Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remote Install of Solaris 10 Client_system_name? Post 302289394 by System Shock on Thursday 19th of February 2009 02:14:41 PM
Old 02-19-2009
The "client system name" is just the hostname you are going to give the server you are building.
Before going any further, is the Sunfire280 set up as a jumpstart?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

run xclock from local solaris to remote solaris

Hello - I am trying to connect to a remote solaris box from a solaris box i have locally present with me using 'ssh login@IP' ... Its connecting fine but... when I run xclock - it says 'Can't open display' Whereas, IF I connect to same remote solaris IP from my windows desktop locally via putty... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
9 Replies

2. AIX

How to install/ migrate AIX through remote login

How to install/ migrate AIX through remote login (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
1 Replies

3. Linux

Install Linux on remote server from Windows PC

I am very new with servers and have never used Linux. The server I'm looking at is not currently connected to anything, and I wish to install Linux on this server. It doesn't have a monitor (no video card) or keyboard. It does have a DVD. Can I communicate with that server using a Windows PC to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvalenti
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing Solaris 8 bootblock without Solaris Install CD

Hello everyone, Background: I'm having an issue with booting a clone of hard drive with Solaris 8 installation. For cloning process I have used g4l, running under click'n'clone option. As far as I know the actual operation ran behind g4l's interface was dd, though I do not have any information... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny994
12 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 install dvd drive boots, but not recoginized by install process

I am trying to build a Sun Ultra 10 with solaris 10. This computer is one of a collection that was donated to the non-profic company I work for. All media was wiped before I recieved them, so I am starting from stratch. I downloaded the Solaris 10 ISO and burned a DVD. The computer came with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwillhight
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Questions about remote access and install USB devices.

I have a server running openindiana, it hosts virtualbox and several VMs on it. My first question is if I can run openindiana desktop from my windows on same network, now I am using XWin server under cygwin-X, I can run GUI of VirtualBox etc. but can I have the openindiana desktop show on my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wyx2000
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 7: Is it possible to install JRE1.6 on Solaris 7

Dear All: I am trying to install JRE 1.6 on Solaris 7. But it's failed. error message: ld.so.1 symbo1 __1cH__Climpkcplus_init6F_v_: referenced symbol not found (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaychen
2 Replies

8. Solaris

No way to install a flar archive of Solaris 10 to Solaris 11.4 zone

I want to migrate a solaris 10 os to solaris 11.4 zone. I did this a)Collect some data like id sysid,disks,ip,etc..on solaris10 OK b)Create this file.cfg with this command on solaris 10 zonep2vchk -c > /migration/sol10.cfg OK c)Create the archive flash on Solaris10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
clear_locks(1M) 					  System Administration Commands					   clear_locks(1M)

NAME
clear_locks - clear locks held on behalf of an NFS client SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/clear_locks [-s] hostname DESCRIPTION
The clear_locks command removes all file, record, and share locks created by the hostname and held on the current host, regardless of which process created or owns the locks. This command can be run only by the super-user. This command should only be used to repair the rare case of a client crashing and failing to clear held locks. Clearing locks held by an active client may cause applications to fail in an unexpected manner. OPTIONS
-s Remove all locks created by the current machine and held by the server hostname. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: hostname name of host server EXIT STATUS
0 Successful operation. 1 If not root. 2 Usage error. 3 If unable to contact server (RPC). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fcntl(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Oct 2004 clear_locks(1M)