Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vgchgid missed one disk
Operating Systems HP-UX vgchgid missed one disk Post 302289570 by kapilraj on Friday 20th of February 2009 01:03:46 AM
Old 02-20-2009
If you have an old vgcfgbackup , You may restore that onto all the PVs. Then retry the vgchgid with all the disks. That will work . It worked for me in 11.23 and some EMC devices.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

asked question about script before missed ansewr..

linux fedora core2 :) i am trying to write a script to clear, date, pwd and tty a linux termnal or konsole.. when I test the tty against $0 i am, getting a premission denied on the terminal that I am trying to printf to.. I tried using an awk command, test condition, an if then fi clause, but... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
6 Replies

2. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

3. Linux

Apache folder missed

Hi, I am confused on apache service. Please advice me There is no apache directory in my linux box. Even I cant find out httpd.conf file also. But If browse my Hostname in Internet Explor, I can able to apache service there. Please How it is working .. This file is available in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find missed numbers

I have a file as follows: 1 3 7 12 78 ... 999998 1000000 I want to find out all numbers not in the file above and put into another file like 2 4 5 6 8 9 10 (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtdt
13 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies
VGCFGRESTORE(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   VGCFGRESTORE(8)

NAME
vgcfgrestore - restore volume group descriptor area SYNOPSIS
vgcfgrestore [-d|--debug] [-f|--file filename] [-l[l]|--list] [-h|--help] [-M|--Metadatatype1|2] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] VolumeGroupName DESCRIPTION
vgcfgrestore allows you to restore the metadata of VolumeGroupName from a text backup file produced by vgcfgbackup. You can specify a backup file with --file. If no backup file is specified, the most recent one is used. Use --list for a list of the available backup and archive files of VolumeGroupName. OPTIONS
-l | --list -- List files pertaining to VolumeGroupName List metadata backup and archive files pertaining to VolumeGroupName. May be used with the -f option. Does not restore Vol- umeGroupName. -f | --file filename -- Name of LVM metadata backup file Specifies a metadata backup or archive file to be used for restoring VolumeGroupName. Often this file has been created with vgcfg- backup. See lvm for common options. REPLACING PHYSICAL VOLUMES
vgdisplay --partial --verbose will show you the UUIDs and sizes of any PVs that are no longer present. If a PV in the VG is lost and you wish to substitute another of the same size, use pvcreate --restorefile filename --uuid uuid (plus additional arguments as appropriate) to initialise it with the same UUID as the missing PV. Repeat for all other missing PVs in the VG. Then use vgcfgrestore --file filename to restore the volume group's metadata. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgcreate(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) VGCFGRESTORE(8)