Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to list files with certain pattern Post 302289379 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 19th of February 2009 12:46:36 PM
Old 02-19-2009
one way:
Code:
ls /t1/bin/asrv* | grep '[0-9]$'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

List files that do not match the search pattern

I need to list the files that do not match the search pattern: Example: cat file1 This is how it should work cat file2 This is why I like Unix grep -option? Unix * (or some other command) returns file1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: olapxpert
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List files that do not match the search pattern

I need to list the files that do not match the search pattern: Example: cat file1 This is how it should work cat file2 This is why I like Unix grep -option? Unix * (or some other command) returns file1 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: olapxpert
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to replace a pattern in list of files

Hi All, using the below grep command,I get the following output: $grep -irl "bc" /home/applmgr/amit > file_list.log $cat file_list.log /home/applmgr/amit/xyz.log /home/applmgr/amit/abc.log Requirement ========= Need sed utility to replace "bc" with "xy" pattern in the list of files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copying a pattern of files in one directory into other with new pattern names...

Hi, I have to copy a set of files abc* in /path/ to /path1/ as abc*_bkp. The list of files appear as follows in /path/: abc1 xyszd abc2 re2345 abcx .. . abcxyz I have to copy them (abc* files only) into /path1/ as: abc1_bkp abc2_bkp abcx_bkp .. . (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find required files by pattern in xml files and the change the pattern on Linux

Hello, I need to find all *.xml files that matched by pattern on Linux. I need to have written the file name on the screen and then change the pattern in the file just was found. For instance. I can start the script with arguments for keyword and for value, i.e script.sh keyword... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yart
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to list non matching files using pattern

Hi, I am trying to write a script that list down all the files that do not match the pattern My pattern will be like this "*.jpg|*.xml|*.sql". This pattern will be stored in a file. The script need to read this pattern from the file and delete the files that does not match this pattern. It... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meenavin
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

list files with a specific pattern

How can I list files with the following specific criteria? I am trying this $> ls *.log or $>ls *.log? --> but it only gives me fsaffa.log1, rwerw.log2. How can I get all three files with a simple selection criteria ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List only files based on a pattern

Hi Gurus, I need to list only the files with out certain extension. For eg from the following list of files: I need to only list: Thanks Shash (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files to match file list pattern

Hi All, I have 100 folders with the first delimiter has a unique name i.e (123_hello and 575_hello) and each folder have atlist 1000 plus files with naming convention i.e (575_hello_1.iso ... 575_hello_1000.iso). 575_hello/575_hello_1.iso 575_hello/575_hello_2.iso 575_hello/575_hello_3.iso... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

List files of arbitrary depth according to a given pattern

I would like to list all the .c and .h files in the current directory or any of its subdirectories. I tried ls -R *.c *.h or ls -R | *.c *.h but that doesn't work. A related question : how to copy all the .c and .h files in the current directory or any of its subdirectories into another... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakezkerrien
3 Replies
ZGREP(1)                                                      General Commands Manual                                                     ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)