Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: declare a variable in mysql
Top Forums Programming declare a variable in mysql Post 302289618 by otheus on Friday 20th of February 2009 03:17:56 AM
Old 02-20-2009
cool Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

declare number variable in csh

Hi frind, i="1" while do echo "i is $i" data_file=$HYP_ROOT/import/efcextr$i.txt echo "$data_file" i=`expr $i + 1` done This is woring finly in ksh but not in ksh. in ksh it showing error i=1: Command not found i: Undefined variable Kindly help me ...why it is showing the error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deep_kol
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to declare a variable in Cygwin

I recently installed Cygwin on my windows vista to practice on Linux\unix commands. I am unable to do a simple task of declaring variables on the command prompt I am trying: $ vech=Bus $ echo $vech bash: vech : command not found What am I missing? Do i need to add something to .bashrc? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: erora
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

declare variable

hi to all, i am trying to declare a variable as an integer in unix shell script. i search the web for a way to do it but it doesnt work. i tried "define -i" and "declare" but that doesnt work. if somebody knows another way to declare a variable as integer please help me. thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to declare a variable which can be accessed globally

Hi I've few shell scripts which are responsible for triggering the continuous builds for a specific module. Each shell script is for a Module. Shell script has some module specific settings in the beginning and then it triggers the builds (which are nothing but some combination of Java programs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kgsrinivas
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a shell script variable in a mysql query using 'LIKE'

Hello. I am writing a simple script that reads a text file and removes records from a mysql database. The items in the text file are of the format: firstname.middle.lastXXX, where XXX is a 3 digit number. The table has an email field that will match the firstname.middle.last. So, I thought I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bricoleur
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Declare 5 values to one variable with OR operation

what I'm trying to do is ... need to drop tables w/ names like ABC_NY_2001 ABC_ORD_2001 ABC_TX_2001 ABC_CL_2001 For this, I want to write a query "DROP TABLE ABC_var_2001". now "var" should be either NY, ORD, TX or CL. I'm new to programming so don't know how to create a variable w/ OR... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsowji
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[CSH]legal to declare a variable like this

I am trying to declare a variable like this #!/bin/csh -f set c_arg = $a $b $c However, since i need it to declare before declaring $a ,$b or $c. As of now i am getting an error which says $a not defined. Is it possible to define a variable c_arg w/o interpreting the values $a $b $c (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to declare variable in perl

how can i declare variable in perl. for BLOCK in /sys/block/emcpow* (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting mysql column value in variable

Hello, i have the following code : somevariable=`mysql -u root --password="" databasename -e "select count(column_name) from table_name where id=1 and id_age=2 ; " --skip-column-names -s -N` if ] then .... It gives the message ")syntax error: invalid arithmetic operator (error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juve11
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Declare and grep a variable via ssh/remote/loop

If I am running a bash command, and some awk getting the ethernet adapter on the local machine. It works fine. But if I will run it from the remote, it is EMPTY on echo and throwing error in grep. Thank you This work perfectly fine $ f=`/sbin/ip a|grep 127.127 | awk '{print $NF }' ` ; ip... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies
PMDAMYSQL(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						      PMDAMYSQL(1)

NAME
pmdamysql - MySQL database PMDA DESCRIPTION
pmdamysql is a Performance Co-Pilot PMDA which extracts live performance data from a running MySQL database. INSTALLATION
pmdamysql uses a configuration file from (in this order): o /etc/pcpdbi.conf o $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/mysql.conf This file can contain overridden values (Perl code) for the settings listed at the start of pmdamysql.pl, namely: o database name (see DBI(3) for details) o database user name o database pass word Once this is setup, you can access the names and values for the mysql performance metrics by doing the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql # ./Remove pmdamysql is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. Binary Status values in text Some of the status values are in the form of YES/NO or ON/OFF. Since these cannot be intepreted by tools like PMIE, they have been duplicated with a _num extension and the values of 1 (YES/ON) or 0 (NO/OFF). Eg: o mysql.slave_status.slave_io_running o mysql.slave_status.slave_io_running_num FILES
/etc/pcpdbi.conf configuration file for all PCP database monitors $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/mysql.conf configuration file for pmdamysql $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/Install installation script for the pmdamysql agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/Remove undo installation script for the pmdamysql agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/mysql.log default log file for error messages from pmdamysql SEE ALSO
pmcd(1), pmdadbping.pl(1) and DBI(3). # vi: sw=4 ts=4 et: 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot PMDAMYSQL(1)