name" 2-in the same time i open a txt file and loop through it word by word 3- which i have a problem in is that : I need to loop word by word and check if it is a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eng_shimaa
0 Replies

3. Programming

PERL, search and replace inside foreach loop

Hello All, Im a Hardware engineer, I have written this script to automate my job. I got stuck in the following location. CODE: .. .. ... foreach $key(keys %arr_hash) { my ($loc,$ind,$add) = split /,/, $arr_hash{$key}; &create_verilog($key, $loc, $ind ,$add); } sub create_verilog{... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: riyasnr007
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: replace multiple word on a line

Hi All, If I have a line as following: ( MA "vertical" ) How can I convert it to as below: ( BC "horizontal" ) Thanks, --Michael (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mxn731
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a word in a string starting with another word

Hi All, I have a file in which a number of lines are starting with similar first word but different next words. I want to replace the any nth word(not 1st or 2nd) with another word. Eg:- My file contains are like this:- Ram is a boy. Ram is a good boy. Ram plays cricket. Here I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukeshbaranwal
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a word in all the files (that contain the word) under a directory

Hi Everyone, I am looking for a simple way for replacing all the files under a directory that use the server "xsgd1234dap" with "xsdr3423pap". For Example: In the Directory, $pwd /home/nick $ grep -l "xsgd1234dap" *.sh | wc -l 119 I have "119" files that are still using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filter
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Need to mount LUN on two linux boxs (one rw the other ro) caveat details inside

Calling all Linux GURU's. The purpose of this thread is to try an recreate what we already have stood up in my environment, however the steps i am having to produce my own. I have got multiple applications that dump the data to various LUNs, the LUNs are managed by an Enterprise SAN... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcejka
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl command to replace word in file...

Hi, I want to search for a specific word in file and replace whole line with new text. e.g. 1) I have file with below lines APP=ABCD 12/12/2012 DB=DDB 01/01/2013 I need perl command which will check for APP=$VAL and replace whole line with APP=$NEWVAL $NEWDT Simlarly need a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgpatil31
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace exact word by perl

my inputfile: This is a test and only a test for production - prod. echo "This is a test and only a test for production - prod" | perl -pi -e 's/prod/test/g' outputfile: This is a test and only a test for testuction - test I only want to replace prod, not production. I also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: loktamann
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with compare 2 column content and corrected/replaced word

Input File CGGCGCCTCGCNNNCGAGCG CGGCGCGCCGAATCCGTGCG TCGCNGC GCGCCGC ACGGCNNNNN ACGGCCTCGCG CGGCNGCCCGCCC CGGCGCGCCGTCC Desired Output File CGGCGCCTCGCNNNCGAGCG CGGCGCGCCGAATCCGTGCG CGGCGCCTCGCATCCGAGCG TCGCNGC GCGCCGC TCGCCGC ACGGCNNNNN ACGGCCTCGCG ACGGCTCGCG... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
6 Replies
GIT-SH-I18N(1)							    Git Manual							    GIT-SH-I18N(1)

NAME
git-sh-i18n - Git's i18n setup code for shell scripts SYNOPSIS
. "$(git --exec-path)/git-sh-i18n" DESCRIPTION
This is not a command the end user would want to run. Ever. This documentation is meant for people who are studying the Porcelain-ish scripts and/or are writing new ones. The 'git sh-i18n scriptlet is designed to be sourced (using .) by Git's porcelain programs implemented in shell script. It provides wrappers for the GNU gettext and eval_gettext functions accessible through the gettext.sh script, and provides pass-through fallbacks on systems without GNU gettext. FUNCTIONS
gettext Currently a dummy fall-through function implemented as a wrapper around printf(1). Will be replaced by a real gettext implementation in a later version. eval_gettext Currently a dummy fall-through function implemented as a wrapper around printf(1) with variables expanded by the git-sh- i18n--envsubst(1) helper. Will be replaced by a real gettext implementation in a later version. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-SH-I18N(1)