Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove strings of lowercase characters (with minimum length requirement) Post 302289396 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 19th of February 2009 02:19:36 PM
Old 02-19-2009
Start with this:
Code:
sed 's/[a-z]\{7,\}//g'

{7,} means the character class recurs 7 or more times

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

minimum password length

Dear frnds, how i can make the password 5chs minimum length in hp-ux 11i ? pls help regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jestinabel
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 Minimum Sys Requirement

HI all, What the minimum & recommended system requirement for Rhel Linux to get install on it??:( Plz reply ASAp (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

Minimum Sys Requirement

HI all, What the minimum & recommended system requirement for Rhel Linux to get install on it??:( Plz reply ASAp (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. AIX

Minimum System Requirement

HI all, What the minimum & recommended system requirement for IBM AIX to get install on it?? Plz Reply ASAP. (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

minimum hardware requirement for HPUX 11i V3

I am new for HPUX OS and want to pursue my career in HPUX Administration. I could not able to get following information from HP.com site, that why I need an assistance to know that - can I install HPUX 11i V3 OS on old HP B2000 & B1000 workstations (these workstation are 4 to 5 year old) or not,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: remove characters between and including 2 strings

I have the following line: 4/23/2010 0:00:38.000: Copying $$3MSYDDC02$I would like to use sed (or similiar) to remove everthing between and including $ that appears in the line so it ends up like this. 4/23/2010 0:00:38.000: Copying 3MSYDDC02I have been trying these but i'm really just... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file and remove special characters or strings

Hello all I am getting data like col1 | col2 | col3 asdafa | asdfasfa | asf*&^sgê 345./ |sdfasd23425^%^&^ | sdfsa23 êsfsfd | sf(* | sdfsasf My requirement is like I have to to read the file and remove all special characters and hex characters ranging form 00-1f from 1st column, remove %"'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove characters from fixed length file

Hello I've question on the requirement I am working on. We are getting a fixed length file with "33" characters long. We are processing that file loading into DB. Now some times we are getting a file with "35" characters long. In this case I have to remove two characters (in 22,23... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: manasvi24
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter all the lines with minimum specified length of words of a text file

Hi Can someone tell me which script will work best (in terms of speed and simplicity to write and run) for a large text file to filter all the lines with a minimum specified length of words ? A sample script with be definitely of great help !!! Thanks in advance. :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
4 Replies
iswalpha(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					      iswalpha(3C)

NAME
iswalpha, isenglish, isideogram, isnumber, isphonogram, isspecial, iswalnum, iswascii, iswblank, iswcntrl, iswdigit, iswgraph, iswlower, iswprint, iswpunct, iswspace, iswupper, iswxdigit - wide-character code classification functions SYNOPSIS
#include <wchar.h> #include <wctype.h> int iswalpha(wint_t wc); int isenglish(wint_t wc); int isideogram(wint_t wc); int isnumber(wint_t wc); int isphonogram(wint_t wc); int isspecial(wint_t wc); int iswalnum(wint_t wc); int iswascii(wint_t wc); int iswblank(wint_t wc); int iswcntrl(wint_t wc); int iswdigit(wint_t wc); int iswgraph(wint_t wc); int iswlower(wint_t wc); int iswprint(wint_t wc); int iswpunct(wint_t wc); int iswspace(wint_t wc); int iswupper(wint_t wc); int iswxdigit(wint_t wc); DESCRIPTION
These functions test whether wc is a wide-character code representing a character of a particular class defined in the LC_CTYPE category of the current locale. In all cases, wc is a wint_t, the value of which must be a wide-character code corresponding to a valid character in the current locale or must equal the value of the macro WEOF. If the argument has any other values, the behavior is undefined. iswalpha(wc) Tests whether wc is a wide-character code representing a character of class "alpha" in the program's current locale. isenglish(wc) Tests whether wc is a wide-character code representing an English language character, excluding ASCII characters. isideogram(wc) Tests whether wc is a wide-character code representing an ideographic language character, excluding ASCII characters. isnumber(wc) Tests whether wc is a wide-character code representing digit [0-9], excluding ASCII characters. isphonogram(wc) Tests whether wc is a wide-character code representing a phonetic language character, excluding ASCII characters. isspecial(wc) Tests whether wc is a wide-character code representing a special language character, excluding ASCII characters. iswalnum(wc) Tests whether wc is a wide-character code representing a character of class "alpha" or "digit" in the program's current locale. iswascii(wc) Tests whether wc is a wide-character code representing an ASCII character. iswblank(wc) Tests whether wc is a wide-character code representing a character of class "blank" in the program's current locale. This function is not available to applications conforming to standards prior to SUSv3. See standards(5). iswlower(wc) Tests whether wc is a wide-character code representing a character of class "lower" in the program's current locale. iswcntrl(wc) Tests whether wc is a wide-character code representing a character of class "cntrl" in the program's current locale. iswdigit(wc) Tests whether wc is a wide-character code representing a character of class "digit" in the program's current locale. iswgraph(wc) Tests whether wc is a wide-character code representing a character of class "graph" in the program's current locale. iswprint(wc) Tests whether wc is a wide-character code representing a character of class "print" in the program's current locale. iswpunct(wc) Tests whether wc is a wide-character code representing a character of class "punct" in the program's current locale. iswspace(wc) Tests whether wc is a wide-character code representing a character of class "space" in the program's current locale. iswupper(wc) Tests whether wc is a wide-character code representing a character of class "upper" in the program's current locale. iswxdigit(wc) Tests whether wc is a wide-character code representing a character of class "xdigit" in the program's current locale. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe with exceptions | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The iswalpha(), iswalnum(), iswblank(), iswcntrl(), iswdigit(), iswgraph(), iswlower(), iswprint(), iswpunct(), iswspace(), iswupper(), and iswxdigit() functions are Standard. SEE ALSO
localedef(1), setlocale(3C), stdio(3C), ascii(5), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 19 Apr 2004 iswalpha(3C)