Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to upgrade AIX5.3TL6-07 to AIX5.3TL8-04? Post 302289555 by kapilraj on Friday 20th of February 2009 12:33:47 AM
Old 02-20-2009
oslevel -rl 5300-08 # Should list those packages which needs an update.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Port/ IP Forwarding AIX5.3

Hi friends i have the following setup machine1 two network adapters one connected to lan the other connected directly to machine2 machine2 is not connected to lan i need to access machine2 directly from the LAN how to force machine1 to forward all traffic received on a specific port the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Husam
1 Replies

2. AIX

Install ssh on AIX5.2

hi Any one help me to install ssh on IBM-AIX5.2 in my machine i have this bellow rpms installed zlib-1.2.3-3 prngd-0.9.23-3 openssl-0.9.7l-2 openssl-doc-0.9.7l-2 openssl-devel-0.9.7l-2 For ssh installing we need ssh rpms but i could not find openssh,openssh-server,openssh-client rpm's in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinni929
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS Logs on AIX5.3

Hi people! In my new job i have 5 servers running AIX 5.3. In the 1st one (BackupSRV) i have a partition (from SAN) mounted on /arquive. This partition its configured with NFS to be used by the other 4 servers. In the 3 servers i can mount without any problems. The 4rd one it gives me an... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfca
8 Replies

4. AIX

ssh on AIX5.2

i got this error while installing ssh package time bash-3.00# installp -d /openssh/ openssh.base installp: No action was indicated. The -a (apply) flag is being assumed. +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ Pre-installation Verification...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinni929
3 Replies

5. AIX

filesystem is full in AIX5.3

Hi, I am new to AIX 5.3.I want to work with it and when I check the space of AIX machine..its /usr is 99% full.So I am not able to add anything in that. filesystem is as below-- So can anyone tell me how can I resize it and increase the size of it. 2nd thing,when I am trying to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
6 Replies

6. AIX

smtctl in AIX5.3

Dear Members :), Curently we are migrating our AIX from 5.2.to 5.3, after migration when we check CPU through nmon it shows double in no i.e we have 8 CPU on our p570 box but nmom shows it 16 after investigation it was found that smtctl was enabled in AIX 5.3,can we disable the smtctl & what is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

7. AIX

Help about identify the SP of my OS (Aix5.3)

Hi, I need to know how can I identify, wich SP is installed in my OS (AIX5.3)? and how can I upgrade it? thanks a lot, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fdeivis
7 Replies

8. AIX

All ports in use - AIX5.3

at least two times my system crashes. Post "all ports in use" imagine being related Telnet connections. The software uses port 33086 (specify for the software - it is the MSM-Mumphs). Someone tell me how can I increase the number of connections to 1000 on AIX 5.3. Today is set 500. After... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vladimir Dias
15 Replies

9. AIX

Kill sessions on AIX5.2

Hi, I have a problem with a server which doesn't stop some sessions. It looks a ghost sessions. I don't have defunct process. I can't find some processes which are executing with the session t41 and t49... Every time, I have to reboot the server to stop those sessions... If someone have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
5 Replies

10. AIX

ZIP is not working in aix5.3

I am trying zip a file in a aix and getting error below #zip -P welcome test.zip test.csv zip error: Invalid command arguments (encryption not supported) Myos details are 5300-04-03 RPM installed are --- $ rpm -q zip zip-2.3-3 Please help me to resovel this. Please use code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkataraju
2 Replies
UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)						 Debian GNU/Linux					    UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)

NAME
update-rcconf-guide - Create default guide file for rcconf SYNOPSIS
update-rcconf-guide DESCRIPTION
Update-rcconf-guide creates the default guide file which rcconf uses. Update-rcconf-guide searches the package names corresponding to each service file in /etc/init.d directory from dpkg info files(/var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list) and get the description of these packages using apt-cache. Update-rcconf-guide uses Short-Description in priority to the description if service files has Short-Description field. Update-rcconf-guide writes those results to /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default file. You can write your own guide in user guide file(/var/lib/rcconf/guide) by hand. Rcconf refers Guides in /var/lib/rcconf/guide before those in /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default. If you install some packages after executed update-rcconf-guide, you need to re-create this file using update-rcconf-guide so as to refresh guide.default that includes new guides for installed new services. Notice: update-rcconf-guide was not executed when you installed rcconf package. FILE
/var/lib/rcconf/guide.default Guide File update-rcconf-guide generates. /var/lib/rcconf/guide Guide File user(Administrator) can define. SEE ALSO
rcconf(8) AUTHOR
Atsushi KAMOSHIDA <kamop@debian.org> perl v5.10.1 2009-01-21 UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)