Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers move all 2008 year's file to destination directory Post 302289511 by ce9888 on Thursday 19th of February 2009 09:06:05 PM
Old 02-19-2009
Try this:

Code:
#/home/mktrisk: find ./ -type f -mtime +50 -print | xargs -n1 -i mv {} /mrk_archive/PG/ftp/data/asia/SI/2008/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calculate directory size by year of file

I need to calcualte the size of a directory by the year the files in that directory were created . For example the script will sum up, by year, the number of blocks for that directory and its' subdirectories for files created / accessed in that year. I need a report that would look like... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: igidttam
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

move file by year/mouth

Hello experts, I have a directory which the files inside have different date. Now I'd like to move them to folder year/mouth (2007/01 , 2007/02) Have any suggestion? thanks in advance for reading or anyposts. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmm951
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

Move files of a certain year to other directory

Hi all, I have a massive amount of recording files in .WAV format stored in a directory, files dating back to 2006. It is a huge amount of files as Linux cannot even do a listing of it all, it states: "argument list too long" What I would like to do is the following: Find all the files of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: codenjanod
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files from source to destination directory based on the filename

Move all files starting with a specific name to different directory. This shell script program should have three parameters File Name Source Directory Destination Directory User should be able to enter ‘AB_CD*' in file name parameter. In this case all the files starting with AB_CD will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chetancrsp18
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find + move if destination path does not exist

hi frnds, please help ... what will happen with below command if destination path does not exist on the system.... find /var/adm/cft* -mtime +1 -exec mv {} /global/ \ in unix its remove all my files from the system from soruce file ... how is it possbile (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the one file and move destination using scripts in AIX?

I have a script which has two output formats in which i'am getting the two different output format in str1 and str2.So i want to get the output if the format is like str1 then i have to copy that into a directory or str2 format means it should be moved.This script i'am executing in shell script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajivgandhi
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the one file and move destination using scripts in AIX?

I have run the one scripts the scripts is provide the two different format of output.How to getting the output. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajivgandhi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a TAR File in a Custom Destination Directory?

I want to create the tarzip file into a destination directory, i am in /var/sftp/home/archive/rquadri directory and i am using below command. However it is creating the file in the /var/sftp/home/archive/rquadri directory itself instead of /tmp, may i please know how do i resolve this. tar -cvzf... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to move gz files from one source directory to destination directory?

Hi All, Daily i am doing the house keeping in one of my server and manually moving the files which were older than 90 days and moving to destination folder. using the find command . Could you please assist me how to put the automation using the shell script . ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script cannot create directory and move the file to that directory

I have a script, which is checking if file exists and move it to another directory if then mkdir -p ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly mv report_manual_alloc_rpt_A_I_ASSIGNMENT.${Today}*.csv ${LOCL_FILES_DIR}/cool_${Today}/monthly ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
9 Replies
GIT-MV(1)							    Git Manual								 GIT-MV(1)

NAME
git-mv - Move or rename a file, a directory, or a symlink SYNOPSIS
git mv <options>... <args>... DESCRIPTION
This script is used to move or rename a file, directory or symlink. git mv [-v] [-f] [-n] [-k] <source> <destination> git mv [-v] [-f] [-n] [-k] <source> ... <destination directory> In the first form, it renames <source>, which must exist and be either a file, symlink or directory, to <destination>. In the second form, the last argument has to be an existing directory; the given sources will be moved into this directory. The index is updated after successful completion, but the change must still be committed. OPTIONS
-f, --force Force renaming or moving of a file even if the target exists -k Skip move or rename actions which would lead to an error condition. An error happens when a source is neither existing nor controlled by GIT, or when it would overwrite an existing file unless -f is given. -n, --dry-run Do nothing; only show what would happen -v, --verbose Report the names of files as they are moved. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-MV(1)