Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Wants alternate to the Sleep option?? Post 302289386 by satyajit007 on Thursday 19th of February 2009 01:20:00 PM
Old 02-19-2009
Please elaborate it

Hey but i think in wait we have to mention the PID but here each and every job will be having different PID ..but the PPID will be same for all that is supp.6415......Since I am not an Unix expert rather am a new commer to unix...could you please elaborate how I will use the wait here in this particular script....that would be really helpfull........Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternate way for echo.

Hi, Is there any other command echo does. if I am doing this operation for each line in my file. So its taking very long time to process more than 1000 records. Is there any alternative way to write the above if statement (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil_is
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

option followed by : taking next option if argument missing with getopts

Hi all, I am parsing command line options using getopts. The problem is that mandatory argument options following ":" is taking next option as argument if it is not followed by any argument. Below is the script: while getopts :hd:t:s:l:p:f: opt do case "$opt" in -h|-\?)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

alternate lines

Hi, I'm new to Unix. I want to read the all the lines from a text file and write the alternate lines into another file. Please give me a shell script solution. file1 ----- one two three four five six seven newfile(it should contain the alternate lines from the file1) ------- one... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstanand
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping 'sleep' with my 'resleep' function (Resettable sleep)

This is a very crude attempt in Bash at something that I needed but didn't seem to find in the 'sleep' command. However, I would like to be able to do it without the need for the temp file. Please go easy on me if this is already possible in some other way: How many times have you used the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

recently introduced to the newer option for find...does an older option exist?

To find all the files in your home directory that have been edited in some way since the last tar file, use this command: find . -newer backup.tar.gz Is anyone familiar with an older solution? looking to identify files older then 15mins across several directories. thanks, manny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternate to SLEEP for EXPECT within BASH script?

Fairly new to the System Admin world, and this is my first post here, hoping to get some clarification. I am using a BASH script to automate some Logfile Archiving (into .tars). The actual logfiles are accessed through an SSH, so I have used the following EXPECT sub-script within my main BASH... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Goatfarmer03
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alternate for pwdx in HPUX

I need alternate command as pwdx does not work on HP-UX mymachine B.11.31 U ia64 3223107173 unlimited-user license (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

8. HP-UX

Alternate for wget

Hi, Whats the alternate for wget in HP-UX ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Unrecognized option: sparc-sun-Solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32'

Hi, I installed some packages required by an app built with python. But when I try python setup.py install, I get the following error: /opt/csw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/5.2.0/../../../../sparc-sun-solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32' Could anyone tell me what's wrong... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimkun
4 Replies
dpid.h(3)							     libdaemon								 dpid.h(3)

NAME
dpid.h - Contains an API for manipulating PID files. SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> Defines #define DAEMON_PID_FILE_KILL_WAIT_AVAILABLE 1 This variable is defined to 1 iff daemon_pid_file_kill_wait() is supported. Typedefs typedef const char *(* daemon_pid_file_proc_t )(void) Prototype of a function for generating the name of a PID file. Functions const char * daemon_pid_file_proc_default (void) A function for creating a pid file name from daemon_pid_file_ident. int daemon_pid_file_create (void) Creates PID pid file for the current process. int daemon_pid_file_remove (void) Removes the PID file of the current process. pid_t daemon_pid_file_is_running (void) Returns the PID file of a running daemon, if available. int daemon_pid_file_kill (int s) Kills a running daemon, if available. int daemon_pid_file_kill_wait (int s, int m) Similar to daemon_pid_file_kill() but waits until the process died. Variables const char * daemon_pid_file_ident Identification string for the PID file name, only used when daemon_pid_file_proc is set to daemon_pid_file_proc_default(). daemon_pid_file_proc_t daemon_pid_file_proc A function pointer which is used to generate the name of the PID file to manipulate. Detailed Description Contains an API for manipulating PID files. Definition in file dpid.h. Define Documentation #define DAEMON_PID_FILE_KILL_WAIT_AVAILABLE 1 This variable is defined to 1 iff daemon_pid_file_kill_wait() is supported. Since: 0.3 See also: daemon_pid_file_kill_wait() Definition at line 82 of file dpid.h. Typedef Documentation typedef const char*(* daemon_pid_file_proc_t)(void) Prototype of a function for generating the name of a PID file. Definition at line 37 of file dpid.h. Function Documentation int daemon_pid_file_create (void) Creates PID pid file for the current process. Returns: zero on success, nonzero on failure Examples: testd.c. pid_t daemon_pid_file_is_running (void) Returns the PID file of a running daemon, if available. Returns: The PID or negative on failure Examples: testd.c. int daemon_pid_file_kill (int s) Kills a running daemon, if available. Parameters: s The signal to send Returns: zero on success, nonzero on failure int daemon_pid_file_kill_wait (int s, int m) Similar to daemon_pid_file_kill() but waits until the process died. This functions is new in libdaemon 0.3. The macro DAEMON_PID_FILE_KILL_WAIT_AVAILABLE is defined iff libdaemon supports this function. Parameters: s The signal to send m Seconds to wait at maximum Returns: zero on success, nonzero on failure (timeout condition is considered a failure) Since: 0.3 See also: DAEMON_PID_FILE_KILL_WAIT_AVAILABLE Examples: testd.c. const char* daemon_pid_file_proc_default (void) A function for creating a pid file name from daemon_pid_file_ident. Returns: The PID file path int daemon_pid_file_remove (void) Removes the PID file of the current process. Returns: zero on success, nonzero on failure Examples: testd.c. Variable Documentation const char* daemon_pid_file_ident Identification string for the PID file name, only used when daemon_pid_file_proc is set to daemon_pid_file_proc_default(). Use daemon_ident_from_argv0() to generate an identification string from argv[0] Examples: testd.c. daemon_pid_file_proc_t daemon_pid_file_proc A function pointer which is used to generate the name of the PID file to manipulate. Points to daemon_pid_file_proc_default() by default. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libdaemon from the source code. Version 0.14 17 Jan 2010 dpid.h(3)